Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eek just clicked full term.😳 Holy moly!!

My little girl was born yesterday morning via a planned c section. All went smoothly and recovery is going well! I'm so in love with her and can't stop staring at her. She is perfect.
I really struggled towards the end of my pregnancy but it makes it all worth it. She's been an absolute dream in hospital so hopefully the same continues when we get home!
Good luck to everyone expecting their babies soon, it really is the most magical time!
Congratulations!!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I bought something today as I can’t remember who said it on here but they’d said it made it feel more real so I just bought a little cardigan and do you know what for some reason I feel a lot more positive! Yes it may still go wrong but I doubt it it did I’d be upset over a cardigan 😂x
Ahh glad to see you’ve bought a little thing!! It really does help you 😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m a little weird about sharing photos only and family sharing photos as well. Dreading the convo with my MIL, especially after some fall out re: us asking for no visitors for the first two weeks.

Anyway — is there a secure app that you’re all using for sharing photos with the family? I was looking at FamilyAlbum, anyone use it? Is it actually secure?
My friend uses an app called Back Then which seems quite good. I'm not too sure on the security of it but I think she has just allowed access to people who she wants to have access. Users have to download the Back Then app but as a user who sees her photos, it is like a nice virtual photo album to scroll through; you can also add videos and give permission to people to add their own photos too if they wish.

Reactions: 1
Congratulations @Thecolourrainbow 💕💕💕

I had my 20 week scan today, I’m 22+2.. everything was fine, I almost started crying at the end I was just so relieved!! It’s little feet 😫Didn’t find out the gender 🤍🤍 my placenta is covering my cervix so I’m booked for another scan at 32 weeks to see if it’s moved
My placenta is also covering my cervix I’m 21 + 4… hoping it moves! X

• Heart
I had my 12 week scan yesterday and sonogropher was really lovely and so thorough - we were very lucky. Everything looking normal at the moment so now just counting down to 20 weeks. Due date is 2nd January 2023 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I had my 12 week scan yesterday and sonogropher was really lovely and so thorough - we were very lucky. Everything looking normal at the moment so now just counting down to 20 weeks. Due date is 2nd January 2023 🥰
Wow is this the first 2023 baby?

I didn't believe a soul when they told me pregnancy would fly and those first 12 weeks were the longest of my life but I can't quite believe I'll have my baby by this time next week. I still feel like I have months left so seeing a due date for 2023 shocks me a bit 😂
It's such a surreal experience, I don't think I'll believe she's real until I'm holding her!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
HELP! I have an emergency scan this morning and I’m not sure whether because I’m only 7 weeks it’ll be internal or external, (hospital dpt isn’t open - I’ve tried already) so want to know what you think and how I should prep… should I just not eat and down a load of water?

• Heart
My placenta is also covering my cervix I’m 21 + 4… hoping it moves! X
Me too, my midwife has been planting the seed that a c section will be best for me as I’m high risk for a load of other reasons, but lately I’ve decided I’d rather try naturally. I have an appointment with a consultant in august to discuss everything so I’ll see what they say x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
HELP! I have an emergency scan this morning and I’m not sure whether because I’m only 7 weeks it’ll be internal or external, (hospital dpt isn’t open - I’ve tried already) so want to know what you think and how I should prep… should I just not eat and down a load of water?
Eat & drink as normal, usually around this time hospitals will try both internal and external scans.
I had a EPU scan at 9 weeks & she tried externally before she changed to internal 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It will be probably be internal and you need an empty bladder x

• Heart
Probably internal, drink plenty but they'll have you empty your bladder before they scan internally and you can still have breakfast. Hope it goes well.

• Heart
They always try external first so drink loads.
Eating as normal is fine either way.
And if they need to do an internal, they'll ask you to go and empty your bladder

• Heart
Aww we're so close together, I'm the 3rd January 2023 but it'll probably be earlier than that 🥰

Well … after 2.5 years and being 37+3, I tested positive for COVID this morning. 😱🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😡

I have been so diligent this whole time, but my husband took a flight home from work on 14 June and we think that’s when he got it and then gave it to me.

Luckily I am currently symptom free save for a slight tickle in my throat and nose. I’m already tired so not sure if it’s COVID, lack of sleep, having done all the house work all week & taking care of husband while he was in quarantine, or being 37+3; honestly, it’s probably all of them.

I’ll call L&D in a bit to see what they say. I’m mostly worried about a fever and taking paracetamol. My c section is scheduled for 7-7 so let’s hope I’m recovered by then. When I saw my OB on Wednesday she didn’t seem concerned about contracting COVID this late + 2 weeks until a section so 🤷‍♀️.

Other than hydrating, any tips to help this thing move along out of my system faster?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Well … after 2.5 years and being 37+3, I tested positive for COVID this morning. 😱🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😡

I have been so diligent this whole time, but my husband took a flight home from work on 14 June and we think that’s when he got it and then gave it to me.

Luckily I am currently symptom free save for a slight tickle in my throat and nose. I’m already tired so not sure if it’s COVID, lack of sleep, having done all the house work all week & taking care of husband while he was in quarantine, or being 37+3; honestly, it’s probably all of them.

I’ll call L&D in a bit to see what they say. I’m mostly worried about a fever and taking paracetamol. My c section is scheduled for 7-7 so let’s hope I’m recovered by then. When I saw my OB on Wednesday she didn’t seem concerned about contracting COVID this late + 2 weeks until a section so 🤷‍♀️.

Other than hydrating, any tips to help this thing move along out of my system faster?
I don't know if it's any reassurance at all but all 5 of us in the house caught Covid just over 2 weeks ago now.
After avoiding it the whole time!

As many people have said, luckily, it only felt like a bad cold.
Wouldn't even say that bad really. Just with added tiredness and a bit achey.

All 5 of us tested negative after 11 days. So fingers crossed for you 😊
My hospital have the rule of 10 days after testing positive and you're fine. Even if you're still testing positive as some people can test positive for months 😊
So I'd double check with them but I believe most people are only contagious around 5 days after testing positive

• Heart
I don't know if it's any reassurance at all but all 5 of us in the house caught Covid just over 2 weeks ago now.
After avoiding it the whole time!

As many people have said, luckily, it only felt like a bad cold.
Wouldn't even say that bad really. Just with added tiredness and a bit achey.

All 5 of us tested negative after 11 days. So fingers crossed for you 😊
My hospital have the rule of 10 days after testing positive and you're fine. Even if you're still testing positive as some people can test positive for months 😊
So I'd double check with them but I believe most people are only contagious around 5 days after testing positive
This is super reassuring! Thank you!

Did you test every day or just when symptoms started to subside?

This is super reassuring! Thank you!

Did you test every day or just when symptoms started to subside?
I don't even know when symptoms started tbh as I already had a cold. And it was only because my Mum had tested positive and I'd seen her several days before that I actually tested.
I'd tested when i had had a cold for a few days already and it was negative so I kkow it wasn't Covid to start with.
So it all just felt like 1 long cold 😂
I didn't see the point in testing every day. Once I got the positive, I tested after 5 days and it was still pretty bright. So I waited again until 8 days and by then it was a faint line.
And then i tested again at 10/11 days and it was negative 😊
I'd still got a cough and a slightly runny nose though when it went negative 😊

Hopefully it doesn't get any worse, I wasn't too bad with it just really tired. On the bright side you won't need a pcr prior to your section so the timing isn't too bad, my worst fear was having a positive test before I was planning to go in and needing to labour alone as my hospital won't allow partners if you're positive but I had it around 2 months ago so avoided that 🙌🏻

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.