Pregnancy #36 Mother In Laws… please shut up!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations @Thecolourrainbow 💕💕💕

I had my 20 week scan today, I’m 22+2.. everything was fine, I almost started crying at the end I was just so relieved!! It’s little feet 😫Didn’t find out the gender 🤍🤍 my placenta is covering my cervix so I’m booked for another scan at 32 weeks to see if it’s moved

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My little girl was born yesterday morning via a planned c section. All went smoothly and recovery is going well! I'm so in love with her and can't stop staring at her. She is perfect.
I really struggled towards the end of my pregnancy but it makes it all worth it. She's been an absolute dream in hospital so hopefully the same continues when we get home!
Good luck to everyone expecting their babies soon, it really is the most magical time!
Congratulations!!

Does anyone know of any Bath soaks/products which are useful for after baby to help with any sore bits? I've read Epsom salts are good?

Congratulations!!

Does anyone know of any Bath soaks/products which are useful for after baby to help with any sore bits? I've read Epsom salts are good?
My expert midwives have some decent products for post partum, I’ve got a few of their things to try out x

Congratulations!!

I used to just bath in lavender and tea tree oil. I had a 2nd degree tear borderline 3rd so didn’t want anything that would irritate it but honestly I would say they were a major factor in me healing so well. I got mine from home bargains so they weren’t expensive at all, I think maybe £1.29 per bottle?

I bought something today as I can’t remember who said it on here but they’d said it made it feel more real so I just bought a little cardigan and do you know what for some reason I feel a lot more positive! Yes it may still go wrong but I doubt it it did I’d be upset over a cardigan 😂x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m a little weird about sharing photos only and family sharing photos as well. Dreading the convo with my MIL, especially after some fall out re: us asking for no visitors for the first two weeks.

Anyway — is there a secure app that you’re all using for sharing photos with the family? I was looking at FamilyAlbum, anyone use it? Is it actually secure?

Reactions: 3
Congratulations!!

Witch hazel is amazing. Soak gauze with it and place inside your underwear. Wear a pad aswell. Blissful for your bits!

Reactions: 1
I’m a little weird about sharing photos only and family sharing photos as well. Dreading the convo with my MIL, especially after some fall out re: us asking for no visitors for the first two weeks.

Anyway — is there a secure app that you’re all using for sharing photos with the family? I was looking at FamilyAlbum, anyone use it? Is it actually secure?
I won't be posting pictures online either and already had some arguments with family around this. I never post on social media, my last post was before Chrsitmas! Especially since tattle and being more aware of online safety and the risks people put their children in, there's no way I'll allow it.
Unsure of apps but I've agreed to send pictures via messenger to family now and then, otherwise we'll just be taking them for ourselves to keep.

Reactions: 5
I had my 12 week scan today and the sonographer was bloody awful. So unenthusiastic and very blunt. Gave us awful photos that are blurry (yet there were plenty of times that the baby was really clear on the screen) so we're feeling a little deflated

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Hey ladies, has anyone suffered with spd during pregnancy? Or sudden groin pain where it literally hurts to walk? X
Not pregnant but randomly nosying on the thread! Had my second baby 7 months ago and I’m still seeing the chiropractor for my lingering spd. Seen good tips given so far but the biggest relief for me was getting a sausage shape pregnancy pillow, rolling it into a donut shape and then lowering your bump in and lying on your front. Takes all the weight off

I had my 12 week scan today and the sonographer was bloody awful. So unenthusiastic and very blunt. Gave us awful photos that are blurry (yet there were plenty of times that the baby was really clear on the screen) so we're feeling a little deflated
Aww it’s tit when they’re like that, my 12 week one was the same. No wonder the private scan places make a fortune. I hope you’re ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Aww it’s tit when they’re like that, my 12 week one was the same. No wonder the private scan places make a fortune. I hope you’re ok x
I'm so pleased I went for the early reassurance one because the lady there was so lovely with MiniGlenCoco. I would have been so upset if that had been her first experience of seeing the baby!

I'm okay thank you, just trying to focus on the positives that we saw - baby wriggling and stretching which was lovely to see. And then the midwives were lovely afterwards 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I use family album as I don't post photos on social media.
As far as I'm aware... Its secure.
You can choose who to add to it and they have to follow a link.

When I had my first, I told my sister I wouldn't be putting photos online and she replied with "Well good luck telling mum"
I don't care mate 😂 it's my child.

Reactions: 2
When packing babies bag for hospital, do you take your own bottles? My midwife said the hospital has formula. But I completely blanked and forgot to ask about bottles 🤦🏻‍♀️

Makes sense to me to take my own but just wondered how that works with cleaning and sterilising in the hospital?

I use family album as I don't post photos on social media.
As far as I'm aware... Its secure.
You can choose who to add to it and they have to follow a link.

When I had my first, I told my sister I wouldn't be putting photos online and she replied with "Well good luck telling mum"
I don't care mate 😂 it's my child.
My family is fine with it, but I’m certain my in laws will not be. No FB, no messenger photos, no what’sapp, and certainly no Instagram. It’s our child, respect our wishes, which is what the whole fallout was about earlier this week. LittlestBluebird isn’t even born and there’s already drama.

My sister also has 0 photos online of her kids and uses something different than FamilyAlbum.

When packing babies bag for hospital, do you take your own bottles? My midwife said the hospital has formula. But I completely blanked and forgot to ask about bottles 🤦🏻‍♀️

Makes sense to me to take my own but just wondered how that works with cleaning and sterilising in the hospital?
Usually if they provide it, it'll be premade bottles.
As they don't usually have the facilities for everyone to be sterilising bottles etc.

With my second, they provided formula but I still took my own premade bottles just incase

Usually if they provide it, it'll be premade bottles.
As they don't usually have the facilities for everyone to be sterilising bottles etc.

With my second, they provided formula but I still took my own premade bottles just incase
Ahh yes I always forget you can get the pre made bottles!
that makes sense, thank you

Reactions: 1
I have almost everything in my hospital bag I think 🤣🤣🫣!! I didn’t even think of premade bottles (I’ll take some incase I can’t breastfeed)
Oh gosh I have no idea what I’m doing 😂!!
It was my last day at work today, I genuinely think another week would’ve written me off!! Mind you probably not the best idea working at 38 weeks 😂

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.