Pregnancy #35 Sponsored by Judy Lee

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These stomach pains are really bothering me now 🥴 they’re like period pains but they didn’t seem concerned earlier when I seen them in the epu! I know everyone says it’s common but has anyone had period like pains that last hours?
Just came here to ask the same advice. Woke at 6am crippled in pain. Fell back asleep and gone completely when I got up at 8… Iv never had a period pain in my life, very lucky I know but wondering is these pains are normal. I’m 18+2

Reactions: 1
These stomach pains are really bothering me now 🥴 they’re like period pains but they didn’t seem concerned earlier when I seen them in the epu! I know everyone says it’s common but has anyone had period like pains that last hours?
Yes, by seven weeks your uterus is double the size so makes sense that it feels like period pain. Can be really uncomfortable!

• Heart
Just after a bit of advice, has anyone who already has a baby done combination feeding? I was set on formula feeding until a week ago and now I'm thinking about combination feeding, bottle during the day and breastfeeding at night. I asked my midwife and she just said its fine to do but that was it, so wondering if anyone has any positive stories on this?
We do the reverse and breast feed in the day and formula at night (mainly because I’m slack on pumping and so her dad can feed her) and baby does not care at all! Happily takes the bottle from her dad

Reactions: 2
Exciting news! I lost my mucus plug earlier (well, pretty sure I did 😂) I know this doesn’t necessarily mean anything is going to start happening. But it’s nice to feel that something might be ✨ finally ✨ progressing.

I didn’t even know this was a thing before I started reading this thread, how much mucus is normal? It started a few hours ago and came out in a few different bits but I’ve not had anything for a while. Just wondering whether to expect more or whether that’s it.

I’ve also had backache and been getting some tightenings which feel more painful than usual and make me wince a little. How do I know what’s just a BH and what’s a contraction? Is it a case of when you know you know?!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Exciting news! I lost my mucus plug earlier (well, pretty sure I did 😂) I know this doesn’t necessarily mean anything is going to start happening. But it’s nice to feel that something might be ✨ finally ✨ progressing.

I didn’t even know this was a thing before I started reading this thread, how much mucus is normal? It started a few hours ago and came out in a few different bits but I’ve not had anything for a while. Just wondering whether to expect more or whether that’s it.

I’ve also had backache and been getting some tightenings which feel more painful than usual and make me wince a little. How do I know what’s just a BH and what’s a contraction? Is it a case of when you know you know?!
Get on that ball woman! And walking up and down the stairs!!!
It sounds daft, but you'll know, for now keep an eye on them & time them!
Oh this is so exciting! Keep us updated where you can!!!

Reactions: 4

You'll be surprised how much there is of a mucus plug 😂😂
When you least expect it 😂
Was it bloody?

It's definitely when you know you know, but I'd keep timing them if you can 😊
BH usually go away when you stop doing whatever you're doing.

Sounds very positive!!

Reactions: 3
Yes. I‘ve had one f2f appointment with a midwife so far. My next appointment at 25 weeks will be another phone call. Not seen a consultant in person and my next appointment at 29 weeks will be a video conference. It feels quite impersonal imo and wholly unnecessary.
That’s pretty outrageous, I’m not sure how I’d cope mentally with that. 29 weeks via a video conference! Jeez!

It appears I was very naive coming into the whole process, I’m not sure what I expected but certainly not the hands off approach. I’m a wee worry head and further into my pregnancy I’d hope for a little face to face reassurance if I needed it. We shall see but I won’t hold my breath 😅

That’s pretty outrageous, I’m not sure how I’d cope mentally with that. 29 weeks via a video conference! Jeez!

It appears I was very naive coming into the whole process, I’m not sure what I expected but certainly not the hands off approach. I’m a wee worry head and further into my pregnancy I’d hope for a little face to face reassurance if I needed it. We shall see but I won’t hold my breath 😅
I know - I’m wondering if they’ll try and find a way to deliver the baby by video conference 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We do the reverse and breast feed in the day and formula at night (mainly because I’m slack on pumping and so her dad can feed her) and baby does not care at all! Happily takes the bottle from her dad
i’d love to do this. daddy needs duties too! pray i can breast feed during the day & pump the milk/use formula bottle feed in the night & yes i am the same i still have period pains! sometimes i double over in the pain!

If I was a few more days pregnant I could have ticked ready to pop 😱 crazy. But still in 30-36 for now. Can't believe how fast this is going! Baby due month starts tomorrow.
Wonder how many babies we'll have in this thread 💕

Yay brilliant news. How wonderful if baby does make an appearance on the jubilee ❤.

Anyone else have a slight panic when you vote for your stage of pregnancy and it’s 24-30 weeks 😂 where’s the time going!

Anyone else have a slight panic when you vote for your stage of pregnancy and it’s 24-30 weeks 😂 where’s the time going!
Same! I'm 25 weeks and remember saying the first bit went sooo slowly and now I'm thinking tit there's so much I still need to do and it's going too quick!!

Yes. I‘ve had one f2f appointment with a midwife so far. My next appointment at 25 weeks will be another phone call. Not seen a consultant in person and my next appointment at 29 weeks will be a video conference. It feels quite impersonal imo and wholly unnecessary.
Wow that’s crazy. I’m at a hospital in east London (for some reason I feel they’d be more likely to do this… !) and none of mine are phone calls. All face to face. Where are you based (vaguely of course) x

Same! I'm 25 weeks and remember saying the first bit went sooo slowly and now I'm thinking tit there's so much I still need to do and it's going too quick!!
This is so good to hear, I feel like I’ve been in the teens of weeks forever right now 🤣

1st June today means I am due next month and I can not believe it! I'm due 4th July so she could even come this month!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I’ve been checking for your updates! Hope things start soon for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻

I'm due 8th July with twins... but potentially they could be here this month!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Wow that’s crazy. I’m at a hospital in east London (for some reason I feel they’d be more likely to do this… !) and none of mine are phone calls. All face to face. Where are you based (vaguely of course) x
I’m in Norfolk. I go for a scan and then literally leave the hospital department where the consultant is to speak to them via computer or phone. Bonkers!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.