Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Hello everybody! Thanks for all the love ❤

After going into spontaneous labour 12 hours before I was supposed to be induced, our beautiful rainbow Judy Lee baby was born on Friday afternoon - you called it @I’mThankyou_!

Unfortunately after a pretty straight forward labour, baby Rita was born struggling to breathe and was taken straight down to NICU where it was found she has a sepsis infection. She is still there now hooked up to all sorted of machines and wires and is still critically ill, but stable and better than she was at this point yesterday.

It has been tougher than I ever imagined being separated from my baby girl and struggling myself with some epidural side effects meaning I can only get out of bed for a few minutes at a time and can’t spend all my time by her bedside. We managed to have a very short cuddle before she got taken away, but the thought that I can’t feed her or change her nappy makes me worry so much what I am missing out on in these early few days.

They have had to give her relaxant medicines in order for her to fully sleep as she is a feisty one and kept trying to fight against the machines! Hopefully now they know exactly what is wrong the antibiotics will start to work soon.

I’m sure there will be more highs and lows as we continue over the days ahead but I am also sure my girl is a fighter through and through and I just can’t wait to get her home 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Celeste

Chatty Member
Baby Celeste arrived yesterday by elective C-section as he was breech, weighing 7lb 1 at 39+3. It was quite a stressful day, there is nothing worse than a seemingly endless wait when you are really scared, but it wasn't so bad in the end. It took me quite a long time to feel ok after the spinal block but baby is doing fantastically and was so alert and calm from the moment he was born. We've worked really hard on breastfeeding overnight and feeling quite positive on that front so far. Fingers crossed we can go home tomorrow... although moving around is still very painful, I need to be a bit quicker to ask for pain relief I think!

Long time readers will know how much I struggled with parts of pregnancy, especially with my mental health. Thank you all again for all your support, this thread was a lifeline at times. Of course, now it's over I really wish I'd been able to embrace pregnancy more, but I think a previous loss will do that to you (and know lots of you are in a similar position at the moment). Sending love and strength to all of you. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 44

TurtletonTheThird

I don't post on this thread much, but I do read all the posts. I've been here since I first found out I was pregnant at the start of September and I'm happy to say baby girl arrived almost two weeks ago. Almost two weeks overdue, luckily avoided induction. Didn't get my water birth and ended in a category 2 csection.

We are very much in the newborn bubble, slowly getting back on my feet and enjoying all the newborn head sniffs.

For anybody who is anxious about life with baby, I was terrified but honestly I can't imagine my life without her now and they're right when they say you just know what to do.

Don't feel ready to leave this thread just yet haha

• Heart
Reactions: 27

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Exciting news! I lost my mucus plug earlier (well, pretty sure I did 😂) I know this doesn’t necessarily mean anything is going to start happening. But it’s nice to feel that something might be ✨ finally ✨ progressing.

I didn’t even know this was a thing before I started reading this thread, how much mucus is normal? It started a few hours ago and came out in a few different bits but I’ve not had anything for a while. Just wondering whether to expect more or whether that’s it.

I’ve also had backache and been getting some tightenings which feel more painful than usual and make me wince a little. How do I know what’s just a BH and what’s a contraction? Is it a case of when you know you know?!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Baby Celeste arrived yesterday by elective C-section as he was breech, weighing 7lb 1 at 39+3. It was quite a stressful day, there is nothing worse than a seemingly endless wait when you are really scared, but it wasn't so bad in the end. It took me quite a long time to feel ok after the spinal block but baby is doing fantastically and was so alert and calm from the moment he was born. We've worked really hard on breastfeeding overnight and feeling quite positive on that front so far. Fingers crossed we can go home tomorrow... although moving around is still very painful, I need to be a bit quicker to ask for pain relief I think!

Long time readers will know how much I struggled with parts of pregnancy, especially with my mental health. Thank you all again for all your support, this thread was a lifeline at times. Of course, now it's over I really wish I'd been able to embrace pregnancy more, but I think a previous loss will do that to you (and know lots of you are in a similar position at the moment). Sending love and strength to all of you. ♥
Congratulations to you ❤❤ So pleased for you. I feel the same re enjoying pregnancy but I really did struggle the whole way through.

—————————————————————

It’s a year ago today we lost our first baby and it’s a very bittersweet feeling for me I have to say. They will be forever loved and remembered but without going through that I wouldn’t have my gorgeous girl today 💕 Just want to say to those of you struggling with being pregnant after a loss, that things are worth it in the end when you are holding your beautiful babies ❤ 🕊

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Clickbait

VIP Member
Think I felt baby move for the first time this morning. Made me laugh as it was such a strange sensation, and felt so happy 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Cloak

VIP Member
Guys I’m having a major wobble 😅 C section tomorrow and have started wildly freaking out! I know this is totally normal but argh wtaf!

like it’s all well and good when it’s an abstract concept — aww cute scan picture, cute tiny clothes but suddenly it’s getting real and I’m SHITTING MYSELF! Whyyyyy have I done this!

(Obviously I do know why and deep down I want this but also it’s just so fucking terrifying) 😱🥵😰😨🫣

• Heart

calmyourritas

VIP Member
How are you doing lovely? Thinking of you and baby girl 💖💖
Sorry I missed this comment yesterday! I’m doing okay thankyou, I ended up not needing the second blood patch in the end as my symptoms eased thank goodness!!! I’m home now and recovering 💕 still struggling to bend over but it’s a good excuse to get Mr Rita to do everything for me 😁

Baby girl is doing really well, we are trying hard to get her onto bottle feeding (as she has been being fed in her feeding tube) which is proving quite difficult - she doesn’t want to do the hard work! Hoping we crack that soon so we are on the next step to coming home 🤞 I am hating not being in the same building as here. It feels so empty and lonely without her even though she’s never been here! Could genuinely start crying at any given moment. But hopefully it won’t be too long.

Last edited:
  • Heart

ChattyMammy

Chatty Member
20 week scan done and all okay 💙 and confirmed it’s definitely a little boy! Feeling very relieved now and ready for a good nights sleep tonight!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Thecolourrainbow

I'm having my baby this week!! 😍🥺 booked in for an elective. Can't believe it is so soon. I'm so nervous but so excited to meet her now.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Gidget00_

VIP Member
I had my first scan today, baby is measuring at 7 weeks 2 days and everything seems great even though I had a little bit of spotting. I can’t believe I’m actually pregnant, It feels so surreal but I feel so happy 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Nayalove96

VIP Member
Had my scan today everything is perfect! They did a normal scan and baby was huge 😂 hope this helps for the people who are anxious about nothing being there considering I was laying on the bed thinking omg it will be empty 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Megatron1298

VIP Member
Can I just have a moment to say how much I appreciate this thread. I love how supportive everyone is of each other, considering we will all have our own opinions and thoughts on how to do things everyone is so kind and rational for lack of a better word. There are some forums out there that are down right horrific to look at I love that I have a safe space to come and chat and also see how everyone is doing 🥰 alright as you were

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Celeste

Chatty Member
Baby Celeste will be here on Wednesday, all being well, had to go for Covid and MRSA swabs this morning. I'm swaying between excited and absolutely terrified. I'll have managed a whole 2 days of maternity leave before he'll be here. 😂

On the topic of buying things, I only bought a couple of little bits before our 20 week scan and then tried to be strategic with sales and stuff. I'd really recommend making a list of what you deem to be essentials and ticking off as you go cos it can get really overwhelming.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Cloak

VIP Member
I’m having an elective c section in 9 days… can’t believe it! I’m excited and nervous to meet him, feel like I’ve been pregnant forever. Also a little worried he might try and make an early appearance, feel massive!
Good luck to everyone else due this month 🤞

• Heart
So we had an private early gender scan while in my partner’s home country and we are very clearly having boy! 🥰 I say clearly because he was sitting cross legged with his bum facing us and there was a very clear outline of a cock and balls which gave us all a laugh 😂
I’m so excited, not because we had a preference either way but just because it’s nice to have a little more info about our little man 😊

Also, side note, the sweet/savoury cravings determining gender wasn’t true in my case. I’ve been all over the sweet stuff.

• Heart

Gidget00_

VIP Member
I told my parents last night that I’m pregnant, they are so happy! I didn’t want to tell anyone because when I had a MMC I had told everyone I was pregnant and to tell people I lost the baby was the hardest thing. I’m so excited and can’t wait for my 12 week scan but I’m also really nervous because of the past.

• Heart

WhatABore

VIP Member
Think my baby is going to have left home before I leave the thread 😂
14 months old and still here 😂
Put my first message in the pregnancy thread just after my 12 week scan!

• Heart
  • Haha

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Can’t believe I’ve been ready to pop for over a whole thread now 😆😆 at least I know she’s definitely going to come in this one… unless we fill 50 pages within a week 🤭

F7CFAC77-D466-4D30-B2FD-3ACA5697CDDC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18