• Baby is here - I just can’t leave!

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • TTC and seeing what I’m in for

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Just browsing

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wanted to say thanks for all the lovely messages this morning ❤ had my GP appt and it all went well. She is referring me to a different hospital as opposed to the one I was under for my miscarriage as she wasn't happy at all with the treatment I received there so fingers crossed this hospital is better 🤞 she's also sent a referral in for the EPU so hopefully I hear from them in the next week or so.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Just after a bit of advice, has anyone who already has a baby done combination feeding? I was set on formula feeding until a week ago and now I'm thinking about combination feeding, bottle during the day and breastfeeding at night. I asked my midwife and she just said its fine to do but that was it, so wondering if anyone has any positive stories on this?

Last edited:
Think my baby is going to have left home before I leave the thread 😂
14 months old and still here 😂
Put my first message in the pregnancy thread just after my 12 week scan!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Just after a bit of advice, has anyone who already has a baby done combination feeding? I was set on formula feeding until a week ago and now I'm thinking about combination feeding, bottle during the day and breastfeeding at night. I asked my midwife and she just said its fine to do but that was it, so wondering if anyone has any positive stories on this?
We still combi feed 9 months in!
I exclusively pumped for the first 3 months (had some supply issues but they were resolved) and for around 2 months we were dependent on formula whilst I sorted out my supply and got to grips with tandem feeding but we've not had any major issues.
All I would say is go with the flow, and don't beat yourself up about it not working or feeling like you are struggling!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
We still combi feed 9 months in!
I exclusively pumped for the first 3 months (had some supply issues but they were resolved) and for around 2 months we were dependent on formula whilst I sorted out my supply and got to grips with tandem feeding but we've not had any major issues.
All I would say is go with the flow, and don't beat yourself up about it not working or feeling like you are struggling!
Thank you so much for this, I've been so unsure if it will work out, I could never breastfeed in public etc so have decided I want to combination feed but wasn't sure if it was even something that would work with keeping your supply going etc

Reactions: 1
I do a variation of this. I breastfeed on demand during the day but she has a bottle of formula during the day (when I'm not there) and always at bedtime so dad can help, and breastfeed during the night.

I started giving her bottles of expressed milk in the hospital, though some people say you shouldn't do that incase it causes nipple confusion but never has for her and its worked out really well!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thank you so much for this, I've been so unsure if it will work out, I could never breastfeed in public etc so have decided I want to combination feed but wasn't sure if it was even something that would work with keeping your supply going etc
I'd say start with breast feeding the first few days just to get that supply in, then you can offer expressed milk in a bottle to get her used to both boob and bottle then introduce formula. Be prepared for a little constipation when starting with formula as it's heavier on their tummies, you may find they don't want as much formula as they would milk from you. It's all trial & error and what ever works for you guys, but it is definitely doable 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I do a variation of this. I breastfeed on demand during the day but she has a bottle of formula during the day (when I'm not there) and always at bedtime so dad can help, and breastfeed during the night.

I started giving her bottles of expressed milk in the hospital, though some people say you shouldn't do that incase it causes nipple confusion but never has for her and its worked out really well!
Thank you so much, so your supply doesn't dry up because you're not breastfeeding 24/7?

I'd say start with breast feeding the first few days just to get that supply in, then you can offer expressed milk in a bottle to get her used to both boob and bottle then introduce formula. Be prepared for a little constipation when starting with formula as it's heavier on their tummies, you may find they don't want as much formula as they would milk from you. It's all trial & error and what ever works for you guys, but it is definitely doable 😊
Amazing thank you! You've made me feel better about it ☺

Wow I can’t believe I’ve just ticked ‘baby is here but I just can’t leave’ wild how fasts it’s gone since I first joined this lovely thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you so much, so your supply doesn't dry up because you're not breastfeeding 24/7?

It shouldn't do, your breasts work on supply and demand so long as your removing milk it will always produce more. But to produce it you need to remove it to signal you need to make more.

Nope 🙂 just as @I'mThankyou_ said it works on supply and demand so as long as your feeding you'll produce. Good advice to start with breastfeeding in the hospital so that you establish your supply. Also baby will help to establish your supply by cluster feeding during the early days too 🙂

Found out today I’m being induced at 39 weeks, which is 2 weeks on Friday. GAAAAH. Can also start having sweeps from next week. I’m excited but suddenly terrified!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Can’t believe I’ve been ready to pop for over a whole thread now 😆😆 at least I know she’s definitely going to come in this one… unless we fill 50 pages within a week 🤭

F7CFAC77-D466-4D30-B2FD-3ACA5697CDDC.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
25 weeks and my first post! Found out at my 20 week scan(I was 22 weeks) that there is something wrong with the umbilical cord, basically it’s missing a blood vessel or something..has anyone been told this too? They’ve mentioned me maybe having preeclampsia(high blood pressure and protein in my urine) but haven’t definitely said if I’ve got it. Will it mean anything further along in my pregnancy? Feel very unprepared for everything, due in September and time is flying!!

• Heart
So ladies, another question from me for the more experienced pregnant people who’ve had gestational diabetes but didn’t have multiples: do you know how you got it? My BMI is over 30 so I’m paranoid about getting it. Keep feeling guilty when I eat something sweet which is a nightmare because all I want is ice cream…

So ladies, another question from me for the more experienced pregnant people who’ve had gestational diabetes but didn’t have multiples: do you know how you got it? My BMI is over 30 so I’m paranoid about getting it. Keep feeling guilty when I eat something sweet which is a nightmare because all I want is ice cream…
I haven't had it and I've had a bmi of over 50 for my first 2 and over 30 for my 3rd.
Eating sweet things also won't give you GD 😊
You either get it or you don't imo.

• Heart
I haven't had it and I've had a bmi of over 50 for my first 2 and over 30 for my 3rd.
Eating sweet things also won't give you GD 😊
You either get it or you don't imo.
That’s so good to hear, honestly they can make you feel so guilty sometimes. Like you’re guaranteed to get it and it will be all your fault because your BMI is high etc. But my friend who has a very high BMI didn’t get it, but one of my very slim friends did… ! Its clearly not as straightforward as just being bigger. Wondering if there’s any real way to prevent it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.