Pregnancy #34 Sponsored by trying to shave ya bits without cutting off a lip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This just seems to be the theme for maternity wear in general and it’s so annoying 😖 just stick a full term bump on your size 6 small boobs model that’s really helpful and obviously very representative of all pregnant women x
Amen to this! Glad I’m not the only one irritated by it.

I got excellent maternity swimwear on Shein. Room for bump to grow and supports the large boobs! Would recommend
I’ve always been a bit wary of them as a company and worried the products might be a bit ropey but support for large boobs cannot be overlooked so I’ll check them out. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 1
Where's good for maternity bras? I need to sort something, my current situation is verging on indecent.

How does sizing work? Is it the same as regular bras or is there some secret method? Or is it just trial and error? Last time I had a proper fitting at Debenhams but obviously that's out of the question. I think the only other place near us that does fittings is M&S, but I hate the fact that they still use that stupid old fashioned "measure and add 4 or 5" method.
I went to M&S at the weekend. Omg the comfort! I went up 4inches. Same cup size. But it’s like a foreign language to me. Had to get the lady to measure me

I am rocking the uni-boob with unflattering nursing bras 😩 it’s also on my to do list but I don’t want to spend a bunch on new bras if they will change size again after birth… I am now up to an E cup 😭

Regarding swimwear I invested in a You Swim one size fits most in my last pregnancy and it fit me from pre pregnancy to 34 weeks (I stopped swimming then), and then post partum when I took my son swimming at 6 months I didn’t have to worry about finding a new swimsuit for my new bod. I think they are quite flattering too I have the one piece, but a bit high maintenance washing and drying

Reactions: 3
I’ve been doing some research on maternity swimwear and it’s proving to be a challenge. ASOS have some but they don’t use pregnant models or models with boobs bigger than a B cup which doesn’t help visualise how they may look.

If I find anything worth knowing about I’ll post and let you know.
I ordered some off asos today so I’ll Report back tomorrow. I also ordered some maternity gym wear, not that my HG is manageable I’m trying to get back into exercise. Managed a 35 min prenatal HIIT this morning

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@Megatron I’ve got a youswim one too. Invested for pregnancy in the hope that I never have to buy another bikini ever again! There’s always discount codes about if people are interested.

• Heart
Hi girls! I’m approx 7 week and 5 days (according to the early viability scan I had a few weeks ago, which put me back 6 days)

I just wanted to ask, is anyone else putting off cooking? I feel so so so so guilty that I’ve barely step foot into the kitchen since I got my BFP and I am mostly living off takeaways :( I absolutely loved cooking prior to pregnancy, but lack of appetite, low mood and feeling sick is contributing to it. I have barely any motivation to do chores as well! Would love to hear how everyone else is getting on!

Hi girls! I’m approx 7 week and 5 days (according to the early viability scan I had a few weeks ago, which put me back 6 days)

I just wanted to ask, is anyone else putting off cooking? I feel so so so so guilty that I’ve barely step foot into the kitchen since I got my BFP and I am mostly living off takeaways :( I absolutely loved cooking prior to pregnancy, but lack of appetite, low mood and feeling sick is contributing to it. I have barely any motivation to do chores as well! Would love to hear how everyone else is getting on!
I found my first trimester I had 0 motivation for anything. I felt guilty for eating takeaways because I feared I wouldn’t be getting enough nutrients to baby. But I just wanted whatever was easiest and quickest. I found I had more energy second trimester and third, however at the minute im not very well so back to the 0 energy. I’d say just go with whatever feels right for you and don’t worry because however you’re feeling now probably won’t last

Currently on annual leave (my maternity starts in a month) enjoying my last week of doing nothing 🤣🤣

I had a call to say my heath visitor is coming on Thursday, what do they normally do when they come? We’ve not completed the nursery yet and the bathroom is just nearly finished and it is STRESSING me out 😂

Reactions: 4

I rarely cooked in the first trimester, evenings were worse for nausea and being in the kitchen made me feel awful. It's all about survival in those first few month so we had lots of takeaways as I could only really manage chips with gravy.

Yes! With my first pregnancy I ate takeaways a lot! I now have a 2.5 year old who is a very fussy eater so I do need to cook more. I made a roast yesterday as felt a bit better and now have leftovers for lunch that we will both eat today and dinner is sorted.

Currently on annual leave (my maternity starts in a month) enjoying my last week of doing nothing 🤣🤣

I had a call to say my heath visitor is coming on Thursday, what do they normally do when they come? We’ve not completed the nursery yet and the bathroom is just nearly finished and it is STRESSING me out 😂
My first home visit last pregnancy was just a chat and introducing herself. She only saw the living room and spent most of the time telling me I’d put on loads of weight even though I’d never met her before 🤣

• Wow

That’s honestly completely normal I wouldn’t worry about it, it won’t be forever and the first trimester really does kick your arse. Just try and eat what you can when you can! I was the same but I’m in second trimester now and feel so much better so back to focusing on making sure I’m eating decent food with lots of fruit and veggies!

Reactions: 2

Yes! I am the only cook in the house and always do a weekly menu, cook from scratch etc. From about 6 weeks my nausea started, motivation levels declined and food aversions progressively got worse. For weeks I was having a tin of beans, pasta shapes or a frozen pizza at meal times & my fiancé was just having breaded chicken with rice most nights 🤣 all our veg went in the bin!

Appetite started to improve around week 10 and we’ve had about 3 takeaways a week since (it’s been brilliant haha) but my motivation has literally just come back in the last few days (I’m 14 weeks tomorrow) so I’ve been back to cooking.

Please try not to feel guilty, eat what you can, don’t beat yourself up for not cooking or feeling unmotivated because it happens to us all. Just need to try getting through each day at a time 🥰

I am rocking the uni-boob with unflattering nursing bras 😩 it’s also on my to do list but I don’t want to spend a bunch on new bras if they will change size again after birth… I am now up to an E cup 😭

Regarding swimwear I invested in a You Swim one size fits most in my last pregnancy and it fit me from pre pregnancy to 34 weeks (I stopped swimming then), and then post partum when I took my son swimming at 6 months I didn’t have to worry about finding a new swimsuit for my new bod. I think they are quite flattering too I have the one piece, but a bit high maintenance washing and drying
Loving all the swimwear chat! I naively sized up to a 10 in a swimsuit I bought from and other stories thinking it would fit me if I fell pregnant. Now at 14 weeks and showing really early I’m lucky to even get a pair of pants on that don’t make me feel like a strung up bit of meat 🤣 will be saving all your suggestions for my holiday!

Last edited:
Thank you so much, you have all been so amazing! It’s so nice to know you guys are all so supportive. Reading your responses has made me feel massively better because I have been feeling incredibly low the last few days so I really appreciate everyone’s replies which have been so reassuring 😊

• Heart

I was like this but honestly it will pass, don’t worry. I lived off coke fumes and white toast until last week. I’m 16 weeks and have only just started cooking again, however we did have turkey unicorns smiley faces and beans for tea last night 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Oh I didn’t know you were so close in date to me 🥰
I’m sure everything will be fine but if not take it all a day at a time. Our babies are strong and so are us mummies.
I am in England, it wasn’t 3D but he was just in a lovely position where I got to see a lot of his features. I actually had a private 3D scan a few weeks ago and this scan was a lot better. I didn’t expect to see so much of his little face.
Please let us know how your scan goes. I’ll be thinking of you ❤
Scan went well, such a relief. Found out we’re having a boy. That set me off laughing and crying (my partner was convinced it was a girl) so I found it hard to compose myself to get a good scan pic. Didn’t have to pay for it on this occasion which was a bonus.

Finally feel I can start planning (I feel more confident having plans) for the future, making lists, decorating the nursery and most importantly allow myself to feel excited and joyful rather than just concerned and anxious. I have anterior placement so I won’t feel movements strongly for the next month or so, but at least I know that now so I won’t find another thing to worry about.

I do understand the constraints on resources and funding, but I’d love for mothers to be to be allowed more frequent scans if they want them - perhaps one offered at 16 weeks as well as the anomaly scan - 8 weeks feels a very long time at the start of a pregnancy to wait between scans!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Scan went well, such a relief. Found out we’re having a boy. That set me off laughing and crying (my partner was convinced it was a girl) so I found it hard to compose myself to get a good scan pic. Didn’t have to pay for it on this occasion which was a bonus.

Finally feel I can start planning (I feel more confident having plans) for the future, making lists, decorating the nursery and most importantly allow myself to feel excited and joyful rather than just concerned and anxious. I have anterior placement so I won’t feel movements strongly for the next month or so, but at least I know that now so I won’t find another thing to worry about.

I do understand the constraints on resources and funding, but I’d love for mothers to be to be allowed more frequent scans if they want them - perhaps one offered at 16 weeks as well as the anomaly scan - 8 weeks feels a very long time at the start of a pregnancy!
Congratulations x

• Heart
So I’m trying to figure out my mat pay. I looked it up and it said they base it on your 8 weeks before your qualifying week… I’m going back to full time next week but for week 1 of the 8 which is this week I’m still bank staff and don’t earn the threshold £123 I’m worried I’ll loose out over 1 week as my friends partner missed out on his paternity pay by 2 days. Hope this has made sense does anyone know if I’ll loose out on mat pay from my employer based on the 1 week 🤦🏽‍♀️😫

i was the exact same and am only just getting into cooking again at 16.5 weeks. Don’t feel guilty! The first trimester can be really rough so just do what you need to do!

Reactions: 2

I was exact same. I’m 17 weeks now and only just managed to cook meals and eat proper meals again I worried so much at the start that baby wouldn’t be getting enough nutrients but honestly don’t worry just eat what you can manage and the chores can wait x

So I’m trying to figure out my mat pay. I looked it up and it said they base it on your 8 weeks before your qualifying week… I’m going back to full time next week but for week 1 of the 8 which is this week I’m still bank staff and don’t earn the threshold £123 I’m worried I’ll loose out over 1 week as my friends partner missed out on his paternity pay by 2 days. Hope this has made sense does anyone know if I’ll loose out on mat pay from my employer based on the 1 week 🤦🏽‍♀️😫
It goes off when you were paid the money not when you earned it if that helps your calculations. For me it was the two monthly payslips which fell inside the qualifying weeks (Feb and March I think) which I was gutted about as I'd done a few well paid overtime hours within the qualifying period but they weren't paid until the following month so not included.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.