Pregnancy #33 Sponsored by fart whistles!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh! You have no idea how much I needed to read that! Mine is a very much planned pregnancy and for days I couldn’t shake the “what have I done” feeling. To know I wasn’t alone in that makes me feel less guilty. Thankfully it’s gone and now I’m just in hope it sticks mode ❤
Our pregnancy was planned twice (stopped trying when covid first hit as we are both frontline workers) and I’m still scared shitless most days about the day we are actually doing this but at the same time asking my husband when we can have number 2! I don’t think it would be normal if you didn’t feel like that.

In other news, I may just kill my husband. My colleagues have done a little goodbye/baby shower and I’m a blubbering mess…and he knew all about it. I hate surprises! He’s in for hell tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
yep and it’s grinding me down 😖 I’ve been the same both pregnancies now, constant nausea but rarely ever being sick and even though my husband loves to point out ‘at least you’re not being sick’ it’s still just so draining. I’ve been trying all the ginger nuts, eat before you get out of bed etc but none of it seems to do much. The only thing I do notice is it’s worse on the days I’m more tired so I just try to get as much rest as I can! Hope you feel better soon!
I personally find feeling sick but being unable to do so, much worse. With all due respect, give your hubby a slap and tell him if he isn't going to be supportive, to keep his mush shut. MEN!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bless you I think 99% of us probably feel that way. It's such a huge responsibility and life changing moment, it's just natural to feel that way x
Thank you so much for the reassurance, that makes me feel so much better. I'm only 5+2 so we're a little while off sharing the news so not being able to ask people how they felt has been a killer. So glad to have you ladies on this thread to keep me sane! x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you so much for the reassurance, that makes me feel so much better. I'm only 5+2 so we're a little while off sharing the news so not being able to ask people how they felt has been a killer. So glad to have you ladies on this thread to keep me sane! x
Tbh, the feeling carried on for me even when they were newborn.
Only for the first month or so.
But just thought I'd share that as its normal too.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change them for the world.
But when your sleep is disturbed and they won't stop crying. I had many moments of "wtf have I done"

• Heart
I'm about to pop with planned baby no.3 and even now I still think oh no what have I done 😂 it's natural! Tbh I've only just stopped thinking "what have I done" about the second child 😂😂😂
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: that made me laugh, thank you so much!! You've made me feel so much better! xx

• Heart
I personally find feeling sick but being unable to do so, much worse. With all due respect, give your hubby a slap and tell him if he isn't going to be supportive, to keep his mush shut. MEN!
Yep I think I agree! Haha I know, I think he means well but I’m like just shut up and get me an ice lolly 😂

Reactions: 1
Tbh, the feeling carried on for me even when they were newborn.
Only for the first month or so.
But just thought I'd share that as its normal too.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change them for the world.
But when your sleep is disturbed and they won't stop crying. I had many moments of "wtf have I done"
Thanks for sharing that. I was deep diving on social media and when I was feeling quite bad about it, all I was seeing was how hard parenthood is, that it's the toughest thing you'll do, giving up long lies and freedom, constantly tired and I was like oh god!! What have we done but at the same time cringing like please don't anything bad happen here because I'm saying this. It's refreshing to hear real life stories and that although it's tough, it's worth it and you wouldn't change a thing! xx

Reactions: 5
Thanks for sharing that. I was deep diving on social media and when I was feeling quite bad about it, all I was seeing was how hard parenthood is, that it's the toughest thing you'll do, giving up long lies and freedom, constantly tired and I was like oh god!! What have we done but at the same time cringing like please don't anything bad happen here because I'm saying this. It's refreshing to hear real life stories and that although it's tough, it's worth it and you wouldn't change a thing! xx
It's true. But people also forget to mention all the happy times that outweigh it all and make it all worth it.

Just a simple baby smile makes you forget all the wake ups that night.
One little baby laugh makes you forget the crying an hour before.

Reactions: 2
Oh yes it is so hard but worth every second of pregnancy, childbirth and the 18 years after 😅 my son is nearly 2 and some days now I’m pregnant again I’m like woooow I can’t believe I’ve decided to have another one of these, and then other days I’m like awww I can’t wait to have 2 of you 🥰 you just have to try and look for the good in every situation and try and make sure you’ve got good support around you x

Reactions: 4
I'll be honest, my first is 2.5 years old and I still have days I think "what have I done" 😂 but then we also have days like today where we are having so much fun in the garden and she's being a little sweetheart, I just can't believe how lucky I am.

• Heart
Our baby was planned and I spent 90% of everyday thinking what have I done and still do now he's here - yet equally I couldn't love him more and don't regret it at all! There were days where I wished I'd lose the pregnancy to make the symptoms go away too, yet I wouldn't have actually done it if someone offered me the chance. Totally normal :)
Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it! It has been consuming me and although it's eased a bit it just feels so much better to hear I'm not alone. Such a huge thing that I feel is so over romanticised on social media I just felt dreadful for thinking it xx

I'll be honest, my first is 2.5 years old and I still have days I think "what have I done" 😂 but then we also have days like today where we are having so much fun in the garden and she's being a little sweetheart, I just can't believe how lucky I am.
This is so lovely to hear :love: those little moments reminding you it's all worth it x

Oh yes it is so hard but worth every second of pregnancy, childbirth and the 18 years after 😅 my son is nearly 2 and some days now I’m pregnant again I’m like woooow I can’t believe I’ve decided to have another one of these, and then other days I’m like awww I can’t wait to have 2 of you 🥰 you just have to try and look for the good in every situation and try and make sure you’ve got good support around you x
That was what was keeping me sane, the idea that it can't be that bad when people choose to do it again 😂 Thankfully we are surrounded by a great bunch of family & friends....they just don't know we need them yet 😉 Appreciate your advice, you have all completely made my day xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Nearly 13 years and 4 babies later, still doing the same😂 especially with the pre teens lovely and wonderful attitude 😅

@FirsttimeTTC - I’ve never really found parenting really hard. Stressful most days but that’s because my kids can be little shits when they want to be 😂 the sleepless nights are tough, but they won’t be forever!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I literally mutter under my breath at least once a day "have kids they said, it will be fun they said" when mine are being testing. Honestly though, wouldn't change it for the world, even the sleepless nights :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Ahhh! You have no idea how much I needed to read that! Mine is a very much planned pregnancy and for days I couldn’t shake the “what have I done” feeling. To know I wasn’t alone in that makes me feel less guilty. Thankfully it’s gone and now I’m just in hope it sticks mode ❤
I am the EXACT same!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm now 22 weeks pregnant (with a 3 year old strong willed boy) and when we found out at the 12 week scan, we thought the exact thing.... what the F did we try again for 🤣 we are over the shock now, but definitely have days where I'm thinking what have I doooooone!

Sending love ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
So I’m 7 weeks on Sunday, but due to some problems last year the doctor said she was referring me for extra check ups, I’ve got my letter for my 12 week normal appointment but does anyone know when they get in touch if you’re meant to be getting reassurance scans? First pregnancy and I have no idea, I think I’ll feel better once I’ve been seen or spoke to someone 🤦🏼‍♀️

So I’m 7 weeks on Sunday, but due to some problems last year the doctor said she was referring me for extra check ups, I’ve got my letter for my 12 week normal appointment but does anyone know when they get in touch if you’re meant to be getting reassurance scans? First pregnancy and I have no idea, I think I’ll feel better once I’ve been seen or spoke to someone 🤦🏼‍♀️
The doctor and midwife aren't linked. So I'd say you'll probably have to contact the doctors yourself as mine didn't even know I was pregnant as they're not linked

The doctor and midwife aren't linked. So I'd say you'll probably have to contact the doctors yourself as mine didn't even know I was pregnant as they're not linked
I’ve rang the doctor, I didn’t know I did the midwife bit myself 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 I needed the extra hormones so I spoke to the doctor first. I self referred for the midwife but she said she was referring me too x

I'm now 22 weeks pregnant (with a 3 year old strong willed boy) and when we found out at the 12 week scan, we thought the exact thing.... what the F did we try again for 🤣 we are over the shock now, but definitely have days where I'm thinking what have I doooooone!

Sending love ❤
Same here omg I always feel so guilty even thinking it so glad I’m not alone 🤣. My first wasn’t planned I was very young. Our second was planned this baby not so much but omg I’m so excited for her to be here and complete our family. Having 3 children with big age gaps will of course be a challenge but i wouldn’t have it any other way. I’ve just got soooo bloody much to do before may that’s making me constantly think ‘wtf have you done’🤣. I finish work next Tuesday 🥺. Cant quite believe it to think I found out at 11 weeks and now it’s getting closer and closer.

• Heart
I’ve been getting lots of tightenings today in my stomach but only on the right hand side? I’ve had them before on the whole stomach where it all goes really hard but this is just on the right specifically! It feels very different to the normal kicks or movements. Is this normal? I assume braxton hicks would happen all over?

Oh god I’m having a moment - what have I done, I have no idea what I’m doing 😂😆

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.