Pregnancy #33 Sponsored by fart whistles!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You could have a look and see if there are any private companies in your area running antenatal classes, if it's something that might be in your budget.

I did NCT with my Son and as well as learning a lot, I also made some lovely friends who I'm still in regular contact with. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but they used to offer a reduced rate if you were on a lower income.
Thank you and you too @Celeste! My baby brain didn't think about online classes.

I live on a small island and unfortunately there are no NCT classes to attend here. This was also recommended by a friend of mine in England. I would have most definitely paid for those! Going to look online to see if there's any remote classes instead I think. 😊

I've got a scan and consultants appt on Wednesday so going to ask about birth plans and antenatal classes again. I just got dismissed last time. The hospital has a notorious reputation of pushing unmedicated births and there's only one hospital here. 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'm new here, only found this thread today!

Baby is due to be delivered today via caesarean. I got up at 5 to get ready to be at the hospital for 7 only to get a call saying there's been a lot of emergencies and to call back at 8 to see whether they have a bed for me. Called back at 8 and they said still no and to call back at 10:30. Called about 5 mins ago and they have room! My husband has gone to drop off my elder twins at grandparents and we need to be there for 11! Baby will hopefully be here in a few hours!!!

Doubt anyone wants to follow along but I'll keep everyone updated!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Baby is due to be delivered today via caesarean. I got up at 5 to get ready to be at the hospital for 7 only to get a call saying there's been a lot of emergencies and to call back at 8 to see whether they have a bed for me. Called back at 8 and they said still no and to call back at 10:30. Called about 5 mins ago and they have room! My husband has gone to drop off my elder twins at grandparents and we need to be there for 11! Baby will hopefully be here in a few hours!!!

Good luck 🥰

Good luck!! How exciting!! 💖

Little update!

We got to the hospital around 11 and we were sent to the waiting area until the room was ready. We got into the room at about 10 past 11 and I've been told there's 1 woman in there already and another woman in front of me so 2-3 hours wait. Anyway, we were literally not even in the room for 2 minutes and I felt a trickle and then a big gush. My waters have gone and I'm in full blown labour!! Contractions are about 3-4 minutes apart and I've been linked up to the machine that tracks the contractions. The midwife checked me and I'm 3cm dilated already. They've said if things progress fast then I'll be moved to next in line. I'm just breathing through the contractions and they really are no joke!! Fingers crossed I get moved up the line because I'm not very good with pain!! I'm hoping to get some gas and air!

Next time I update hopefully baby will be here! Can't wait to find out if it's a girl or a boy!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hi everyone,

Not long after I posted that message the contractions were suddenly closer together and when the midwife came in to check me again I was at 7cm in the space of about 25 minutes! I was then moved up on the priority list and went in for my caesarean at about 12.

Cecily Evangeline arrived at 12:26PM weighing 8lb 7oz. We are so over the moon with our little girl and I can't wait for her to meet her big brothers.

I still can't feel anything from my stomach down but this should wear off within a hour or two more. If anyone if planning a caesarean and has any questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer when she's asleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hi everyone,

Not long after I posted that message the contractions were suddenly closer together and when the midwife came in to check me again I was at 7cm in the space of about 25 minutes! I was then moved up on the priority list and went in for my caesarean at about 12.

Cecily Evangeline arrived at 12:26PM weighing 8lb 7oz. We are so over the moon with our little girl and I can't wait for her to meet her big brothers.

I still can't feel anything from my stomach down but this should wear off within a hour or two more. If anyone if planning a caesarean and has any questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer when she's asleep.
Congratulations! Sounds like a very full on morning 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi everyone,

What a beautiful name! Congratulations to the whole family ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi all I’m in the market for some nursing bras and wondering when everyone bought theirs or plan to? I’m currently 32 weeks so buying stuff for my hospital bag but I’m completely stuck as to what size to go for as I’ve gone up 2-3 bra sizes already and assume they will get even bigger once the milk comes in fully? Any advise would be great 🥰

Hi everyone,

Wow congratulations! What a gorgeous name ❤ I’ll need allllll the advice when you’re up to it haha x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.