Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kaylarina

As it turns out, those were contractions!

Baby girl is here, happy and healthy. Everything happened pretty fast on Saturday. By the time my husband got home on Saturday evening, contractions were every 5 minutes and definitely getting stronger. We got to the hospital by about 8.30pm and she was born at 9.19pm. She is 5lbs 6oz and just under 18in long - small but perfect. We are so in love and completely smitten with her.

She is unbelievably calm and definitely inherited my husbands personality in that respect.

We’re not completely settled on a name yet but completely enjoying our newborn bubble. She doesn’t have a name yet, although my Trek head husband is pitching the name Elanna (B’lenna from Star Trek Voyager 🤣 ) But we’re taking some time to get to know her first.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Yaaaaaaaaasssssss

Just to let you all know baby girl arrived last night, water birth, she came out so quickly and was 10lbs! 😩😳😱🙈🙊 bloody painful but so worth it 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Married2019

Just as a wee update- I had my appointment this morning at the EPU and they could barely find the faintest of heartbeats and told me to expect the worst. Unfortunately my bleeding has significantly got worse today and I am now miscarrying. I also received news this morning that my grandad died and I am devastated as he raised me. For these reasons I am going to have to step away from this thread as my heart is just breaking into pieces. Id just like to thank you ladies for all your support and wish you all the best with your pregnancies and future bundles of joy ❤ hopefully fingers crossed I'm able to come back here in the not too distant future with some good news that I'm expecting again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I’ve had my baby girl ☺ My section was mostly a positive experience and I was out of hospital after 1 night. If you are wanting an elective section I would definitely go for it 😃

Cant believe she’s actually here, I’m so in love. Will still be reading along here as everybody is so lovely and I’m wishing you all the best in your pregnancies 😊 I found pregnancy so tough but it’s all worth it when you get to meet your baby X

• Heart
Reactions: 36

miamae

Baby boy Arnold (Arnie) came into the world yesterday after a speedy 3 hour labour! Seemed the sweep did work! He is perfect and so in love, can't believe he arrived on his due date :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 31

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
So, as promised, an update on my early scan this morning at 7 weeks, due to a previous molar pregnancy.

Twins. She thinks it's twins.

She started off with a regular scan but had to switch to internal because my uterus is tilted and I'd drunk too much so my bladder was squashing everything. She was just telling us how healthy the heartbeat looked, then she stopped and said "hmmmm...I think there might be 2 in there."

I have to go back in 2 weeks to make sure, because she said sometimes there can be a sort of reflection on the scan due to the waves it produces? But the more she looked the more convinced she was that there are 2 in there.

I think my head may explode 🤯😂

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Sunshinegal

Hi everyone
I had my baby Thursday at 38 weeks. I had a baby girl! She was 6lb 10oz
She is amazing I feel so lucky.
Any tips on recovery from c section? Now home and finding the pain bad, although the spd is definstely still there so maybe a bit of both.
Also baby girl also only likes sleeping on us... As in she doesn't sleep at all anywhere else. Takes about 5 minutes at most for her to realise she's in a crib or something and kick off. No sleep for 3 nights as in she didn't sleep at all, bar on me and that's dodgy. Any tips?

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Neo2021

VIP Member
Just gonna dip my toe in this thread. I’ve missed you all ❤
5w4d. A December baby!
After the horrific time we had last year, I’m feeling really positive. Which is bizarre but nice!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

PrincessShark

Chatty Member
Thank you @miamae ! Was induced with the balloon on Sunday night, it fell out after 2 hours 😂 nothing happened, went back Monday night they said labour ward will ring me if a bed becomes available to have waters broken, if not come back Tuesday morning for another s&s and monitoring. labour ward rang Monday night!

Baby girl arrived on Tuesday early hours 💜 had my waters broken for me and took a good hour for contractions to start. They started at 1am, got quite bad around 2am and she was in my arms at 2.30am! We had no tears or stitches, lovely gas and air all the way through and a midwife who didn’t examine me until I asked! She left me to it, didn’t tell me what to do, and I just said I’m going to start pushing now she didn’t question it, just gloved up and out baby came! It was a really empowering birth.
Good luck to those of you who are due soon! 👶🏼

I completely overdid it yesterday, didn’t feel like I’d had a baby so took her out for a walk in the pram, went for a coffee and enjoyed the sunshine…today woke up feeling horrendous, after pains have intensified and I’m bleeding very heavily. So we’ve spent the day in bed today 😂 she’s wonderful. A few issues breastfeeding as her mouth is sooo tiny and my nipples aren’t 😂

• Heart

Author123

Chatty Member
Hi all! You may remember I posted at the weekend about my waters possibly leaking… long story short I welcomed a baby boy bright and early this morning!

Turns out that after having contractions and a show on Saturday, what I thought might be leaky waters was simply watery discharge (which was a v.different consistency too that which I’d had throughout the rest of my pregnancy) as confirmed by the hospital on Sunday morning who also said I was 0cm dilated.

Went home and the contractions continued, getting stronger, albeit were super irregular, and no sign of waters. Didn’t sleep much on Sunday night, and Monday continued with increasingly strong contractions- with hindsight should not have taken the hospital so literally with the how often contractions should occur in a 10min period-by the time I went in yesterday evening I was at 7cm! So trust your instincts ladies! And in the end my waters had to be manually broken once I was fully dilated as they simply didn’t go on their own😂

main thing is baby is here safe and healthy and enjoying new born snuggles 🥰

• Heart

icf90

I'm new here, only found this thread today!

Baby is due to be delivered today via caesarean. I got up at 5 to get ready to be at the hospital for 7 only to get a call saying there's been a lot of emergencies and to call back at 8 to see whether they have a bed for me. Called back at 8 and they said still no and to call back at 10:30. Called about 5 mins ago and they have room! My husband has gone to drop off my elder twins at grandparents and we need to be there for 11! Baby will hopefully be here in a few hours!!!

Doubt anyone wants to follow along but I'll keep everyone updated!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Usernamecba

Just had my 20 week scan and found out I'm having a girl!! 💗💗 And she's all fine and healthy!
But they did tell me they've found a cyst on my right ovary...Apparently it can be quite common in pregnancy? Has anyone else had this??

• Heart

Chrisxo

VIP Member
Hi ladies, had my scan this morning everything seems fine got some good pics too so excited hope everyone else’s scans that are coming up go well 🤍

• Heart

Belle Amie

VIP Member
I know it's mad isn't it, I knew this would happen again but have had midwives saying all along "oh I bet this one will come on time" 🙄🙄 I'm sure they mean well but I actually find it really rude because it's like they're saying I don't know my own body and that I'm wrong 😔 what's the policy for your trust in terms of induction dates? It it's +12 they should book you in for Monday 😆!! I've had 2 sweeps and my midwife offered me another today but I just thought no way can I face it what's the bloody point haha x
It is annoying when they say stuff to try get your hopes up you’d rather they didn’t wouldn’t you!
Hopefully your baby is here so soon!

Well it turns out those pelvic pains were contractions! I thought it was just my body getting ready and went Aldi for the food shop bad idea 😂
Birth story is hidden I don’t want to trigger or worry anyone who doesn’t want to read it.

I ended up having a contraction every 2/3 minutes before going in at 8cm dilated, baby moved and I went back down to 6cm ended up with an epidural & took me 5 hours to dilate to 10cm before being taken to theatre for forceps delivery I’ve got a third degree tear and still can’t feel my legs but baby boy is perfect, born at 3:34 this morning weighing 7lb 15oz. I’m shattered but so obsessed with him already.

So my entire birth plan went out of the window in the end 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24

FoksiOska

VIP Member
I'm 5w6d 😊 nervously dipping my toe into this thread too after a mc last year at 9 weeks. But I'm also feeling positive too ❤ hopefully we'll be able to graduate this thread with a baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Update from today, had my growth scan. Everything measuring as it should and baby is all fine and happy in there. She was waving, pouting at us, showing off her feet - definitely going to have my hands full there! They estimated 5lbs 14 at just over 36 weeks, does this seem normal or big? 😅😅😅 I know the weight is usually not accurate though.

Can’t believe it’s less than 4 weeks to go until I’m due! Feels like last week I posted on here at about 4 week pregnant lol.

• Heart

icf90

Hi everyone,

Not long after I posted that message the contractions were suddenly closer together and when the midwife came in to check me again I was at 7cm in the space of about 25 minutes! I was then moved up on the priority list and went in for my caesarean at about 12.

Cecily Evangeline arrived at 12:26PM weighing 8lb 7oz. We are so over the moon with our little girl and I can't wait for her to meet her big brothers.

I still can't feel anything from my stomach down but this should wear off within a hour or two more. If anyone if planning a caesarean and has any questions feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer when she's asleep.

• Heart

icf90

Little update!

We got to the hospital around 11 and we were sent to the waiting area until the room was ready. We got into the room at about 10 past 11 and I've been told there's 1 woman in there already and another woman in front of me so 2-3 hours wait. Anyway, we were literally not even in the room for 2 minutes and I felt a trickle and then a big gush. My waters have gone and I'm in full blown labour!! Contractions are about 3-4 minutes apart and I've been linked up to the machine that tracks the contractions. The midwife checked me and I'm 3cm dilated already. They've said if things progress fast then I'll be moved to next in line. I'm just breathing through the contractions and they really are no joke!! Fingers crossed I get moved up the line because I'm not very good with pain!! I'm hoping to get some gas and air!

Next time I update hopefully baby will be here! Can't wait to find out if it's a girl or a boy!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

PrincessShark

Chatty Member
Well our baby is coming out today/tomorrow 😬😱
I’ve had a really easy pregnancy but was admitted to the ward a few days ago due to ketones and protein in the urine sample.
I’ve been on fluids for days and no improvement, they are concerned about baby’s growth and don’t like the ctg traces…Dr came in said the safest thing is bringing little one out as soon as.

I’m nervous and completely in shock that this baby will be in my arms so soon! I’m 38 weeks and generally make small babies so I’m expecting to be kept in for a couple of nights after I’ve delivered but my gosh 🤯🤯🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 22