Pregnancy #33 Sponsored by fart whistles!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Brownish discharge in the first trimester, I’m not too worried but should I be? ☹ I don’t have any pains and it’s only been a little bit a few times I’ve wiped? Part of me is telling me it’s completely normal but another part is telling me it’s signs of a miscarriage coming.
It can be normal, yes. Brown blood is old blood.
I have had it with every pregnancy. Brown and pink.
Had scans with 2 and was confirmed it was left over blood from implantation along with the foetus burying deeper into the lining.
These were between 4 and 8 weeks with all 4 pregnancies.

Reactions: 1
Hi guys so I don’t really feel like I have anywhere else to turn being so early on. Some of you know my backstory about my relationship not being the best… I’m 24 in my first year of uni I’m in a relationship with a much older guy.. we separated and got back together in November I’m currently 8 weeks pregnant. I have my own place it’s a small 2 bed council flat not in the best of areas my flat always stinks of grass because of next door. Anyway things are just getting worse with me and my bf and tonight he told me the best thing I could do is terminate the pregnancy…. Of course he comes back saying sorry etc but I’m so unhappy I just feel like I’ve failed all my friends are getting married or in good relationships and that’s what I wanted… I’m really emotional tonight and terrified of potentially doing this alone 😞 I’m just feeling so overwhelmed
I feel for you I really do but you cannot bring a baby into this, this is not a healthy relationship. The thought of doing it alone is terrifying yes but what is the alternative? It will be hard but do you believe your partner is going to be a supportive, hands on parent once the baby is here anyway? Sorry, like others have said, this may come across harsh but I think it’s what you need to hear. You’ll be fine on your own you really will.

It can be normal, yes. Brown blood is old blood.
I have had it with every pregnancy. Brown and pink.
Had scans with 2 and was confirmed it was left over blood from implantation along with the foetus burying deeper into the lining.
These were between 4 and 8 weeks with all 4 pregnancies.
thanks for the reply! I’m 8 weeks 5 days so thought it was a bit late for implantation. If I have any more think I’ll ring EPAU

Reactions: 4
I feel for you I really do but you cannot bring a baby into this, this is not a healthy relationship. The thought of doing it alone is terrifying yes but what is the alternative? It will be hard but do you believe your partner is going to be a supportive, hands on parent once the baby is here anyway? Sorry, like others have said, this may come across harsh but I think it’s what you need to hear. You’ll be fine on your own you really will.

thanks for the reply! I’m 8 weeks 5 days so thought it was a bit late for implantation. If I have any more think I’ll ring EPAU
As its old blood, it could've been there for weeks 😊

Reactions: 2
41+1 today and was up a lot in the night with a stomach ache and feeling like I needed to 💩 and feeling sick, still feeling like that this morning, I'm really hoping this is the start of something and not just a random upset tummy! 🤞🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Have my dating scan next week and whilst I feel so fortunate to have reached this point (particularly after a massive scare), I’m starting to panic about the NT test. If you’re an older mother it just feels everything is stacked against you and your age is already a negative factor in how this is scored.

It’s terrifying that the tests that give you a definite result also come with a risk of miscarriage which feels quite high.

I’m really hoping that I have nothing to worry about and we get positive news and I can finally tell a few close friends.

I really envy so many posters in this group who have had such a lighthearted and easy route into pregnancy and during it. Perhaps it just gets less anxious once you pass this hurdle?
Sorry you're feeling this way lovely, it must be scary. But every single person during pregnancy has some form of worry and the worry once they are here never stops either! It is just part of the package of being a mum. I hope all goes well for you x

41+1 today and was up a lot in the night with a stomach ache and feeling like I needed to 💩 and feeling sick, still feeling like that this morning, I'm really hoping this is the start of something and not just a random upset tummy! 🤞🤞
Eeeek sounds like you're close, I've had this every time. Fingers crossed!! x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Last day of work today :oops:o_O I’m literally not going to know why to do with myself. My life has practically been lived in a hospital since I graduated Uni. Feels like this has come around so frocking fast…no not doubt these last few weeks are going to drag.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Brownish discharge in the first trimester, I’m not too worried but should I be? ☹ I don’t have any pains and it’s only been a little bit a few times I’ve wiped? Part of me is telling me it’s completely normal but another part is telling me it’s signs of a miscarriage coming.
I think what the EPU tend to say is brown blood is less concerning. Blood doesn't always mean miscarriage so there is always hope all is well 🤞🏼

I do also think in these situations it's important to hear experiences both sides though, as it helps manage expectations.
I experienced brown spotting on and off from 7 weeks until 9. It then got heavier and did turn red and to a miscarriage at 10 weeks.

I would call your EPU and ask to go in to be checked over. Call every day if you have to in order to get somewhere.

I hope all goes well for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think what the EPU tend to say is brown blood is less concerning. Blood doesn't always mean miscarriage so there is always hope all is well 🤞🏼

I do also think in these situations it's important to hear experiences both sides though, as it helps manage expectations.
I experienced brown spotting on and off from 7 weeks until 9. It then got heavier and did turn red and to a miscarriage at 10 weeks.

I would call your EPU and ask to go in to be checked over. Call every day if you have to in order to get somewhere.

I hope all goes well for you ❤
thank you for your reply, sorry you had to go through that 💔 think I will call or try speak to my midwife today x

• Heart
My partners just tested positive for covid 😫 he’s gone 2 years without catching it, he really chooses his moments!
If I was to go into labour now what tends to happen do I need to make the hospital aware beforehand or just when I call triage? I’m panicking now that I’m going to have to birth alone 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Can't believe I can tick 24-30 on this thread, only one week until I'm in the third trimester and it is absolutely flying by! I remember writing my post on here when I first found out and was only just around 4 weeks pregnant. Crazy!

On another note... this acid reflux is absolutely killing me 😭 I have it daily now and have been waking up in the night with it feeling like im going to be sick. Has anyone found anything that helps? I have Gaviscon which provides a bit of relief but not for long enough 😪

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can't believe I can tick 24-30 on this thread, only one week until I'm in the third trimester and it is absolutely flying by! I remember writing my post on here when I first found out and was only just around 4 weeks pregnant. Crazy!

On another note... this acid reflux is absolutely killing me 😭 I have it daily now and have been waking up in the night with it feeling like im going to be sick. Has anyone found anything that helps? I have Gaviscon which provides a bit of relief but not for long enough 😪
Give the gp a call 😊 they an prescribe you some stuff ☺

Reactions: 1
I can finally tick ‘baby is here’
I can’t believe my pregnancy is over, is it weird that I miss it? And I would do it all over again? The last few weeks were so uncomfortable and stressful but I wouldn’t change it for the world, for someone who doesn’t cry I’m an emotional wreck at the moment 😂🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m only on day 3 of morning sickness and struggling. With my sons pregnancy I went straight to vomiting but this is just unrelenting nausea with no relief which feels almost worse. Anyone else in the morning sickness hole so I feel less alone in my suffering? 😂

I distinctly remember thinking with my sons pregnancy that there was no way I’d do this again but a few years down the line and I’d conveniently forgotten how rough it is. Well now I remember 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m only on day 3 of morning sickness and struggling. With my sons pregnancy I went straight to vomiting but this is just unrelenting nausea with no relief which feels almost worse. Anyone else in the morning sickness hole so I feel less alone in my suffering? 😂

I distinctly remember thinking with my sons pregnancy that there was no way I’d do this again but a few years down the line and I’d conveniently forgotten how rough it is. Well now I remember 🤢
Hi I’m the same I’m on tablets now which help a bit but I’m still nauseous pretty much am to pm I only take the tablets when I’m really bad! Hoping it eases for us both x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Me neither!! I still remember seeing the positive line and thinking ahhh what have I done and panicking!! Even though he was very much planned and wanted. Now I can't wait to have him here 💙
Ahhh! You have no idea how much I needed to read that! Mine is a very much planned pregnancy and for days I couldn’t shake the “what have I done” feeling. To know I wasn’t alone in that makes me feel less guilty. Thankfully it’s gone and now I’m just in hope it sticks mode ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ahhh! You have no idea how much I needed to read that! Mine is a very much planned pregnancy and for days I couldn’t shake the “what have I done” feeling. To know I wasn’t alone in that makes me feel less guilty. Thankfully it’s gone and now I’m just in hope it sticks mode ❤
Bless you I think 99% of us probably feel that way. It's such a huge responsibility and life changing moment, it's just natural to feel that way x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Our baby was planned and I spent 90% of everyday thinking what have I done and still do now he's here - yet equally I couldn't love him more and don't regret it at all! There were days where I wished I'd lose the pregnancy to make the symptoms go away too, yet I wouldn't have actually done it if someone offered me the chance. Totally normal :)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm about to pop with planned baby no.3 and even now I still think oh no what have I done 😂 it's natural! Tbh I've only just stopped thinking "what have I done" about the second child 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

yep and it’s grinding me down 😖 I’ve been the same both pregnancies now, constant nausea but rarely ever being sick and even though my husband loves to point out ‘at least you’re not being sick’ it’s still just so draining. I’ve been trying all the ginger nuts, eat before you get out of bed etc but none of it seems to do much. The only thing I do notice is it’s worse on the days I’m more tired so I just try to get as much rest as I can! Hope you feel better soon!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.