Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi can anyone help?? I’m really worried my partner and I had burgers for tea tonight and I had Heinz burger sauce on mine I’ve just read label and it says it contains egg yolk… I know you’re not meant to eat soft boiled or like raw eggs I’m scared I shouldn’t have ate it?😩

Attachments

Hi can anyone help?? I’m really worried my partner and I had burgers for tea tonight and I had Heinz burger sauce on mine I’ve just read label and it says it contains egg yolk… I know you’re not meant to eat soft boiled or like raw eggs I’m scared I shouldn’t have ate it?😩
Eggs are fine in pregnancy, as long as they have the lion stamp.

This is the exact reason why we are having our third, because we just don't feel 'done'. Although I've been thinking about the fact I'll probably never be pregnant again after this pregnancy (always said 3 is our limit) and it makes me so sad, so I do wonder if we'll ever feel completely done!! xX
This is the reason my husband got the snip 😂 I can talk him into anything, and he knew I would always say 1 more 😂😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I’m assuming that all would’ve been cooked to make the sauce so it’s fine. And by the way, you can eat soft boiled eggs when they’re Red Lion.

Reactions: 2
Ladies who have had pethidine/an epidural can I have your honest experiences on them? My last two labours I had gas and air, but I really struggled in my last birth and stupidly went 17 hours with only gas and air and traumatised myself a little, so I'm more open now to the idea of other pain relief options. I won't lie, I am petrified of an epidural for some reason so was just looking for people's experiences with them! X

They would be pasteurised I imagine, So no need to worry. And as others have said as long as eggs are lion stamped they are fine to eat soft boiled/runny.

Reactions: 3
Eggs are fine in pregnancy, as long as they have the lion stamp.

This is the reason my husband got the snip 😂 I can talk him into anything, and he knew I would always say 1 more 😂😂
My partner keeps saying he's having the snip and I keep trying to talk him round :ROFLMAO:

Ladies who have had pethidine/an epidural can I have your honest experiences on them? My last two labours I had gas and air, but I really struggled in my last birth and stupidly went 17 hours with only gas and air and traumatised myself a little, so I'm more open now to the idea of other pain relief options. I won't lie, I am petrified of an epidural for some reason so was just looking for people's experiences with them! X
Had pethidine in all 4 labours - loved it! Sent me to sleep 😂
Had epidural in 2 labours (1st and 3rd) and it was well received! I would have both again in a heart beat!

• Heart
Pethidine did absolutely nothing pain wise for me but just made me feel absolutely zonked out between contractions but I absolutely hated it. I’d be ready to fall asleep then a contraction would just come and slap me right in the face, worst experience ever. I would honestly just go straight in with the epidural if you can, I’d have signed my house over for mine and will definitely be getting one again!! X

• Heart
My partner keeps saying he's having the snip and I keep trying to talk him round :ROFLMAO:
He was supposed to get it in 2020 after the toddler, but he wimped out/blamed covid. Thank god he did as I wouldn’t have baby bean now 💙

Pethidine did absolutely nothing pain wise for me but just made me feel absolutely zonked out between contractions but I absolutely hated it. I’d be ready to fall asleep then a contraction would just come and slap me right in the face, worst experience ever. I would honestly just go straight in with the epidural if you can, I’d have signed my house over for mine and will definitely be getting one again!! X
Id wish I had gone straight for the epidural with baby 3. Midwife went to get the pethidine, and in the time she had gone, I was crying for an epidural, so she gave that to me and then I got the epidural. Was a bit pointless

• Heart
Oh bless you, I think I probably will! I feel like it will be the only thing able to keep me calm x

He was supposed to get it in 2020 after the toddler, but he wimped out/blamed covid. Thank god he did as I wouldn’t have baby bean now 💙

Id wish I had gone straight for the epidural with baby 3. Midwife went to get the pethidine, and in the time she had gone, I was crying for an epidural, so she gave that to me and then I got the epidural. Was a bit pointless
My BIL did this, came home and told his wife that the doctor never turned up so he couldn't have the surgery :ROFLMAO:

I've had 2 epidurals.
Honestly didn't feel a thing with it going in ect.
Hardest part is having to sit up straight and keep as still as possible during contractions!
Both mine failed however.

What part is it you're petrified of?

As others have said, it's perfectly fine. As are runny eggs ect if they're lion stamped.

As far as I'm aware, they're not allowed to sell product containing raw egg ect. It has to be pasteurised 😊

I've had 2 epidurals.
Honestly didn't feel a thing with it going in ect.
Hardest part is having to sit up straight and keep as still as possible during contractions!
Both mine failed however.

What part is it you're petrified of?
I've got awful health anxiety and basically always imagine worst case scenario, so I'm terrified of it going in wrong and being paralysed :ROFLMAO: Ridiculous I know! I also worry that not being able to feel anything would prevent me from being able to get baby out

• Heart
Remifentanyl is the best knees! Ask for that!

I've got awful health anxiety and basically always imagine worst case scenario, so I'm terrified of it going in wrong and being paralysed :ROFLMAO: Ridiculous I know! I also worry that not being able to feel anything would prevent me from being able to get baby out
As far as I'm aware, you can still feel pressure. And if not, they will tell you when you're having a contraction and to push 😊

• Heart
Didn’t have pethidine as was too far along for it but did have epidural as baby was back to back and causing me to push too early so I got the epidural to calm everything down. After the back to back labour it was honestly bliss. I got to sit back and chill and not feel much and then bring my baby into the world fairly calmly. Getting the epidural is fine, I got another contraction right as they were about to do it and they just waited for it to pass and then went for it, half an hour later I was sat back chilling. Would definitely get one again but will just see how the labour goes and see what I want at the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As far as I'm aware, you can still feel pressure. And if not, they will tell you when you're having a contraction and to push 😊
Amazing thanks so much for your reply, I didn't know this. Definitely something I am going to have to do some thinking about:giggle:

towards the end when they know you’re about to push soon, they stop topping it up so you start to be able to feel a bit more. I was scared I’d need intervention because of it but I pushed baby out in half hour by myself.

• Heart
This also terrifies me! I’m terrified I’ll end up paralyzed

At what point do you stop going into the nursery and just admiring things, opening drawers and staring at them? Asking for a friend 😍😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
At what point do you stop going into the nursery and just admiring things, opening drawers and staring at them? Asking for a friend 😍😍
Honestly, you stop when the baby’s born cause you just end up staring at them. And when they’re asleep, you just stare at photos of them on your phone.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.