Pregnancy #32 Sponsored by the sweeps and first trimester sleeps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know of hospitals prefer you to take in cotton wool for your baby? I read somewhere that they only recommend wipes and even water wipes for out and about!? Will I be frowned upon for taking a pack of wipes in my hospital bag? X
Water wipes or cotton wool balls were suggested to us by NICU. There were no issues with wipes

Honestly really tit but Tommy is doing really good so ill take that as a solid win ☺ My BP is still much too high and the edema and protein won’t shift. It’s really taking a toll on me having to go for checks everyday and the stress of what they will show, feel like it won’t ever get better and I’m just in this eternal purgatory. That with visiting a preemie, trying to balance general life and expressing/being nagged about expressing is just too much in honesty. Really struggling to cope but what can you do, just have to be grateful it wasn’t worse 😖

Thank you for asking ❤
I've been thinking of you & Tommy! Pleased to hear he's doing well! Little trooper ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone done the Baby Academy Ultimate Online Antenatal Class? I attended the 2 hour free class at the weekend and found it really good, I've now received a discount code for the full day course and I'm tempted to book onto it but was wondering if anyone has attended and recommends?

Yeeyyy new thread! Lots of babies coming soon!

Ready to pop over here! 40+1. Had a sweep on Mon which seems to have pushed things along a little but not enough. Got another one tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
32 weeks today. Feeling a bit better after my meltdown at the weekend but I've got a stinking cold! 3 and a half weeks left at work... I'm practically counting down the minutes!
Good luck to all the ladies ready to pop! x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know of hospitals prefer you to take in cotton wool for your baby? I read somewhere that they only recommend wipes and even water wipes for out and about!? Will I be frowned upon for taking a pack of wipes in my hospital bag? X
I took cotton wool for my first and ended up just using water wipes. Now I just use water wipes for in hospital

Our hospital prefer cotton wool but I don't think they'd be too offended with wipes.

If you are using cotton wool though, use cotton wool pads, so much earlier than balls and you don't get loads of fluff stuck to their bum!

Reactions: 3
I have had cramp style feelings alllllll morning and more mucus plug coming out every time I go to the loo… 👶🏻👶🏻👶🏻👶🏻🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼

• Heart
Reactions: 12
still here even though baby Trombolese has arrived! First time choosing that option in the poll 🤩 Hope you’re all doing well and there are some babies making their way into the world soon.

i just took in water wipes and no one said anything! But to be honest they were so short staffed I think it was only me and my partner who changed him
🤦‍♀️

Honestly really tit but Tommy is doing really good so ill take that as a solid win ☺ My BP is still much too high and the edema and protein won’t shift. It’s really taking a toll on me having to go for checks everyday and the stress of what they will show, feel like it won’t ever get better and I’m just in this eternal purgatory. That with visiting a preemie, trying to balance general life and expressing/being nagged about expressing is just too much in honesty. Really struggling to cope but what can you do, just have to be grateful it wasn’t worse 😖

Thank you for asking ❤
been thinking about you, glad to hear Tommy is doing well ❤ hope you’re being looked after too, you’ve been through so much

• Heart
Hi everyone

Just wondering how/when you receive your MAT B1 form? I had my 20 scan last week, I am due a midwife appointment on the 24th of this month
Will they give it to me then or in the post? :)
I got mine at my 16 week appointment, but i asked for it and she filled it out for me... 1st pregnancy i think it was 25 week ish?

I got mine at my 16 week appointment, but i asked for it and she filled it out for me... 1st pregnancy i think it was 25 week ish?
Thanks, this is my first and I'll be 24 weeks at my next midwife appointment! :)

Also, can anyone explain how you know when the baby kicks?! Hahaa, I aren't sure if I have felt it yet, I've felt little flutters and the odd sharp/cramp sort of pain but is it one of those things 'whne you know, you know?'

I tried to google but it was unhelpful haha!

Just did my first attempt at colostrum harvesting and got about 4ml on my first go! Very exciting!
At this rate I'll have a good stash when baby arrives.

Reactions: 3
Thanks, this is my first and I'll be 24 weeks at my next midwife appointment! :)

Also, can anyone explain how you know when the baby kicks?! Hahaa, I aren't sure if I have felt it yet, I've felt little flutters and the odd sharp/cramp sort of pain but is it one of those things 'whne you know, you know?'

Im 23 weeks and when I first felt my baby move it felt like little twitches in mainly one spot. Now she's all over the place punching and kicking and can definitely tell what they are, my stomach moves now too! She's such a wriggler. I wouldnt say they feel sharp or crampy. Sometimes a bit uncomfortable if she does an extra big kick or punches downwards 😆. Is your placenta at the front?

• Heart
Just did my first attempt at colostrum harvesting and got about 4ml on my first go! Very exciting!
At this rate I'll have a good stash when baby arrives.
😭

I've tried every second day for about 3 weeks and... nothing. I've watched quite a few YouTube videos, read up on it etc. I'm so disappointed.

Everything I read was that it feels like butterflies or bubbles. Mine didn't (which confused me at first!). It felt like a really slow heartbeat against my belly.

• Heart
😭

I've tried every second day for about 3 weeks and... nothing. I've watched quite a few YouTube videos, read up on it etc. I'm so disappointed.
Please don't feel disheartened, I breastfed my first and we only stopped that about 5 months ago so I think my boobs were sort of prepped and ready to go!
Also I didn't even attempt to harvest with my first pregnancy but I didn't leak at all into my bra and went on to successfully exclusively breastfeed for over 2 years so don't feel like this means you won't be able to feed however you want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I have had a few flutters... but nothing to get excited about yet... but I've got 2 in there so no idea what is baby 1 baby 2 or just gas 😆

• Haha
Looking at the poll, I see there are quiet a few of us still here who have already given birth 😆 I’m always checking to see who’s next to have theirs.

Even though I whinged through my entire pregnancy, I’m rather sad I won’t be pregnant again. I felt so sure I would feel “finished” having 2 children. When do you know you’re done having babies? Maybe it’s my hormones 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
😭

Everything I read was that it feels like butterflies or bubbles. Mine didn't (which confused me at first!). It felt like a really slow heartbeat against my belly.
This is how mine feel as well! I’m 18 weeks but my placenta is at the back which makes me think that’s how I’m feeling them early. They’re like a slow, irregular heartbeat, in my lower right belly. Such cute little “thuds” lol

Looking at the poll, I see there are quiet a few of us still here who have already given birth 😆 I’m always checking to see who’s next to have theirs.

Even though I whinged through my entire pregnancy, I’m rather sad I won’t be pregnant again. I felt so sure I would feel “finished” having 2 children. When do you know you’re done having babies? Maybe it’s my hormones 😅
Id have babies forever, although I hate being pregnant, but love the babies 😭 I’d have more (I have 4, 5 between me and Mr Bean) and we made the decision for him to get a vasectomy, which he got last week. I’m still not over that I won’t have anymore 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 4

This is the exact reason why we are having our third, because we just don't feel 'done'. Although I've been thinking about the fact I'll probably never be pregnant again after this pregnancy (always said 3 is our limit) and it makes me so sad, so I do wonder if we'll ever feel completely done!! xX

• Heart
Evening ladies, I was looking for the old thread earlier 😅
I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who offered their advice about me taking the new job whilst being in my first trimester on the old thread. I did indeed take all your advice on and yesterday I accepted the role. Went into the office today to have an informal chat and I really feel as though I’m going to do great in it. I’m not planning on letting them know for sometime yet but I’ve read up on my rights etc.
I think a lot of my issues were imposter syndrome rather than worrying about being pregnant 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.