Pregnancy #31 Sponsored by Februarys baby boom 💥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 35 weeks tomorrow 🤯 it’s crazy! Had a growth scan yesterday and he’s estimated current weight is around 5lb 11. That’s why it’s so painful when he’s moving about in there 😫 I’ve also started to feel really hot in the past few weeks. Hot face, back …I’m guessing this is another wonderful pregnancy symptom!
I’ve just started to get really hot and sweaty at night when I’m in bed, sometimes to the point where my pj’s are wet 🙈🙈 my baby is also massive, above 90th centile. GTT test came back normal though thank fully 🙌🏼

Reactions: 4
I don’t really know what I’m asking for here so apologies 🤣 but has anyone had a really bad cold or virus whilst pregnant? I’m on day 3 of being in bed now, it feels worse than a cold but not sure that it’s the flu. I’ve been testing for Covid and all tests are coming back as negative, but I feel like I’m getting worse every day rather than starting to feel better, today I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus! I’m more worried about the baby than me, I can feel movements as normal though so hoping he’s doing ok in there! I don’t know at what point if any I should contact a doctor or midwife, or just ride it out. I was awake all night and stupidly looked on Google and saw some horror stories so now I’m worrying. I’m 37 weeks tomorrow so in the super pregnant phase.
I was really sick last week - to the point I had to call in sick for work and I never do that. There were 2 days when I could literally not even keep my eyes open and slept for the pretty much entire 2 days. My toes were even cramping up to the point I was nearly in tears at the pain. I was doing Covid tests twice a day, all negative, even did a PCR, again negative. I think in total I was sick for about 10 days, but with 3/4 days of really terrible days over all. I would say if you're not feeling better in 24/48 hours a call to your doctor wouldn't hurt, even if its just for peace of mind.

Reactions: 1
I was really sick last week - to the point I had to call in sick for work and I never do that. There were 2 days when I could literally not even keep my eyes open and slept for the pretty much entire 2 days. My toes were even cramping up to the point I was nearly in tears at the pain. I was doing Covid tests twice a day, all negative, even did a PCR, again negative. I think in total I was sick for about 10 days, but with 3/4 days of really terrible days over all. I would say if you're not feeling better in 24/48 hours a call to your doctor wouldn't hurt, even if its just for peace of mind.
sorry to hear you were ill, hopefully you’re feeling better now! I don’t get ill often, but usually when I do I can just power through, but this has really taken it out of me 💀 I’m testing negative for Covid too, it must be a bad bug going around! I’m on day 3 of being really bad to the point I can’t even really get out of bed, I think this whole week is going to be a write off 🤦‍♀️ hopefully it’s only 1 more day of being really bad, if it carries on into Friday though I’ll give them a ring, thank you!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
sorry to hear you were ill, hopefully you’re feeling better now! I don’t get ill often, but usually when I do I can just power through, but this has really taken it out of me 💀 I’m testing negative for Covid too, it must be a bad bug going around! I’m on day 3 of being really bad to the point I can’t even really get out of bed, I think this whole week is going to be a write off 🤦‍♀️ hopefully it’s only 1 more day of being really bad, if it carries on into Friday though I’ll give them a ring, thank you!
I’m usually the same. It takes a lot for me to admit defeat and say I’m sick enough to just do nothing. If it’s the same bug I ended up with hopefully you’ll be feeling better soon. Take care!

Sometimes you need to just sit and rest! I haven’t done much for weeks now and although I am glad for the time I also feel guilty but I know it’s needed and I couldn’t do much even if I wanted to 😅

My due date is March. I have 2 friends that have given birth early this year already 🤣 one was 3 weeks early and the other just over a week! I sm hoping for a Feb baby not a March one so fingers crossed there is movement towards the end of the month🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My due date is March. I have 2 friends that have given birth early this year already 🤣 one was 3 weeks early and the other just over a week! I sm hoping for a Feb baby not a March one so fingers crossed there is movement towards the end of the month🤪
I probably sound like a crackpot but I'm half hoping it comes 2 weeks early just so it's an Aquarius baby 🤪

40 +3 now and thrush is driving me crazy 🤯 Another growth scan at the most unaccommodating and rude hospital I've come across and my partner can't come as they still have restricted maternity appointments for partners to first scan and 20 week scan.......makes literally no sense whatsoever when the rest of the restrictions are now non existent......no real point to the post, I'm just needing a vent

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
40 +3 now and thrush is driving me crazy 🤯 Another growth scan at the most unaccommodating and rude hospital I've come across and my partner can't come as they still have restricted maternity appointments for partners to first scan and 20 week scan.......makes literally no sense whatsoever when the rest of the restrictions are now non existent......no real point to the post, I'm just needing a vent
Had my 20 week scan today, partners not allowed due to "social distancing requirements not being able to be met" (told on the phone prior to appointment)... Went in solo, the scanning room was huge, big enough for 3 people distanced, probably more like 5! Also pissed off, I hear ya Spills! :( xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The fact they are treating fathers as redundant is making my bleeping blood boil. It's just as much their baby and they have just as much right to be present for such important moments. Nevermind the fact pregnant woman need and deserve support. It should be made criminal how pregnancy has been handled during the past few years. It really should.

Reactions: 20
Have a look at the work that Pregnant Then Screwed have been doing, it's very clear that pregnant people should be allowed someone to accompany them to these appointments and hospitals are not really allowed to stop it.

I honestly didn’t know some hospitals are still not allowing partners in the room while having a scan. Ridiculous!

• Sad
Had my 20 week scan today, partners not allowed due to "social distancing requirements not being able to be met" (told on the phone prior to appointment)... Went in solo, the scanning room was huge, big enough for 3 people distanced, probably more like 5! Also pissed off, I hear ya Spills! :( xx
My partner has felt so excluded from the whole pregnancy because of their bullshit regulations......I can go and sit beside a complete stranger at a bar, as can my midwife or consultant in their own time but I can't have my partner with me at appointments where I already feel anxious and have a care plan in place for my mental health 🤯 I'm so sorry you had to go alone x

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I honestly didn’t know some hospitals are still not allowing partners in the room while having a scan. Ridiculous!
My best friend has just had twins and through her entire pregnancy she went through so much tit alone. Found out things like one of the babies wasn't growing, had breathing problems etc and had to go through it without her husband while he sat in the car park like a spare tit. I can't even begin to imagine what it has been like for people who have found out they've lost their babies or had to give birth alone. It's inhuman and I hope some day they are held accountable for what they've put families through. It's also postcode lottery as per most healthcare which is never acceptable.

We live in a world where McDonald's was open throughout an entire pandemic, but fathers have been denied from being at the birth or god forbid death of their children, even if they prove they don't have COVID (not that I think that should matter anyway). The mental toll of this is not something that can ever be rectified, even if it results in a healthy baby.

I have horrendous anxiety and the fact that my partner has to leave once I've given birth and can only be there for 2 hours a day if I am admitted to the postnatal ward literally renders me ill. And that is considered lucky compared to what many have been through. What a bleeping world.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Have a look at the work that Pregnant Then Screwed have been doing, it's very clear that pregnant people should be allowed someone to accompany them to these appointments and hospitals are not really allowed to stop it.
My partner trued reasoning with them at the last appointment he was turned away from because restrictions changed the day before and all they could say was "it's out of ours hands" meanwhile I was in floods of tears in the waiting area , shaking and blood pressure through the roof......waited in the car for my appointment to be called on the phone by the doctor and greeted with "are you coming in for your appointment or not?" I'm so frustrated at the entire things, thankfully that's not the hospital I'm giving birth in but I was really hoping she would be here by now if for no other reason than I wouldn't have to go to that hospital again

My best friend has just had twins and through her entire pregnancy she went through so much tit alone. Found out things like one of the babies wasn't growing, had breathing problems etc and had to go through it without her husband while he sat in the car park like a spare tit. I can't even begin to imagine what it has been like for people who have found out they've lost their babies or had to give birth alone. It's inhuman and I hope some day they are held accountable for what they've put families through. It's also postcode lottery as per most healthcare which is never acceptable.

We live in a world where McDonald's was open throughout an entire pandemic, but fathers have been denied from being at the birth or god forbid death of their children, even if they prove they don't have COVID (not that I think that should matter anyway). The mental toll of this is not something that can ever be rectified, even if it results in a healthy baby.

I have horrendous anxiety and the fact that my partner has to leave once I've given birth and can only be there for 2 hours a day if I am admitted to the postnatal ward literally renders me ill. And that is considered lucky compared to what many have been through. What a bleeping world.
You put it perfectly! Im so thankful that my appointments have had a good outcome but I'm on edge even today thinking what if I go and something's wrong , how do I even get myself home or to the birthing hospital. And I know of one woman who went to a routine appointment and got the worst possible news all alone , my heart breaks for her and her partner. I personally feel the bigger mental health pandemic is to come on an already overstretched health service and the powers that be can't seem to see it

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Its absolutely disgusting how fathers are being treated. At the hospital I work at it is supposed to be the patient in consultations only - however we have been making judgement calls about having people accompanied (only supposed to be for carers and minors) however I'm more than happy for the patient to bring someone with them. In all honesty, one extra person makes no difference, from my opinion, even more so if they are from the same household as they are likely already sharing germs if they have it.

On the other had, I have a friend who works in another (tertiary) hospital and they have completely closed their wards, only allow the patient in, and patients aren't allowed into the hospital until the moment of their appointment - even if that means standing outside until that time. They've also stopped people being with patients who are dying. Its about time these executives start making better calls. 1 person with the patient is nothing.

Our hospital allows 1 (named) person at the appointments so long as they take a lateral flow on the morning of the visit. If they are positive, you can then swab to an alternative named person. Surely it would not be that difficult ask people to do that.

Reactions: 9
Our hospital allows 1 (named) person at the appointments so long as they take a lateral flow on the morning of the visit. If they are positive, you can then swab to an alternative named person. Surely it would not be that difficult ask people to do that.
Australia hasn't thought this far ahead 🤦🏼‍♀️ mind you, lateral flow tests here are a rip off £10 each (id still pay though to have my partner come in) but they're in very short supply.... hard to come by 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Australia hasn't thought this far ahead 🤦🏼‍♀️ mind you, lateral flow tests here are a rip off £10 each (id still pay though to have my partner come in) but they're in very short supply.... hard to come by 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
Personally I don't think you should have to pay for lateral flows at all. Baffles me completely!

My partner has felt so excluded from the whole pregnancy because of their bullshit regulations......I can go and sit beside a complete stranger at a bar, as can my midwife or consultant in their own time but I can't have my partner with me at appointments where I already feel anxious and have a care plan in place for my mental health 🤯 I'm so sorry you had to go alone x
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry about your anxiety. I have the same every appointment after a missed miscarriage last year, terrified of hearing "there's no heartbeat sorry" again....

I can fly to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane etc no worries yet my partner can't travel to an appointment with me 1.5 miles from our house (we live around the corner from the hospital). You've gotta laugh or we'd cry 🥴🤦🏼‍♀️ xx

• Heart
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry about your anxiety. I have the same every appointment after a missed miscarriage last year, terrified of hearing "there's no heartbeat sorry" again....

I can fly to Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane etc no worries yet my partner can't travel to an appointment with me 1.5 miles from our house (we live around the corner from the hospital). You've gotta laugh or we'd cry 🥴🤦🏼‍♀️ xx
I'm so sorry you had to go through that and you have to go through the stress this time around ❤ there just seems to be no logic in it, not in my area anyway, I would see through it if lateral flows were an option but they're not, or if I had to wait outside I'd gladly so it but I can sit in a room with literal strangers who definitely aren't 2m's seated away from me and chairs aren't wiped down etc after each person but my partner from the same household can't sit beside me 🤷🏻‍♀️ as for £10 a lateral flow test .......that's capitalism in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, they should be charged and fined for that not be allowed to make a profit!

Does anyone have any uplifting news? Or some secret method of getting into labour that they are guarding?😂

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I'm so sorry you had to go through that and you have to go through the stress this time around ❤ there just seems to be no logic in it, not in my area anyway, I would see through it if lateral flows were an option but they're not, or if I had to wait outside I'd gladly so it but I can sit in a room with literal strangers who definitely aren't 2m's seated away from me and chairs aren't wiped down etc after each person but my partner from the same household can't sit beside me 🤷🏻‍♀️ as for £10 a lateral flow test .......that's capitalism in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, they should be charged and fined for that not be allowed to make a profit!

Does anyone have any uplifting news? Or some secret method of getting into labour that they are guarding?😂
That's them, $14 each on special offer at a cheap variety store (£7) but more like £8-10 at other stores.... IF you're lucky enough to find any that is! 😱

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.