Pregnancy #31 Sponsored by Februarys baby boom 💥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else ‘feel’ like they were pregnant before taking a test? It’s too early for me to take a test but I feel different. I’m a lot more tired than usual and my body is cramping. No side boobs or nausea though!
i did, but I think it was only a few days before my missed period. We weren’t trying for a baby, but I just had this feeling that I was pregnant, it’s hard to explain but I felt a bit tired and run down, and I had pains which were similar to period pains but they felt different to normal so that’s what gave me the feeling. I tested a day or so before my period was due and there was a faint line. I didn’t have any other symptoms though until I was about 7 weeks.

Did anyone else ‘feel’ like they were pregnant before taking a test? It’s too early for me to take a test but I feel different. I’m a lot more tired than usual and my body is cramping. No side boobs or nausea though!
I had a very similar experience to Trombolese, except I had a very irregular cycle so had no idea if I'd ovulated or when my period would be due. I had cramping that was similar but different to period pains and something was just telling me to take a test. You know your body best. 😊

Reactions: 2
Yes, with my first and this pregnancy. I felt different but couldn’t explain it.

With my first, I took a test one evening and it was negative but I still had a feeling I was pregnant even though I had absolutely no symptoms, waited about 2 days and then took another test early one morning before work and I got a very faint line on the test.

Reactions: 1
I’m not sure how to quote reply, sorry! But I’m currently 8 days post DTD, I’m going to test after 10 days and if that’s negative, take another one at 2 weeks. Might just be me thinking too much into it

I don’t really know what I’m asking for here so apologies 🤣 but has anyone had a really bad cold or virus whilst pregnant? I’m on day 3 of being in bed now, it feels worse than a cold but not sure that it’s the flu. I’ve been testing for Covid and all tests are coming back as negative, but I feel like I’m getting worse every day rather than starting to feel better, today I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus! I’m more worried about the baby than me, I can feel movements as normal though so hoping he’s doing ok in there! I don’t know at what point if any I should contact a doctor or midwife, or just ride it out. I was awake all night and stupidly looked on Google and saw some horror stories so now I’m worrying. I’m 37 weeks tomorrow so in the super pregnant phase.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I don’t really know what I’m asking for here so apologies 🤣 but has anyone had a really bad cold or virus whilst pregnant? I’m on day 3 of being in bed now, it feels worse than a cold but not sure that it’s the flu. I’ve been testing for Covid and all tests are coming back as negative, but I feel like I’m getting worse every day rather than starting to feel better, today I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus! I’m more worried about the baby than me, I can feel movements as normal though so hoping he’s doing ok in there! I don’t know at what point if any I should contact a doctor or midwife, or just ride it out. I was awake all night and stupidly looked on Google and saw some horror stories so now I’m worrying. I’m 37 weeks tomorrow so in the super pregnant phase.
As long as baby is moving in their normal pattern that’s all you can really keep an eye on. Keep your fluids up and rest. I had norovirus while pregnant with my first, and have had a few awful colds during pregnancy, it doesn’t affect babe at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
As long as baby is moving in their normal pattern that’s all you can really keep an eye on. Keep your fluids up and rest. I had norovirus while pregnant with my first, and have had a few awful colds during pregnancy, it doesn’t affect babe at all.
thank you, that’s what I was hoping to hear! Luckily I can just rest so I’ll do that and will keep an eye on movements ☺

• Heart
28 weeks today - where has that gone? The end feels so close now but also so far 😂

Had the GTT this morning which I thought was all fine until about an hour after the first blood test and drink I went really dizzy and thought I was going to pass out. Had to go and have a lie down but I'm feeling fine now I'm home and have eaten. Not sure that's a great sign for what the result will be! 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Anything at this stage in pregnancy can just floor you more than it normally would and there is definitely a flu like bug of sorts going around, rest up, catch up on sleep through the day if you can and if you get concerned give your midwife or gp a call to settle your mind but baby is well protected in there and is taking all the good nutrients from your body (which is why you feel so rough) . I hope you feel better soon 😘

• Heart
My previous pregnancy back in April I knew before I did a test. I just felt it.

This one I had no idea and was a total surprise.

I think that coz it’s sooo far into the pregnancy now that anything is going to absolutely floor us.

Illnesses that wouldn’t have been so bad if we weren’t pregnant are sooo much worse because of what our bodies are going through now. If you’re worried contact the doca and/or midwife.

It’s good that you can still feel the baby moving. You may just need even more rest than usual. Hope you feel better asap ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 4
28 weeks at the end of this week and I've literally only just started buying baby clothes :ROFLMAO: I think a mixture of being scared to jinx it and because this little guy is our third I'm just going with the flow, but oh my gosh I forgot how tiny baby clothes are and the newborn nappies 😭

Does anyone have an recommendations for online antenatal classes and first aid for babies? I feel like I've learnt so much in the last couple of months just from reading this thread, the new baby thread and from facebook groups etc but would love to do some antenatal classes and first aid

Does anyone have an recommendations for online antenatal classes and first aid for babies? I feel like I've learnt so much in the last couple of months just from reading this thread, the new baby thread and from facebook groups etc but would love to do some antenatal classes and first aid
For first aid, I'd highly recommend Millies Trust!

I'm really craving a bath but it says online it's dangerous. Is that only in the first trimester? Not sure I can go that long without a nice bath!

I’m 35 weeks tomorrow 🤯 it’s crazy! Had a growth scan yesterday and he’s estimated current weight is around 5lb 11. That’s why it’s so painful when he’s moving about in there 😫 I’ve also started to feel really hot in the past few weeks. Hot face, back …I’m guessing this is another wonderful pregnancy symptom!

I'm really craving a bath but it says online it's dangerous. Is that only in the first trimester? Not sure I can go that long without a nice bath!
Should be fine, just don't raise your body temperature too much. I bought a bath thermometer cos I was a biiig fan of a hot bath and didn't trust myself. 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.