Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jackolantern

VIP Member
Thank you so much for your lovely messages everyone and sorry I haven’t had the time to individually respond.

Baby Thomas (Tommy) was born this morning via c-section, weighing 3lbs 13. I’ve been so poorly I slept through the whole thing which is apparently unheard of 😳 Unfortunately he has been green lighted to a bigger hospital 3 hours away as he’s struggling a little more than they hoped, although they are very optimistic. Our hospital lovely as they have been, just don’t have the resources. I was the last to see him and haven’t been able to hold him which is really awful, but I know he’s in the best hands.

I won’t lie, the whole past week has been unbelievably traumatising and not something I’m currently able to talk about. I also don’t want to scare anyone else with our (rare) experiences.

However, I wanted to hop on with an update and say thank you so much for thinking of us.

Hope you are all doing well ❤ Can’t get my head around the fact I’m not pregnant!

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Baby T is here safe and sound, he was delivered this morning and we are just so in love with him, I can’t bring myself to put him down 🥰 absolutely shattered though so will have to in a minute and try to get some sleep! He was born weighing 7.15, and so far he’s been a good feeder on the boob so hoping to be able to keep that up, I do need to keep asking for help though to get him on! Thank you to everyone who wished me good luck, and I’ve loved these threads so much, they have been the biggest help throughout pregnancy and I don’t think I’ll be able to leave 😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Tally-O

Just to say baby is here! Just over 9lbs, planned section went really well. Haven't put him down yet, still can't believe he's mine!
Good luck for your section tomorrow @Trombolese

• Heart
Reactions: 33

SPNlover

Baby girl arrived at 3am this morning after a pretty intense labour and delivery that started Thursday night! She’s absolutely perfect and partner and I are so in love!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Hashtagged

VIP Member
Baby boy arrived yesterday morning a bit of a fast and furious one but he is lovely and looks identical to his sister when she was born 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 32

cococookie

Chatty Member
Had my baby boy in the early hours of this morning! Was having mild pains on and off all week but they finally felt like proper contractions at about 10pm last night.

My waters broke at around 3am and my contractions immediately became stronger and were very close together, he was born about 2 hours after my waters broke!. We are doing well 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Sslb_18

Chatty Member
Hello! Apologies for the radio silence but Baby18 is here.
Arrived at 37+2 via very traumatic circumstances (the less said about that , the better for now) but we are both safe and health after a week in hospital!

Been here since finding out I was 4 weeks and now I am graduating!🥳😢
Il still be here, could never leave this thread! I will always be rooting for you guys and sending all my love to all our tattle mummy’s, mummy’s to be and babies 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Spillit2356

Baby girl was born at 3.31pm yesterday after a very quick and successful induction, although I was already experiencing a few pains before the pessary.....it was taken out after 2 hours

• Heart
Reactions: 30

DcfcE

Baby girl born at 22:10 last night (21/02/22) 6lb 14oz after an extremely quick labour with waters breaking at 8pm & only being 5cm dilated at that point!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

jackolantern

VIP Member
So after another awful morning of bad BP and thinking I was never going to leave this purgatory… I’m being discharged 😭 I’ve sobbed all day I’m just so relieved, it’s been such a horrific few weeks and I genuinely thought I was here forever. And in even more good news, our boy is back in this hospital and doing amazing so we don’t have to travel after all.

It has honestly been the most traumatising time of our lives and the relief is just unfathomable. There’s still difficulties ahead and I have to be back everyday for checks but atleast its home either side. I am truly blessed. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 28

jackolantern

VIP Member
Tommy doing so well they’ve taken him off all his breathing equipment and he’s started to feed properly 😭 so much so that they are having to give him formula because I haven’t produced enough colostrum and milk hasn’t come in yet. I feel like such a failure, can’t keep him to term and now can’t even feed him properly. I know it’s not my fault and I’m sick but god it’s hard. They are wanting to transfer me but no one is telling us much and I haven’t been fit enough as it’s 100 miles away but we’ll see what today brings. Sick to the thought of not being with my partner anymore, he’s all that’s got me through this :( Which in turn doesn’t help because the stress sends my BP worse again, I can’t win 💀🤣

Also no shame to formula - I’m sorry I didn’t mean it that way, no judgement at all any fed is best IMO. I just hate that I have no choice because my body isn’t doing what it should be.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

jackolantern

VIP Member
Had an absolutely awful weekend and am currently admitted at 31+5 with severe preeclampsia. Everyday is a waiting game now as to when I’m going to have baby boy. Mixed messages constantly and I’ve never been more prodded, poked, tested and seen more medical staff in my entire 29 years combined than these last 5 days. I’ve been inconsolable in all honesty and made a fool of myself but for the very vast majority the staff have been unbelievable and moved heaven and earth to look after me and let my partner be here where he can. It’s a balance of not letting my condition worsen but keeping little man in as long as possible, but it is sounding more and more like everyday is a possibility. Wasn’t expecting a 31/32 week preemie baby but life had other plans. So much to say but every half hour is a new opinion or goal post shift so I’m really just in constant tenterhooks. Its honestly so traumatising :( and completely out of nowhere. My body doesn’t seem to be behaving the way they expected either so I’m a bit of an anomaly and I don’t quite think they know what to do with me - yay!

All I can say ladies is trust your gut. I joked about my sudden swollen ankles the other night and little did I know where that was headed. If you know something doesnt feel right, don’t let it be brushed off as just pregnancy. I could be in a much worse position right now if I hadn’t questioned it. (Although most swelling won’t turn into this so please don’t let me panic you either!).

Feel a complete failure. I’m supposed to be his mum and keep him safe and he’s having to be born 2 months early to keep me safe. What a world.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Aww only a few days off the next option 😂
Had our gender scan and found out that we're having a little girl 🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 21

frostsquirrel23

TW - ectopic pregnancy (some details)

I don’t know if anyone remembers but I came here after finding out I was 4 weeks pregnant but unsure what to do as it was unplanned pregnancy. I couldn’t think of anything else but continuing and having the baby and shared how real it felt to have my first midwife appointment booked!

Well, at 7 weeks I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. I had emergency surgery within hours of the initial unbearable pain, I lost so much blood as well as my baby and left Fallopian tube.

I hope it’s okay to share here, as I don’t want anyone worrying about where I got to! I’m sure I’ll be okay it’s just so much to deal with physically and emotionally. I’ve shared my story in the pregnancy loss thread and I will seek as much help as I’m able to. I just wish I knew symptoms and signs much sooner! 😔

I’ve been keeping up with a lot of your pregnancies (maybe stalking haha) and while I don’t think I can read them anymore I will be thinking of many of you and your babies x

• Heart
Reactions: 20

jackolantern

VIP Member
The fact they are treating fathers as redundant is making my fucking blood boil. It's just as much their baby and they have just as much right to be present for such important moments. Nevermind the fact pregnant woman need and deserve support. It should be made criminal how pregnancy has been handled during the past few years. It really should.

Reactions: 20

Rxt156

VIP Member
It’s my due date!!!!! 😌😌😌😌 since I was swept yesterday the baby has not stopped moving, I’ve had some twinges and woken up with my bump sitting WAY lower than it was when I went to sleep.. 😆 is this it!!!?

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Kitt

VIP Member
Scan all good, measuring bang on 12 weeks. Due 25th August, the day before their brother’s first birthday 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
When we found out our gender we knew we didn't want a gender reveal, we just found out at the scan. I have young nieces and nephews who were desperate to pop a balloon so we got one for them and thought the rest of the family may as well find out together. When I watched back the video all i could hear was some of my older relatives going 'oh for fucks sake not another girl' or generally unhappy moans and groans. I was livid, it didn't spoil us finding out the gender and we were really happy but people can't help but be miserable twats!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16