Pregnancy #30: Sponsored by choosing our own baby’s name, thank you very much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone,

I always read everything on here and comment sometimes!
Can't believe I've clicked the next stage.
And that I'm 26 weeks tommorow.
Its going so fast it's actually a bit scary I feel so unprepared!

I'm glad I've seen some of these comments on weight gain as I am struggling with it. I think I'm about 9/10 pounds and I'll be honest each time it goes up I feel horrible about myself. I did say to my fiance but he's just like 'your growing a baby of course you'll put on weight' and then I feel guilty for feeling this way but Ive always had a bad body image of myself.

Another note, last few days I've felt SO sick for hours. I've not had the morning sickness bit since around the first scan. I was never actually sick but felt it. Been fine until this week. I get up fine have breakfast go to work and then bam it hits and I have to keep running to the toilet but it never actually comes out I just get waves of it come over me. Seems to get a little better as the day goes on. My belly is hurting/aching a bit kind of underneath my bump (which is only jsut coming out) so I wondering if it's all to do with body changes happening? It doesn't feel like a bug. I'm not actually sick! Anyone had this at my stage?!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone,

I always read everything on here and comment sometimes!
Can't believe I've clicked the next stage.
And that I'm 26 weeks tommorow.
Its going so fast it's actually a bit scary I feel so unprepared!

I'm glad I've seen some of these comments on weight gain as I am struggling with it. I think I'm about 9/10 pounds and I'll be honest each time it goes up I feel horrible about myself. I did say to my fiance but he's just like 'your growing a baby of course you'll put on weight' and then I feel guilty for feeling this way but Ive always had a bad body image of myself.

Another note, last few days I've felt SO sick for hours. I've not had the morning sickness bit since around the first scan. I was never actually sick but felt it. Been fine until this week. I get up fine have breakfast go to work and then bam it hits and I have to keep running to the toilet but it never actually comes out I just get waves of it come over me. Seems to get a little better as the day goes on. My belly is hurting/aching a bit kind of underneath my bump (which is only jsut coming out) so I wondering if it's all to do with body changes happening? It doesn't feel like a bug. I'm not actually sick! Anyone had this at my stage?!
At 9/10lbs, I would say not a single bit of that will actually be you.
Obviously it isn't that simple in the mind but baby will be over a pound of that. Then add on the placenta, the extra volume of blood on top!

By the end of pregnancy, around 22lbs is baby and everything else 😊

Reactions: 2
Has anyone used the Chicco Next2Me before? Is it worth it? I’ve just seen they are on Aldi special buys this week.
I’m going to be on here everyday now asking questions you’ll be sick of me by May 😁😁

• Haha
Has anyone used the Chicco Next2Me before? Is it worth it? I’ve just seen they are on Aldi special buys this week.
I’m going to be on here everyday now asking questions you’ll be sick of me by May 😁😁
We use the Babylo version as it's slightly bigger and it was my best purchase! Far better than a moses basket!

• Heart
I haven’t had chicco but I had Snuz pod with my youngest and gone with that again for this babe. I keep forgetting to look on aldi for the baby event.
that reminds me anyone had the perfect prep day/night? I bought the perfect prep with my last but never used it because she was exclusively breast fed, not by my choice 🤣 she just would not take a bottle so we never used it. Just wondering if there’s a big difference between the normal one and the day/night one?

Last edited:
Oh god another thing for me to look at!!! 🤦‍♀️😂 is it this one?

View attachment 967177
It is! It fit both my twins in, where as the next to me wouldn't 😂. They're 4 months now and when one of them is in it there's still absolutely loads of room. They went in my cousins next to me last week and only one twin would fit and there was little room either side of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon with a consultant to request a c section, has anyone else had this kind of meeting and can tell me what I can expect? Don’t know why but I feel nervous!

I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon with a consultant to request a c section, has anyone else had this kind of meeting and can tell me what I can expect? Don’t know why but I feel nervous!
My experience was that at 16 weeks I met with my consultant at my normal appointment and mentioned I would like a section. He asked why and I explained (because of previous 3rd degree tear and advice from then to have a section moving forward). He provisionally said yes but that it would be discussed further at 34 weeks. At 34 weeks I was asked did I still want it, I said yes, the risks were outlined and that was that. Pretty straightforward for me 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My experience was that at 16 weeks I met with my consultant at my normal appointment and mentioned I would like a section. He asked why and I explained (because of previous 3rd degree tear and advice from then to have a section moving forward). He provisionally said yes but that it would be discussed further at 34 weeks. At 34 weeks I was asked did I still want it, I said yes, the risks were outlined and that was that. Pretty straightforward for me 😊
thank you, my midwife seems quite sure that they will say yes so I’m hoping it’s quite straightforward. When they approved it at 34 weeks, did you then discuss and book a date?

thank you, my midwife seems quite sure that they will say yes so I’m hoping it’s quite straightforward. When they approved it at 34 weeks, did you then discuss and book a date?
Yes once it’s confirmed we’re going ahead, the dr would give me the papers to sign and he just then (in my hospital) phones up and sorts out the date then and there. They like you to be 39 weeks exactly in my hospital, but for my second section they were all booked that day but gave me a date for the day after (39+1). They then also made a pre-op appointment for me as well.

I know every situation is different but it always amazes me how much advice differs from consultant to consultant. I also had a third degree tear but they recommended vaginal birth again. It's what I wanted but I think if I had wanted a c section I would have had a fight on my hands!

Sadly will be leaving this thread for a while as I have had a mmc confirmed today at 9+1. Has anyone had a d+c before? What was it like if you don’t mind sharing? I’m hoping to have this as I don’t really want to go through it all again as this is my second mc. Will be taking a cycle off and try again in March 🤞 will still be looking
Sending you a huge hug, I’m so sorry to hear this. Look after yourself xx

I had one and got rejected so do be prepared. But that's good if your midwife thinks you'll be accepted!

I got sent for a second opinion. And I just didn't have the courage to fight for what I wanted.

They have to find someone that will say yes though 😊

• Heart
Mines been booked in since I was 20 weeks as I expressed interested at my 12 weeks consultant appointment (previous emergency c section). Loads of paperwork they had to read through, pro/cons, risks and complications etc and then signature after signature 🤣. I got my date there and then but I can still change my mind to a natural birth if I choose, and likewise if Labour happens before my date it could end up being natural birth or "emergency" csection depending on labour progression.

My consultant was lovely, I was dreading them trying to talk me out of it but she didn't try once 😊 stay firm about why you want one and it should be fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I know every situation is different but it always amazes me how much advice differs from consultant to consultant. I also had a third degree tear but they recommended vaginal birth again. It's what I wanted but I think if I had wanted a c section I would have had a fight on my hands!
I'm the same. 3rd degree but they said no!

How are you feeling about it?
I had my baby almost 9 months ago. But at the time. I was devastated. I was having panic attacks at the thought of giving birth naturally.

Luckily didn't tear as bad this time. Only went slightly down. Tore upwards mostly instead 😂😂

The difference is mad isn’t it? I know @WhatABore was the same as you. Whereas from the day I had my tear and someone came to see me about it they said if I ever wanted more it would be a section, and every midwife (I never saw the same one twice) and Dr always said “why are you having a section?” And I’d explain and they’d ALL say “oh yes definitely, that’s for the best”

I’m glad I didn’t have to fight for it, as I think they had me so terrified from it happened that I would have really struggled going forward knowing I had to have a vaginal birth.

I had my baby almost 9 months ago. But at the time. I was devastated. I was having panic attacks at the thought of giving birth naturally.

Luckily didn't tear as bad this time. Only went slightly down. Tore upwards mostly instead 😂😂
I'm so sorry you had that experience, mental health should be seen as an equally valid reason for approving a c section.

I'm glad that things went physically better for you this time but you still shouldn't have had to go through that.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.