• 30-36 weeks

Votes: 39 21.3%
  • Ready to pop!

Votes: 19 10.4%
  • The baby’s here, I’m just not ready to leave yet

Votes: 21 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actually blowing my mind that I’ve clicked the 24-30 category - how is this going so fast 😰🥵🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yaay could finally tick the next box along 😆
I'm finding out the gender this week and I'm so excited! I admire people who can wait until the baby is born but I'm so impatient I booked a private gender scan. Can't wait to find out.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Up a poll option, slightly shitting myself that the next option is ready to pop 😬!

does anyone have any plans on how they are going to handle visitors when the baby arrives? Me and my partner both have big families and I’m a bit scared of being bombarded as soon as we get out of hospital, if I’m honest I want to keep visitors to a minimum for the first few weeks but don’t know how to approach it, and I’m sure it won’t be a popular opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Up a poll option, slightly shitting myself that the next option is ready to pop 😬!

does anyone have any plans on how they are going to handle visitors when the baby arrives? Me and my partner both have big families and I’m a bit scared of being bombarded as soon as we get out of hospital, if I’m honest I want to keep visitors to a minimum for the first few weeks but don’t know how to approach it, and I’m sure it won’t be a popular opinion.
I have no advice sorry but we are in the same situation! When we got home from the hospital with our first my aunt and uncle were actually waiting out side the house and said “we wanted to see him before anyone else” 🤬 x

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7

I think you just have to be firm, no matter how unpopular it is. With my first, my in laws booked flights to come and visit for my due date. I made it very clear they needed to change those, that we wouldn’t be hosting guests, so they’d also need a hotel and to hire a car, and perhaps a few weeks after my due date or flexi tickets would be a better idea.

Anyone else, if they said can they pop by, I’d just say no, need the rest today, you’re welcome on x date. I’d also say by the way, I’d recommend bringing biscuits with you 😂 might as well make it obvious I wouldn’t be baking for their arrival!

Reactions: 10
Is it only Me who doesn’t mind the visitors as soon as baby is born? With my first, my parents were there before I had even been stitched up🤣

with the other 3 my mum and Dad came with his minibus full of family within 2 hours of them being born (sisters, nieces, nephews, grandparents) as I had them all at home. I didn’t even really think anything of it. Then from them on it was a constant stream of visitors for the first few weeks. I just assumed that was normal 🤣

Reactions: 2
Crikey, nearly in the 30-36 week category! Just phoned the midwives as I'm still feeling crap in the mornings after nearly 8 weeks of this they finally did bloods last week. Turns out I am quite anaemic but no one had contacted me to tell me until I phoned them 🙄
Ordered some liquid iron so hopefully I'll start feeling better soon, it's been so hard having like 2-3 hours in the morning of palpitations, shortness of breath and dizziness while having a toddler to look after and work to do!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

We are thinking of at least 2 weeks of no visitors. Our families will definitely moan, but I honestly don't care. Our needs come first. Having a baby is traumatic enough without having to worry about entertaining people you aren't ready for. Nevermind the fact you deserve time to bond with your baby as a family and get used to your new routines before having to worry about anyone else. They can wait and don't let yourself feel bullied into anything else unless it's what you and your partner want x

Reactions: 9
I can finally tick the next box! I've booked a private gender scan for when I will be 15 weeks to the day, I always thought before I was pregnant that I would want to keep it a surprise but I want to be prepared and be able to buy anything other than white clothes! We are sure we know the gender already as we have looked into the nub theory but we could be wrong! Has anyone else had bad pregnancy insomnia? I must wake up about 20 times a night, getting only 10/20 minutes of sleep at a time, its driving me mad!

Reactions: 7
hiya @SnowyBun, just a heads up that we had a private scan at 15 weeks and they told us that they could determine the gender but they aren’t allowed to say until 16 weeks so they wouldn’t tell us, I’m not sure if that was just the company’s policy though or if it’s a national thing?

and yes I’ve had pregnancy insomnia the entire time 😩 I haven’t had a solid nights sleep since before I was pregnant. I don’t have any tips unfortunately, a pregnancy pillow helps me get more comfy but I still wake up all through the night 😂

Reactions: 1

I’m feeling the same. I know for a fact my partners family will want to visit probably the day we get home which I’m really not happy about! Not happening! I will have to have a conversation with him about it 🙈

Reactions: 4
I’m feeling the same. I know for a fact my partners family will want to visit probably the day we get home which I’m really not happy about! Not happening! I will have to have a conversation with him about it 🙈
yeah that’s how I feel, there’s just so many of them too that I think the only options are to say no to all extended family visiting for the first week or 2, or let everyone visit, and I can’t deal with the thought of my newborn being passed around by about 30 people 😂 . I’ve brought it up to my partner now which I was worried about but he’s agreed with me about it, I think we will let our parents and siblings visit but that will be it until we decide to let more people in. All the family are so excited which is lovely, but I know for a fact they will want to see the baby in the first days and some will probably turn up unannounced, so I’m thinking of sending out a text just before or something.

I imagine that my in laws will visit the day we're home, but this time I really don't mind as they can wrangle the toddler haha.
What I didn't overly enjoy last time was my parents arriving when baby was like 2 days old and they stayed at our house for nearly a week (they live miles away) and so I had to think about feeding them too and entertaining them on top of having just had a baby!

I think because of Covid and also protecting ourselves mentally this time we're going to say no one can stay at our house for the first month and that day time visitors will be limited to just our parents for the first couple of weeks at least.

Reactions: 4

We left hospital midnight Christmas Day, sister was watching our boys so she was there when we got back and my mum had my eldest, so was up and round by 8am Christmas morning 🤦🏼‍♀️ My dad came over about 10am and my sister and her boyfriend came over Christmas night for more food and drinks so we had a house full, but everyone left us alone Boxing Day, which was nice 😅
It was far too much though as I was exhausted, but with it being Christmas, I couldn’t say no! Normally visitors don’t bother me as that’s when I normally go off for a nap 😂

I have no advice sorry but we are in the same situation! When we got home from the hospital with our first my aunt and uncle were actually waiting out side the house and said “we wanted to see him before anyone else” 🤬 x
I know how you felt, I was the same just got home with my first baby and next thing the neighbours and my aunties workmate all chapped the door. I hadn’t even got my coat off!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
We are thinking of at least 2 weeks of no visitors. Our families will definitely moan, but I honestly don't care. Our needs come first. Having a baby is traumatic enough without having to worry about entertaining people you aren't ready for. Nevermind the fact you deserve time to bond with your baby as a family and get used to your new routines before having to worry about anyone else. They can wait and don't let yourself feel bullied into anything else unless it's what you and your partner want x
I had baby on the Tuesday morning 5.18am and allowed our parents to have a quick visit on the Saturday. Like 10 min visit. Then nothing for over a week. I 100000% think this helped my recovery be much smoother and easier. My parents are as caring and thoughtful as you can get but my in laws are stressful to be around!!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.