Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Little man arrived safely this morning weighing a whopping 9lb 8oz. So far he’s an absolute dream boat and is feeding well and is beyond chilled out. Absolutely besotted 🥰 my section went so well, my calmest birth by far so really there was nothing to worry about. So happy he’s finally here! 💙 Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 43

TheDuchess

Chatty Member
Baby girl arrived via planned c section on Monday afternoon. She is perfect and beautiful and weighed in at 7lbs 3oz. Still have not settled on a name choice though 😂

A massive thank you to you ladies here who helped me through these past 9 months and helped verbally hold my hand in the run up to my surgery which I was so scared about.

After years of fertility treatment and suffering loss we finally have my daughter here in our arms ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39

jackolantern

VIP Member
Had such a horrible night. We have an Amazon wish list for the baby where people can pick something out and send it straight to you. Ofcourse my partners family had to send it to them so they could lord over the fact we need to see them to get it. However it gets worse. Had a random text from my partners mother - she has taken it upon herself to open the cot and set it up in her house, playing with all the features and not only that, opening his sheets out of their packet and washing them. Even his fucking mattress!!! It’s so unhygienic I could spit flames.

I am absolutely devastated. I feel like my heart has been ripped out my chest. That should be a special moment between me and my partner. He is our baby, our first baby. We have never had these experiences before and she’s denied them from us by making me see my baby’s crib all set up in someone else’s home. Handled and fiddled with by so many people before I have even seen it.

I’ve cried all night and as always for an easy life, he would never dare say anything to his mother, tells me to do it myself because I have the problem, I’m “overreacting”, “making a fuss over nothing”, “being selfish, she just wanted to check it works!”.

I don’t give a flying fuck what she wants. This isn’t about her. Neither should he but as always her feelings take precedence because he doesn’t want the hassle.

I’ve made myself feel so poorly from all the crying and I already feel like shit. Now we aren’t talking at all and I just want to scream my lungs off. Why doesn’t he understand?

She’s had 4 kids of her own yet her excitement matters most in the world and it doesn’t occur to the selfish bitch how that special moment is now gone forever for me. No opening it together and setting it up for the first time. I just get to live through her.

Who in their right fucking mind buys someone a gift and opens it? Nevermind a fucking newborn.

I just want to crawl into a hole and sob my heart out, not that there’s anything left to fucking sob.

I know the world hasn’t ended but it just feels so harrowing. He’s our baby. Not his families and they’ve got to put his crib together first.

Im fucking heartbroken.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member

Sadly will be leaving this thread for a while as I have had a mmc confirmed today at 9+1. Has anyone had a d+c before? What was it like if you don’t mind sharing? I’m hoping to have this as I don’t really want to go through it all again as this is my second mc. Will be taking a cycle off and try again in March 🤞 will still be looking

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

noseyqueen14

Chatty Member
Baby is here. Waters broke yesterday afternoon but didn’t start getting contractions until 8. Only managed to last until midnight before getting the epidural but then ended up pushing on and off for 5 hours it was so hard. Had to get the vacuum in the end because it just was not happening and I was so knackered!!! Got a second degree tear, no episiotomy or anything. Epidurals are bloody amazing!! All of the things I’d learned went so out the window in those moments of desperation 🙉

• Heart
Reactions: 32

xoxo GG

VIP Member
We have just been for a private scan, me and my husband were both starting to feel a little bit anxious after a previous stillbirth, then the lack of symptoms I’ve had in this pregnancy were adding fuel to that fire after two pregnancies ruled by HG. But there our little bean was, measuring perfectly on track for what we thought and a little heartbeat 😭 It’s still early days but I guess it shows that not every pregnancy will be the same. I feel a little more at ease now and think it’s finally time to start enjoying this pregnancy. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Tricham

Chatty Member
He's here!
Baby Evan was born very quickly on 21st January, weighing just under 6lb 7oz (8 days early, was due 29th). It couldn't have been a more positive experience (I was anxious about birth and really needn't have been!). My waters broke at 11am (in a public place typically!) and Evan was in my arms just 4 hours later! I had Gestational Diabetes and Strep B in pregnancy. He passed his sugars for the GD. For Strep B you usually get antibiotics during labour but as it all happened so fast didn't receive any (hospital said to go in at 2, thinking that labour wouldn't be super speedy... he popped out at 15:06!) but thankfully he's unaffected. Time between a midwife finally examining me and finding out I was fully dilated, to me pushing him out was only about half an hour!! Super quick for a first baby especially😁

Had my 28 week appt today and baby is measuring 4-6cm ahead 😖💀 she’s sending me for a growth scan and I’m shitting a brick. She didn’t seem worried and said he’s breech and the way I’m carrying seems like he’s all very frontal and that’s probably why. She said it explains the lower pelvic pressure I’ve been feeling too. I know logically she’s probably right but I’m still a nervous wreck 🤣

Has anyone else had this and it been OK at the scan? She said he doesn’t feel like a whopper 😅
As the others have said, don't worry.

My bump was measuring 97th percentile. At first 2 growth scans he was 50th (one of them performed same day as fundamental height measured!), then he dropped to 10th, then 30th on final scan. He was born on Friday at 38+6 weighing just under 6lb 7oz. Fundamental height measurements are renowned for being totally inaccurate for most.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

dollydog

Just need a little rant about my mother in law. Was banging on today about how she put her 3 kids in their own room between the ages of 4 weeks and 8 weeks. Husband now thinks current 6 week old baby will be fine to go his own room soon - made me furious. I’m a stickler for rules and guidance and I just think if the guidance is there to reduce SIDS risk why would I go against it?! He doesn’t even wake up in the night so why should he bloody care?! She also suggested my baby has colic (definitely doesn’t), how it’s fine to put them down and leave them when they’re crying (completely goes against my instincts), how it so much easier to formula feed cause you know how much they’re getting and can do a routine (i’m bfing), how he’s surely just feeding for comfort a lot of the time (who gives a f if he is, he’s my baby). Also dropped in how surprised she was about how I’m doing with being a mum - never thought I’d be the maternal type (pissed me off as because I’m bloody good with kids). Obviously got completely different styles of parenting but I wish she’d fuck off. Baby always cries when she holds him so he’s clearly on my side.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Celeste

Chatty Member
We had our 20 week scan today. All looking good, anterior placenta which explains why I'm not sure if I've felt baby move yet... And we're having a boy! 💙 Really chuffed, there's only girl babies in the family so as lovely as a girl would have been, I'm excited to mix it up a bit!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Borntorun

VIP Member
39+3 today and had a bloody show. Have been having the odd tightening for a few days now but nothing exciting. Really hope this means something is happening anyway!!

ETA: Good grief, when did I become someone who posts about their discharge on the internet 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Kitt

VIP Member
Just had my early scan, baby measuring exactly right and saw the heartbeat so all good. Phew.

• Heart

Barbie2020

VIP Member
Has anyone else had a midwife appointment and felt totally not listened to? I’m crying my eyes out feeling so stupid 😢

I brought up that I’m terrified of giving birth as I have vaginismus which basically means I can barely tolerate internal examinations and sex can be quite painful too. I’ve only ever managed to have one successful smear test (should have had two now) and some of the attempts to do that were so difficult. To make it worse people were sat outside the midwife’s door and you can hear all the conversations from outside 😞 I have really bad anxiety as it is.

I’ve explained this to the midwife and said the thought of inductions/sweeps etc absolutely terrify me for this reason. She was nice towards the end and said she would book me in for a consultant appointment to discuss it but that I should have tried to sort this years ago and the baby would be coming one way or another. Obviously I know the baby is coming out that’s why I’ve tried to tell her my worries.

I feel like an absolute failure as a woman and a mum to be. Sorry I don’t know why I’m writing on here just needed somewhere anonymous to vent as it’s only my husband that knows my situation as I find it a bit embarrassing. I’ve heard a few stories of people being able to have an elective c section and the midwives being totally understanding so just a bit gutted that I’ve basically been told to get on with it.

• Heart
  • Sad

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Just been writing in dates in my new 2022 diary and I’ve worked out I only have to get up and go to work 65 more times (at the most) before baby is here! Wooooo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19

Borntorun

VIP Member
Congratulations!!!! ❤❤❤ And love to hear a quick induction story 💗
Haha it was so quick there’s not even much of a story to tell! Was given the 24 hour pessary, started getting a few period cramps immediately but nothing exciting, had those for about four hours but was still chatting away, no problems. Then had about an hour of tightenings that were a bit more intense but was still just breathing through no worries. Then all of a sudden, I was properly contracting and a baby was coming. My total labour time was recorded as ten minutes 🤣

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Kitt

VIP Member
Somehow both the first and last options on the poll. Had a chat with my husband about how we’ll have to be super organised and a good team when baby comes as it’s gonna be so tough and he was totally on the same page so that has eased my stress about this whole thing a bit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

jackolantern

VIP Member
Preggo hormones have officially kicked in! My partner's Grandma died a few years ago and last night his Mum told him that she's got some knitted baby clothes to bring us that his Grandma made incase she died before he ever had a baby - let me tell you I ugly sobbed for half an hour 😭😭😭 She was such a lovely lady and loved him so much and I know he's heartbroken she won't be able to meet little Lantern as she would have been so excited, so to know that a part of her will still be with him is just so special.

Oh fuck I'm off again 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

jackolantern

VIP Member
I went to pick up some bits for my hospital bag today, got nowhere, had a tantrum and went and bought Millies Cookies instead 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Sven

VIP Member
I told my boss today and she was wonderful. I was so anxious about telling her because I’d just had a Payrise and she said ‘don’t be silly, you should have been getting paid that in the first place! It’s for the work you do now and will do for the next year!’ So I feel sooooo much better now. Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep now!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Borntorun

VIP Member
Just need a little rant about my mother in law. Was banging on today about how she put her 3 kids in their own room between the ages of 4 weeks and 8 weeks. Husband now thinks current 6 week old baby will be fine to go his own room soon - made me furious. I’m a stickler for rules and guidance and I just think if the guidance is there to reduce SIDS risk why would I go against it?! He doesn’t even wake up in the night so why should he bloody care?! She also suggested my baby has colic (definitely doesn’t), how it’s fine to put them down and leave them when they’re crying (completely goes against my instincts), how it so much easier to formula feed cause you know how much they’re getting and can do a routine (i’m bfing), how he’s surely just feeding for comfort a lot of the time (who gives a f if he is, he’s my baby). Also dropped in how surprised she was about how I’m doing with being a mum - never thought I’d be the maternal type (pissed me off as because I’m bloody good with kids). Obviously got completely different styles of parenting but I wish she’d fuck off. Baby always cries when she holds him so he’s clearly on my side.
Tell her you live with the result of her parenting methods and quite frankly you think it could do with some improvements 😜 I said it to my mother in law once when she commented, she’s been a bit more complementary since!

• Haha
Reactions: 16