Pregnancy #30: Sponsored by choosing our own baby’s name, thank you very much

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had baby on the Tuesday morning 5.18am and allowed our parents to have a quick visit on the Saturday. Like 10 min visit. Then nothing for over a week. I 100000% think this helped my recovery be much smoother and easier. My parents are as caring and thoughtful as you can get but my in laws are stressful to be around!!
Both our families are a nightmare and I'd have them never come if I could get away with it :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Somehow both the first and last options on the poll. Had a chat with my husband about how we’ll have to be super organised and a good team when baby comes as it’s gonna be so tough and he was totally on the same page so that has eased my stress about this whole thing a bit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Somehow both the first and last options on the poll. Had a chat with my husband about how we’ll have to be super organised and a good team when baby comes as it’s gonna be so tough and he was totally on the same page so that has eased my stress about this whole thing a bit.
You can do this Kitt! Happy to hear you're such a great team together!
It'll be so much fun for them to be so close in age :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
eeeek ready to pop!! 37 weeks today :) seeing so many people with early babies it's freaking me out!

Reactions: 1
I saw my friends newborn today and I was nearly sobbing, so bloody cute. Is it possible to become broody when you're pregnant? Because I am :ROFLMAO: 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hope everyone survived the first day back at work 😊

I'm currently sat having a cry about how much weight I've gained already 😭 I've never been happy with my weight and I've been getting gradually bigger over the last few years. My BMI was only just overweight before pregnancy (I'm fairly tall so can get away with a lot but I was size 12-14).

Anyway I've been eating terribly especially over Christmas and I'm so disappointed in myself. I should be doing so much better for this baby. I weighed myself this morning and I've already gained 10kg at 24 weeks. I'm feeling uncomfortable a lot of the time, struggling to sleep and suffering with back ache and I'm sure all this weight won't have helped.

I've got a midwife appointment in the morning, hopefully she will give me a talking to and I will change my ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I'm currently sat having a cry about how much weight I've gained already 😭 I've never been happy with my weight and I've been getting gradually bigger over the last few years. My BMI was only just overweight before pregnancy (I'm fairly tall so can get away with a lot but I was size 12-14).

Anyway I've been eating terribly especially over Christmas and I'm so disappointed in myself. I should be doing so much better for this baby. I weighed myself this morning and I've already gained 10kg at 24 weeks. I'm feeling uncomfortable a lot of the time, struggling to sleep and suffering with back ache and I'm sure all this weight won't have helped.

I've got a midwife appointment in the morning, hopefully she will give me a talking to and I will change my ways.
Bless you, for me this is the hardest thing about pregnancy. I made myself so ill in my first pregnancy as I've always been weight conscious and ended up restricting so much it was actually harmful for my little girl, so please don't be hard on yourself. You have to remember you are carrying another human, waters etc all make up that extra added weight. Also, nearly everyone over indulges at Christmas, it's basically law that you have too so don't feel bad! I find walking and snacking on super juicy fruit like pineapple and drinking water when I'm feeling crappy and sluggish really helps, and just know that this isn't forever and you'll soon have your body back to be in control of again.

It is so hard though, I completely sympathise with you x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

please dont stress!! Between 25-35lbs is completely normal, I gained the biggest chunk between my 12 - 20 week checks but it's been pretty steady weight gain since then. I started at 125lbs and I'm at 160lbs and I'm only 5ft 2! My BMI is probably off the scale :D but you're growing a human and it's so much more than just the baby weight xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Bless you, for me this is the hardest thing about pregnancy. I made myself so ill in my first pregnancy as I've always been weight conscious and ended up restricting so much it was actually harmful for my little girl, so please don't be hard on yourself. You have to remember you are carrying another human, waters etc all make up that extra added weight. Also, nearly everyone over indulges at Christmas, it's basically law that you have too so don't feel bad! I find walking and snacking on super juicy fruit like pineapple and drinking water when I'm feeling crappy and sluggish really helps, and just know that this isn't forever and you'll soon have your body back to be in control of again.

It is so hard though, I completely sympathise with you x
Ah Same…it’s the thing that I struggle with the most. I’ve had anorexia since my early teens. I have learnt to control it and obviously much much better than I was. I’ve managed to carry two beautiful healthy baby’s full term but pregnancy really does play havoc with my head. We are doing the most amazing thing carrying our babies looking after them giving them the food and nutrients they need.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I could have written this myself a few months ago, even was the same size as you pre pregnancy. I could barely look at myself in the mirror a few months ago without feeling disgusted! BUT I did love being pregnant so I knew I just had to stop letting myself think about any weight gain.
I am now 4 weeks post partum and obv still have a tummy and everything feels flabby and soft but I am in the newborn bubble and I am loving getting out walking with baby which will help tone me up.
Just to add- with my first baby I ended up losing the baby weight plus more. I ended up in great shape and I put it down to a change in how I viewed food (and a change in how I viewed my body too once I saw how amazing it is and all its capable of). I am feeling same this time. I'm in no rush, would love if the weight just fell off but I know it will happen in time. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Finally got to select ‘ready to pop’! These last few weeks have dragged but it’s my due date tomorrow!!! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Finally told work yesterday and what a relief it is to not have to carry around a secret anymore. They have been very supportive and are very happy for me which isn't what I expected. Although, the questions about what I want to do for maternity leave already were a bit overwhelming.

I've struggled to sleep all night convinced I've jinxed myself by telling people I'm pregnant at 14w and now I'm worried in case something has happened. My scan was at 12+2 and everything was fine but what if its not now? I feel like a broken record but I just want the anxiety to lift so I can enjoy my pregnancy.

Consultants appt is on the 12th so hoping that might make me feel a little better.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Sadly will be leaving this thread for a while as I have had a mmc confirmed today at 9+1. Has anyone had a d+c before? What was it like if you don’t mind sharing? I’m hoping to have this as I don’t really want to go through it all again as this is my second mc. Will be taking a cycle off and try again in March 🤞 will still be looking

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Sadly will be leaving this thread for a while as I have had a mmc confirmed today at 9+1. Has anyone had a d+c before? What was it like if you don’t mind sharing? I’m hoping to have this as I don’t really want to go through it all again as this is my second mc. Will be taking a cycle off and try again in March 🤞 will still be looking
Hi there, I'm so so sorry to read this. This happened to me in April at 9 weeks too 💔 I decided for d&c as i wanted it over with asap. In Australia it cost around £750 but may be free in the uk? It was done under anaesthetic and took only 15 mins. Still needed (and wanted) the day off work though. I found the whole process was quite dragged out tho as I had to take a tablet under my tongue (to open my cervix) which takes 2 hours to kick in, so I had to sit there waiting which made me even more upset - take some music or a book or you tube/Netflix to try and distract you - take your mind off it. One of the reasons I went for d&c too was that they can test the embryo / fetus for any chromosome issues - turned out mine was Trisomy 15 :( thinking of you at this hard time, I'm so sorry it happened to both of us :( xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Been for my 20 week scan, all good and measuring and growing as should 🥰🥰

However baby had their legs crossed so was hard to see gender. I didn’t say we had been told girl at a private scan as didn’t want to influence her opinion. She did point out the 3 lines but then said she was only 60% sure baby was a girl! So now we have been told a girl twice and been pointed out the 3 lines twice, no sign of any boy bits… do I need to return all the pink clothes I’ve bought or can I relax? I’m proper stressing 😫😫

• Heart
Reactions: 13

However baby had their legs crossed so was hard to see gender. I didn’t say we had been told girl at a private scan as didn’t want to influence her opinion. She did point out the 3 lines but then said she was only 60% sure baby was a girl! So now we have been told a girl twice and been pointed out the 3 lines twice, no sign of any boy bits… do I need to return all the pink clothes I’ve bought or can I relax? I’m proper stressing 😫😫
I've just been for mine and it looks like it's a girl. She said she could say 100% say it is as sometimes boys bits can tuck themselves away. But it seems highly likely it's a girl and they're just covering their back

• Heart
Reactions: 3

oh these baby’s don’t like to cooperate sometimes do they?😅 I’m sure baby will be a girl but to be certain could you go for another private scan? I’ve been in a panic reading about gender scans the past few nights idk why because with my other two I never doubted it. I think it’s because I’ve been reading many ‘told the wrong gender’ things. The three lines apparently don’t always indicate a girl which is what I’ve always been told so my head is gone 🤯….but you can tell with the bits. At this stage there is absolutely no mistaking boy bits. If I’m in the same situation as you Monday I’ll 100% be going for another private scan straight after.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ah I got to tick the 30-36 option!!! I’ve been waiting for this moment from when I first got pregnant and I’ve been using this thread to count down my pregnancy 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Finally told work yesterday and what a relief it is to not have to carry around a secret anymore. They have been very supportive and are very happy for me which isn't what I expected. Although, the questions about what I want to do for maternity leave already were a bit overwhelming.

I've struggled to sleep all night convinced I've jinxed myself by telling people I'm pregnant at 14w and now I'm worried in case something has happened. My scan was at 12+2 and everything was fine but what if its not now? I feel like a broken record but I just want the anxiety to lift so I can enjoy my pregnancy.

Consultants appt is on the 12th so hoping that might make me feel a little better.
I feel exactly the same, had scans at 10 and 12 weeks, still really anxious and not enjoying it.
Was going to buy some bits in the sales but I just couldn't because I thought I'd jinx it. When my friend was pregnant I'd spent a fortune by this point on gifts so I know I'm not just a cynical person!

Reactions: 2
Anyone had issues with rhesus antibodies before? I had prophylactic anti-D at 26 and 28 weeks and they’ve been doing my bloods basically weekly ever since because I had antibodies, today at 37 weeks got told to get bloods urgently, but no one has explained it properly at all other than the midwife this morning saying get them today and we might have to get her out early if they’re still high

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.