Pregnancy #27 sponsored by piles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So 24 hours pessary was put in just after 3. All my self induction techniques didn’t work as my cervix was still so far back and not dilated. 😩
Getting period cramps now but won’t be checked for another 3 hours 😩 partner has just left. Feeling very alone and sad tbh 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
The other hospital in the same trust only does c sections on mon, weds, fri? Which baffles me. I’m just at a loss.
When I was supposed to have my section with my last, I was offered a Tuesday or Thursday!

Hi ladies I need a bit of advice please. I called my drs Wednesday to inform them of my pregnancy so that the midwife could contact me. The receptionist told me she would call me the next day but she didn’t she didn’t call Friday or today. I’m worried because I think I’m further along than I originally thought. I’m really starting to show and I can feel baby move. I know there is no mistaking that feeling due to already having two children. I Hate been a pest and know that they are severely under staffed but Im worried about missing my 12W scan. What should I do? Is it possible for me to contact the maternity hospital directly myself?
Be a pest!!!
Can you self refer?

So 24 hours pessary was put in just after 3. All my self induction techniques didn’t work as my cervix was still so far back and not dilated. 😩
Getting period cramps now but won’t be checked for another 3 hours 😩 partner has just left. Feeling very alone and sad tbh 😭
Hang in there. The period cramps are how mine started and then things get going, so I’d take that as a good sign. Inductions can be slow ☹ You’re doing great. Is your husband not allowed to stay throughout?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi ladies I need a bit of advice please. I called my drs Wednesday to inform them of my pregnancy so that the midwife could contact me. The receptionist told me she would call me the next day but she didn’t she didn’t call Friday or today. I’m worried because I think I’m further along than I originally thought. I’m really starting to show and I can feel baby move. I know there is no mistaking that feeling due to already having two children. I Hate been a pest and know that they are severely under staffed but Im worried about missing my 12W scan. What should I do? Is it possible for me to contact the maternity hospital directly myself?
Can you find the number for the maternity department anywhere? I know some trusts you can self refer straight to them (not in mine though). Or I would ring first thing and insist someone rings back that morning and if not ring back in the afternoon and keep pestering. Tell them you think you are further gone. How far gone do you think you are?

Hang in there. The period cramps are how mine started and then things get going, so I’d take that as a good sign. Inductions can be slow ☹ You’re doing great. Is your husband not allowed to stay throughout?
I think they may be contractions as it’s not constant. They come in waves I guess but don’t last long and no where near as intense as with my previous children. My whole belly is going hard with them. I’ll see when they eventually monitor me again I guess. Nope he can come back tomorrow morning, obviously unless I go into active labour throughout the night and get transferred to delivery 😩 doesn’t feel right going through this alone. I have a huge fear of hospitals as well so I’m not coping well :(

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve had such a frustrating day. Went for my final growth scan and both babies are over 95th and 7lbs EACH! So the sonographer sent me to the midwife who said I might have diabetes so need to test my blood sugar everyday. The sonographer also said they aren’t low enough to look like theyre making their way out anytime soon. I asked about my c section date and got told there a massive list and they couldn’t fit me until 1St December. I would be 43 weeks at that point 🤪🤪🤪. I thought my issue would be keeping them in not getting them out! I’m so miserable and uncomfortable just at a loss at what to do. Going to have to just beg for an induction again now it seems like.
No point to this post just a rant 🥲
Ohh I’ve just finished testing my blood sugar every day! Had to do it 4x one day and 3x the next for a week! Results today - NO diabetes- just a ‘huge’ baby apparently! Waiting to see what the consultant says tomorrow😬. Good luck!

• Heart
Has anyone here experienced their waters breaking before?
The only time I’ve given birth I was induced so I have no idea how it feels.
I have a terrible pelvic floor and tend to piss myself slightly if I sneeze etc 😂
But.. I was just about to get in the shower and I felt a little treakle of wee coming out and I was like wtf I didn’t even sneeze, so I kind of ‘held’ myself if that makes sense, as if I was holding in a wee, then a bit more came out, but I literally couldn’t tell if it was just wee or not but I had no control over it 😂 it wasn’t a lot though, and I did need to wee a bit at the time. My other day just said jaysus don’t go into labour we are meant to be going on holiday tomorrow (cheers)
It’s stopped now, I had a shower and a tiny bit more came out, now I just feel normal and no longer need a pee but I’m just being paranoid?! I’m only 35 weeks so hoping it’s not anything to be worried about because it’s too early?!

I have a terrible pelvic floor and tend to piss myself slightly if I sneeze etc 😂
But.. I was just about to get in the shower and I felt a little treakle of wee coming out and I was like wtf I didn’t even sneeze, so I kind of ‘held’ myself if that makes sense, as if I was holding in a wee, then a bit more came out, but I literally couldn’t tell if it was just wee or not but I had no control over it 😂 it wasn’t a lot though, and I did need to wee a bit at the time. My other day just said jaysus don’t go into labour we are meant to be going on holiday tomorrow (cheers)
It’s stopped now, I had a shower and a tiny bit more came out, now I just feel normal and no longer need a pee but I’m just being paranoid?! I’m only 35 weeks so hoping it’s not anything to be worried about because it’s too early?!
If you’ve had a few trickles, I’d call triage and go get checked out

Reactions: 4
I think they may be contractions as it’s not constant. They come in waves I guess but don’t last long and no where near as intense as with my previous children. My whole belly is going hard with them. I’ll see when they eventually monitor me again I guess. Nope he can come back tomorrow morning, obviously unless I go into active labour throughout the night and get transferred to delivery 😩 doesn’t feel right going through this alone. I have a huge fear of hospitals as well so I’m not coping well :(
So sorry you’re alone. I hate how different hospitals vary.
they kept asking me if I was contracting and the period pain was getting stronger and more frequent. I kept reminding them I’ve never had a baby before and I don’t know what contractions feel like 😂 turns out I was.
I had a bath, it was lovely if they have that I really recommend x

I'm absolutely flabbergasted at what you've been told @Dipdab that it's the first of Nov and there's no room at the inn even though you've got fully developed twins ready to go, what the heck. I get that they are short staffed, but there must be some sort of reorganising that can be done.

Reactions: 3
Yep I’m technically full term on Thursday so anytime after that I’m overdue, thought I would have some sort of priority. But they just seem so understaffed and overrun
At the hospital here they don't let twin mommas go full term. 3 friends have had twins and they've gone in approx. 2 weeks beforehand either naturally or with a scheduled C section so this is super strange!!

Hoping yiu get some answers soon, lovely and that you're not too uncomfortable!!

Reactions: 1
Thanks everyone I’m going to try and calm down a bit (wish I could have a bottle of wine). And try and get some more answers tomrorow x
Honestly have a small glass and try and just relax! It’s absolutely ridiculous how you’re being treated. Can’t “fit you in” is just nonsense. Speak to PALS or the clinical director at the unit and try and stay calm and don’t be fobbed off until you have a plan you’re happy with. You’re clearly superwoman already though - I’ve got one 7lb baby on board and I just have no idea how you’re coping with double that!! Amazing xx

Can you find the number for the maternity department anywhere? I know some trusts you can self refer straight to them (not in mine though). Or I would ring first thing and insist someone rings back that morning and if not ring back in the afternoon and keep pestering. Tell them you think you are further gone. How far gone do you think you are?
I’m not too sure but possibly already 12-13 weeks. I’m going to give my drs a call tomorrow morning and see what they say. If she still doesn’t call me back then I will have to give my maternity hospital a call see if there is anything they can do.

my waters broke with my first and they trickled our all day then gushed everywhere about 10 hours later. You can tell if it’s your waters as it ‘pools’ if you sit for a long time then stand you will feel it. I also thought it was a bit ‘thicker’ than water and it had a smell like bleach.

• Heart
Have you smelt it? Does it smell like wee? Could it be sweat (had this with my last 😂😂) put a sanitary towel on and see if there’s anymore. I feel like I’m speaking from experience, but every baby I’ve had they’ve broken my waters

Aww I know this feeling. I had the pessary then three lots of gel and they would always say when they would be coming to examine me before moving to the next stage and then wouldn’t come til hours later and honestly it killed me. Hang in there ❤

• Heart
I think we have similar due dates (mines 29th Nov) and the past week or so my pants have been a lot wetter than normal and when I think I’m done weeing more suddenly comes out so I’ve been paranoid too but I think it might just be because baby’s head is so low and really pushing on my bladder and everything now!

He was 3/5ths engaged two weeks ago and I have a midwife appt tomorrow so I’m looking forward to seeing if he’s engaged any further but I think he is because the pressure and sensations I’ve been getting down there has really ramped up! Just hoping he holds out until at least 37 weeks next Monday so I can have my home birth 🤣

• Heart
This is my second baby and I’m totally freaking out thinking that I’m going to have the opposite gender to what we have. I know it’s irrational but I’m so worried about it and everyone just keeps telling me it’ll be fine, which I know it will. Anyone else struggled with the gender?

This is my second baby and I’m totally freaking out thinking that I’m going to have the opposite gender to what we have. I know it’s irrational but I’m so worried about it and everyone just keeps telling me it’ll be fine, which I know it will. Anyone else struggled with the gender?
How do you mean? Did you find out the gender and not believe them?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.