Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dipdab

VIP Member
Hi everyone my twin girls arrived yesterday via c section at exactly 37 weeks. Both weighed the same at 6lb 8oz! I lost a lot of blood during (common in twin deliveries I was told) so have been feeling a bit out of it! The midwives have been amazing and even got me a single room this morning as I was struggling in the ward with 2 cots and no space! Can’t believe they’re here! I can’t stop staring at them 😍

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Bexy bex bex

Hi ladies, so after all the potential pre eclampsia drama on Thursday I ended up back in the hospital at 2.30am Friday as contractions had started. It all progressed really fast and I only just got down for c section in time (was booked for next week) as baby was so far into birth canal. So baby boy Bex was born bright and early and a tiny 5lbs 12. 💙💙💙

• Heart
Reactions: 51

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
Okay so the induction was very fast But baby girl is here and she’s safe so that’s all that matters. She’s also super tiny at 6lbs which our last growth scan showed she was nearly 8lbs so I’m glad I still packed the tiny baby clothes I purchased.
Pessary inserted just after 3pm.
Baby arrived just after 11pm.
Partner arrived and walked through the door as her head was crowning.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

SavvyBee

VIP Member
So after umming and ahhing over options and induction dates our surprise baby boy decided to take the decision out of my hands and made his entrance on Tuesday morning 💙
Contractions started whilst we were out having dinner on Monday evening and between courses I decided to time them and my app quickly said it was established labour but things felt pretty manageable. So we wandered back to the hotel we’d checked in to for our last little treat night away (luckily only one 5 mins from home!), collected our bags and went home so I could have a bath and bounce on the ball, fully expecting things to die down again. Convinced hubby to get some sleep and I bounced on the ball and used the tens (absolute god send, best £25 I’ve spent!), I even managed to try and doze off between some of the contractions. We arrived at the hospital by 3am - the 5 minute drive was incredibly uncomfortable! Met a midwife and our consultant who told me I was 5cm dilated and straight off to a labour suite! Four hours later I was 9-10cm and ready to go. I was convinced he was back to back as the pressure in my back was unreal. I did debate an epidural at one point and then decided against. Gas and air didn’t do as much as I hoped (definitely no nice tipsy feeling!) but was a god send for breathing and focusing. Things got a bit overwhelming at times as my contractions were really strong and back to back, by the time it was time to push I felt pretty exhausted. Gave it all I could but he was struggling to get round the last little bend - they started mentioning his heart rate dropping, I asked for an epidural which I’m pretty sure everyone laughed at, and then I agreed (in fact I think I may have begged) for some help to just get him out with the suction cup. Few pushes later and he arrived 💙 7lbs 11oz of pure love.

The ventouse meant having a small episiotomy which has had a few stitches but no other tears or grazes. We stayed in overnight, he passed his gestational diabetes checks like a pro, needs his hearing test re done but hoping that’s just fluid in his ears. Unfortunately I got told I’d swabbed positive for covid just before I got discharged so we are having to isolate now at home - I think it might be from what I thought was a cold a few weeks ago though as I feel fine and have had two negative LF tests (as have husband and Mum who are the only people I’ve really seen!). A few bonus days getting to know each other - and decide on a name - is maybe a blessing in disguise though.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I did it! After what feels like an eternity… I’m finally 12 weeks! Been for another scan today (my 5th!) and all looking good. Feel like I can breathe a sign of relief for now…. Thankyou to all you lovely ladies on this thread for getting me through it 🥰🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 36

ktypage

Well everyone.. after my failed sweep and no signs of labour.. I woke up last night about 1:30am with a “bad tummy”. The cramps got worse, monitored with the Freya app and this was soon telling me it was time to get to hospital!
Got to triage at about 0430 .. they didn’t think I was that advance, I was 5cm dilated and constantly contracting!
Transferred to delivery- I went to the toilet and just couldn’t get off 🤣 managed to get on the bed and before I knew it I was fully dilated!

0730 on the dot, baby Oliver arrived weighing 7ibs 9oz. Absolutely in love and I feel like superwoman right now!
Already home and wrapped up on the sofa 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Beach88

Baby girl arrived on the 11th after an induction that led to an emergency c section.

I haven’t had a chance to catch up on this thread, we are still in hospital recovering from some complications. My head hasn’t landed yet after everything that’s happened to me, still processing it all. Been booked in for a chat to tell me what happened and why. My partner got some lovely photos of moments I don’t remember, hurts my heart that I don’t remember babies first time on my boob. Mr B has been my rock, couldn’t have done it without him. He’s also being well looked after in terms of watching what happened during and after birth.

Breastfeeding has been going really well and I am feeling very lucky to have such a clever baby girl who loves the boob. So happy.

Midwifes, drs, nurses, all on labour and delivery are superhero’s. They really care and do a fantastic job.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Hello my lovely ladies… after spending half of the morning crying at my boss or trying not to be sick, I made it to my “12 week” scan.

Measuring 11 weeks exactly which is what I thought from my reassurance scans… slightly too small to do the screenings so I’m booked in again for next week to do those.

Baby was wriggling around, stretching it’s legs out and still has a strong healthy heartbeat. I’ve been to tell my mum tonight and feel so much better already...until my next scan comes up where I’ll be shitting myself again 🤣 really really hoping this is a sign of good things to come… can I relax slightly?! ❤🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 31

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Hi everyone,

Gosh, I am so relieved. My 8 week scan went well – measured one day ahead and also heartbeat of 170bpm. Looked cute AF, and found it was a girl (genetically tested embryo so they knew from the start but I was too scared to know in case it all went wrong like last time).

I was a wreck… tears, my body was shaking, I kept shutting my legs as was scared to know etc. I even fasted (not even any water) all day as I was convinced I’d gatecrash surgery upstairs for surgical removal if there was no heartbeat again.

Got a long way to go but very very relieved after today – might actually get some sleep tonight! Miscarriage chances are less than 5% now apparently but honestly, who knows!

Good luck to others who are also at the early pregnancy scan stage 😘😘😘😘xxx xxxx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Dipdab

VIP Member
The hospital have told me I am now “provisionally” booked in for Friday. So trying to remain positive and manifest that it will happen and I will have bonfire night babies 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Thanks everyone for all your support yesterday I never thought the end of pregnancy would be so stressful!

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Tally-O

Just wanted to thank you ladies for all the advice on here. I've been lurking for a while and decided to finally join. I'm 25wks with our first rainbow baby. Still feels very surreal!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

noseyqueen14

Chatty Member
Just back from the hospital. What an emotional day!! Baby is all ok it still wasn’t moving when we got there but after about 20 minutes started moving again. Just before they were going to take me off of the monitor it started being it’s normal self wriggling about everywhere. Such a relief but even the doctor said they’d rather see you than not. Thanks everyone for your kind words and well wishes. Hopefully next time we’re there it will be for the baby coming!😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 22

SavvyBee

VIP Member
I’m having a baby this month! 😱😱😱
I don’t know whether to laugh, cry, be excited or absolutely sh*t myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

SavvyBee

VIP Member
After the umming and ahhing about sweeps and inductions I think my contractions have started! Woke up at 3am and they’ve been every ten minutes or so since for around 50-60 seconds each. Been dozing in between fairly easily but getting a bit more uncomfortable so have just got up to finish my work handover notes whilst sat on the ball! I know I could be like this on and off for days yet so not getting my hopes up too much but feeling good that something is starting to happen! 🤞🏼😬

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Dipdab

VIP Member
I’ve had such a frustrating day. Went for my final growth scan and both babies are over 95th and 7lbs EACH! So the sonographer sent me to the midwife who said I might have diabetes so need to test my blood sugar everyday. The sonographer also said they aren’t low enough to look like theyre making their way out anytime soon. I asked about my c section date and got told there a massive list and they couldn’t fit me until 1St December. I would be 43 weeks at that point 🤪🤪🤪. I thought my issue would be keeping them in not getting them out! I’m so miserable and uncomfortable just at a loss at what to do. Going to have to just beg for an induction again now it seems like.
No point to this post just a rant 🥲

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Belle Amie

VIP Member
Congratulations ladies of the thread with new babies! Hope the recovery for you all goes well xx

I went to the baby and toddler show and my boyfriend refused to take me to Krispy Kreme after, so I may now be raising my baby on my own as that’s grounds for separation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Celeste

Chatty Member
We've had a private scan booked for weeks, it's in a few hours. I should be around 10 weeks today. I'm so nervous. 😬 We had an early scan at 6 weeks to check the placement and saw the yolk sac then, this feels more daunting somehow. Just needed a safe place to share with people who will understand!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

SonicTheSpikeyThing

Chatty Member
So 24 hours pessary was put in just after 3. All my self induction techniques didn’t work as my cervix was still so far back and not dilated. 😩
Getting period cramps now but won’t be checked for another 3 hours 😩 partner has just left. Feeling very alone and sad tbh 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18