Pregnancy #27 sponsored by piles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey Fishstix, pls don't feel guilty - you're still with the same company so all good. Even if you weren't, we're entitled to this 🥰 my company is currently making redundancies (the role I'm acting in has been made redundant so I'm back to my lower paid substantive position) which has been a real wake up call - we're just a number and they don't give a tit about us so why should we beat ourselves up too much or feel guilty about these things xxx 💜💜
Thanks so much!! Ahhh that's so crap! So sorry that's happened to you. I completely get where you're coming from. It makes you feel so worthless and then makes you wonder why should you bother!! Hoping things on the work front look up for you soon xxx

Honestly, don’t. I applied and was successful getting a promotion whilst actually on maternity leave with my last baby, and they gave it to me knowing I wouldn’t actually be back to work for months on end. Even if the interviewers had known, they’d still have hired you!
Thank you.💖 that's amazing to hear!!! I'm hoping my employer is just as good. When I had my interview and didn't know about little bean (I found out the day after) they asked me if I had any hidden agendas.... er nope. I think that's maybe where the guilt is coming from and plus I feel like I'm lying to them! Makes me feel a little better that others have been in this position.
I have similar timing 😀 I accepted an internal role at 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby (I did tell the hiring manager who was lovely about it - just had this overwhelming urge to let her know 🤣) and then this time I am TUPE’ing across to another company this month (out of my hands this time though!) but will be there 5 months before going on mat leave 😀

I have felt guilty both times, but we shouldn’t! ❤
That's me right now!!! How strange! I'm 5.5 weeks pregnant with my first except I haven't told my line manager about it after having an early MC in June. I've not even told them about that yet! I feel so much better hearing this though. I think it also doesn't help that the last person in this team who went on maternity was about.... 15 years ago????? It's also so busy at the moment in my team (working in finance, month end, year end, audit time, etc.) just worrying about all that already. Going to try not to though. This is my time for my little bean and I'm going to make the most of it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
That's me right now!!! How strange! I'm 5.5 weeks pregnant with my first except I haven't told my line manager about it after having an early MC in June. I've not even told them about that yet! I feel so much better hearing this though. I think it also doesn't help that the last person in this team who went on maternity was about.... 15 years ago????? It's also so busy at the moment in my team (working in finance, month end, year end, audit time, etc.) just worrying about all that already. Going to try not to though. This is my time for my little bean and I'm going to make the most of it xx
Aw I’m sure they will be absolutely fine about it and if not there isn’t really a lot they can do. Pregnancy and maternity are protected characteristics in the UK, so you enjoy your pregnancy and then enjoy your maternity leave with your lovely new baby when the time comes! ❤

Reactions: 3
I’ve had such a frustrating day. Went for my final growth scan and both babies are over 95th and 7lbs EACH! So the sonographer sent me to the midwife who said I might have diabetes so need to test my blood sugar everyday. The sonographer also said they aren’t low enough to look like theyre making their way out anytime soon. I asked about my c section date and got told there a massive list and they couldn’t fit me until 1St December. I would be 43 weeks at that point 🤪🤪🤪. I thought my issue would be keeping them in not getting them out! I’m so miserable and uncomfortable just at a loss at what to do. Going to have to just beg for an induction again now it seems like.
No point to this post just a rant 🥲

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I’ve had such a frustrating day. Went for my final growth scan and both babies are over 95th and 7lbs EACH! So the sonographer sent me to the midwife who said I might have diabetes so need to test my blood sugar everyday. The sonographer also said they aren’t low enough to look like theyre making their way out anytime soon. I asked about my c section date and got told there a massive list and they couldn’t fit me until 1St December. I would be 43 weeks at that point 🤪🤪🤪. I thought my issue would be keeping them in not getting them out! I’m so miserable and uncomfortable just at a loss at what to do. Going to have to just beg for an induction again now it seems like.
That seems absolutely mental to me that they ‘can’t fit you in’! What are you supposed to do? Can you get it at another hospital?

I bet you’re uncomfortable. I’m so surprised they can’t get you in sooner. Try to remember the growth scans can be inaccurate. Hope your babies arrive soon x

That seems absolutely mental to me that they ‘can’t fit you in’! What are you supposed to do? Can you get it at another hospital?
The other hospital in the same trust only does c sections on mon, weds, fri? Which baffles me. I’m just at a loss.

• Sad
That’s mad I thought you’d be a lot earlier as you’re having twins! When will you find out if you have GD? Surely if that’s positive then they’ll have to get you in a lot sooner?

Reactions: 1
That’s mad I thought you’d be a lot earlier as you’re having twins! When will you find out if you have GD? Surely if that’s positive then they’ll have to get you in a lot sooner?
Yep I’m technically full term on Thursday so anytime after that I’m overdue, thought I would have some sort of priority. But they just seem so understaffed and overrun

They will make you a priority, if you don't feel comfortable with the induction process don't fight for it keep pushing and reminding them that your basically full term this week and you need that c section. I'd gently remind them that your classed as term at 37 weeks for a reason as there's higher risk with multiples of placentas failing early & if you do have late GD there's even more reason why you should be top of the list. On csection day I was told my section would always trump a singleton csection because of the risks, unless there is an emergency. Don't feel you have to settle just because they're understaffed they have a duty of care to you, and Dip & Dab! If your more comfortable with a c section at this point (I can't even imagine how uncomfortable you are now) keep pushing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Firstly, you are an absolute SUPERHERO. You are doing amazingly. Secondly, I thought it was commonplace to get twins out at 37 weeks ?! You are in the UK aren’t you? Absolute madness! Push very hard with them and seek second opinions because that’s totally not on xxx

Reactions: 6
That’s good 😊 it sounds really rough though 😭
Today was my first official day of maternity leave and I’ve heard absolutely nothing since applying for it 2 months ago! Does anyone know what the story with it is?
Has your company not sent you any information about it? Maybe contact your HR team to confirm and get them to answer your questions?

I’m only 16weeks and haven’t told any of my colleagues but had to tell my line manager in order to get the time off to go to appointments and they’ve literally just today sent me through loads of documentation about my maternity entitlement, forms to fill in about when I want it to start, info on having a health and safety assessment etc. my immediate reaction was very much ‘already?!’ but at least they’re on top of it.

Thanks everyone I’m going to try and calm down a bit (wish I could have a bottle of wine). And try and get some more answers tomrorow x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This should link you to do the NICE guidance for timing of twin deliveries. These are what they ought to be following. It is absolutely not acceptable to tell you the next slot is December.

If they don’t budge, insist on speaking to the inpatient service manager, or failing that, head of midwifery

Reactions: 4
Has your company not sent you any information about it? Maybe contact your HR team to confirm and get them to answer your questions?

I’m only 16weeks and haven’t told any of my colleagues but had to tell my line manager in order to get the time off to go to appointments and they’ve literally just today sent me through loads of documentation about my maternity entitlement, forms to fill in about when I want it to start, info on having a health and safety assessment etc. my immediate reaction was very much ‘already?!’ but at least they’re on top of it.
Im
Not entitled to it from my company because I was only with them a few months and you need to be there for over a year! I was referring to the statutory but I’ll just wait 😊

Im
Not entitled to it from my company because I was only with them a few months and you need to be there for over a year! I was referring to the statutory but I’ll just wait 😊
Oh how annoying (both the no entitlement from company but also silence on the statutory). Hope it gets sorted for you soon!

• Heart
I've got mine today too, hope yours goes well!
All good at ours, and she’s still a girl. She wouldn’t behave for the cameras though so they had to really jab the scanner in there! Hope yours went ok too?

It’s quite amazing the detail they can see - like checking the blood direction in all the bits of the heart. Incredible! 🤯

• Heart
All good at ours, and she’s still a girl. She wouldn’t behave for the cameras though so they had to really jab the scanner in there! Hope yours went ok too?

It’s quite amazing the detail they can see - like checking the blood direction in all the bits of the heart. Incredible! 🤯
We didn't find out but yes, all good thank you! Ours was exactly the same, very uncooperative, just the same as our little girl was... Now terrified this new one will be at stubborn as she is 😂

So cute though, baby kept resting its head back on it's arm/hand and then grabbed hold of it's foot with its hand, did a little yoga haha.

• Heart
Hi ladies I need a bit of advice please. I called my drs Wednesday to inform them of my pregnancy so that the midwife could contact me. The receptionist told me she would call me the next day but she didn’t she didn’t call Friday or today. I’m worried because I think I’m further along than I originally thought. I’m really starting to show and I can feel baby move. I know there is no mistaking that feeling due to already having two children. I Hate been a pest and know that they are severely under staffed but Im worried about missing my 12W scan. What should I do? Is it possible for me to contact the maternity hospital directly myself?

1st December at 43 weeks 😱 my goodness that is crazy especially with twins that are already 7lbs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.