Pregnancy #27 sponsored by piles

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I know I'll get tit for it. I'll also get hell for the fact we're telling my husbands family first but I know if we didn't it'd be all over social media in 5 minutes where as my husbands family have restraint. I mean, we told his cousin a few weeks ago (and when I say told, I mean she guessed!) and she's told no one. My family wouldn't be like that.

I've found the people who tell me to cut them out, have never actually done it. It's also a very final decision which is almost impossible to come back from and sometimes as long as you can keep your distance, it really is easier just to keep it that way. Although my husband doesn't think I'll still be able to bite my tongue once the baby is here.

My problem is I find it hard when they comment on my husband, where as he'd just let it slide. My husband is the kindest, most generous, understanding, caring and loving person in the world. He also happens to be a good few years older than me. Something I clearly knew going in, but without fail there is always a comment. And not the jokey type comments friends make. I don't think I'll be able to keep a lid on it if there are any comments about him when we tell them finally.
Just wanted to say I'm sorry you guys are in this position. I'd been maintaining minimal contact with my mum for many years, and it was fine / manageable until I got married. It was still the right decision (and I agree with @Kaylarina that cutting out entirely would have been way harder). But just wanted to acknowledge that these big life events that traditionally involve family can be really hard.

As an aside and to share a good news story, mum has really changed since the wedding, to the extent that, whilst we are still not super close, I no longer have to put up protective barriers with her. I'm actually optimistic about her being a grandmother.

I'm not suggesting this is how it goes for everyone. It has been a long, difficult process for both of us, and it's a rare outcome, but it sometimes happens.

Most importantly though - it would NEVER have happened if I'd let her just carry with no boundaries. Keep doing whatever you need to prioritise the health and happiness of you and your own budding family @jackolantern.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Congratulations @ktypage !! Imagine being home so quickly, you’re a superhero! Sounds like it all went so well for you 🥰 and welcome to baby Oliver 😘 (I have an Oliver too!)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.