Pregnancy #26 Sponsored by Beryl and Keith

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh, just missed Smallpotato :(
So happy to hear from her and see that she hasn't lost her humor ❤ Also great that the Potatofarm has such a good support network, it's so important.

So I thought it was d-day yesterday! Baby was acting a bit restless, I started to have cramps and became restless. Turns out I just needed to poop 🙃🎉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Is it a thing to be more clumsy when pregnant? I swear I'm so much clumsier than usual. Just managed to slice my own chin open with my thumb nail when straightening my hair 🤣 stupid things like this happen to me every day at the moment!

Reactions: 2
Is it a thing to be more clumsy when pregnant? I swear I'm so much clumsier than usual. Just managed to slice my own chin open with my thumb nail when straightening my hair 🤣 stupid things like this happen to me every day at the moment!
In the last week I've smashed a drinks bottle, a glass, a mug and I've dropped cocoa powder all over the floor. My partner refuses to believe it's pregnancy related because I'm a bit of a klutz anyway.... Not to that extent!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Every SINGLE meal I’ve had for the last two weeks, I’ve dropped some of it down me. The other day I had to change twice because I couldn’t go to meetings with stains down me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Y
Yes I drop everything and burned my ear with straighteners 😂😂

• Haha
My bump was always covered in my food 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ Doesn’t get any better now I’ve had the baby as I’m always starving while feeling him so baby often has crumbs in their hair and neck 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Had an awful ear ache during the night and have woken up feeling like I’m coming down with a cold, joyful. What are you allowed to take to help head it off? As if getting up 7 times for a wee wasn’t quite annoying enough… I feel like I’ll get more sleep with a newborn at this rate

Every SINGLE meal I’ve had for the last two weeks, I’ve dropped some of it down me. The other day I had to change twice because I couldn’t go to meetings with stains down me 😂
Yes!!! I literally wear my dinner currently 😂😂 I dropped a can of sweet corn the other day. The can was open. Made such a mess.

Had an awful ear ache during the night and have woken up feeling like I’m coming down with a cold, joyful. What are you allowed to take to help head it off? As if getting up 7 times for a wee wasn’t quite annoying enough… I feel like I’ll get more sleep with a newborn at this rate
Basically you're stuck with paracetamol and honey and lemon drinks. Good luck!
We've all been ill in our house for weeks as the toddler keeps bringing home everything from nursery 🙄

• Heart
Just wanted to get some reassurance.. I'm 25+3 and up until Monday baby has been very very active, constantly kicking and moving every single day without fail. Movement was all normal Sunday. I had a bit of a lazy day Monday just lay around on my day off but noticed I didn't feel much movement at all which I thought was strange, even Monday night when I was lying down. Now I'm trying not to panic as i had a scan last Mon at 24w and all was well and I do have an anterior low placenta so I'm thinking maybe baby has moved position or my placenta has started to move up (if so thank god as C Section was possibility if it didn't) and is blocking some of her movement.
I didn't want to call hospital today as this is my first and I don't want to be that person who is pestering them when they are busy enough but if I don't feel anything by this evening I'm wondering if I should for my own peace of mind. I haven't had any other symptoms like bleeding or pain etc.

Has anyone else had this and all was OK

• Heart
Just wanted to get some reassurance.. I'm 25+3 and up until Monday baby has been very very active, constantly kicking and moving every single day without fail. Movement was all normal Sunday. I had a bit of a lazy day Monday just lay around on my day off but noticed I didn't feel much movement at all which I thought was strange, even Monday night when I was lying down. Now I'm trying not to panic as i had a scan last Mon at 24w and all was well and I do have an anterior low placenta so I'm thinking maybe baby has moved position or my placenta has started to move up (if so thank god as C Section was possibility if it didn't) and is blocking some of her movement.
I didn't want to call hospital today as this is my first and I don't want to be that person who is pestering them when they are busy enough but if I don't feel anything by this evening I'm wondering if I should for my own peace of mind. I haven't had any other symptoms like bleeding or pain etc.

Always call if you're worried, even in the slightest. Don't wait❤

Reactions: 5

I had this about the same sort of time and it was just that he’d turned inwards as they’re still quite small at that age. The hospital would prefer you call them if you’re worried though. Try having a sugary drink and lay on your side and see if that makes them move, if not I’d call up, most likely it is fine but better to get checked x

Midwife told me I could still use vicks vapour rub and one of those nasal stick things (can’t think of the name it’s like a lip balm for your nose that smells like menthol). You can always try inhaling steam too to clear congestion x

• Heart
Our local trust routinely scans you at around 6 weeks if you've had a previous ectopic. This morning we saw our tiny baby and everything looks perfect for 6+2! So delighted. ❤ They did say I have a 5cm cyst on my right ovary though which has worried me, they said they'll check at the next scan that it's got smaller but to call if I have pain in the meantime. Did anyone else have this?!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

They do say they don't expect it to be consistent until about 28 weeks due to the size of the babe, but definitely worth checking for the peace of mind. I'd probs have something like a Mars bar and see if that gives baby a nudge, but if not then this is the exact sort of stuff the unit is there to reassure you with. Good luck!

Our local trust routinely scans you at around 6 weeks if you've had a previous ectopic. This morning we saw our tiny baby and everything looks perfect for 6+2! So delighted. ❤ They did say I have a 5cm cyst on my right ovary though which has worried me, they said they'll check at the next scan that it's got smaller but to call if I have pain in the meantime. Did anyone else have this?!
Excellent news! Yes I had a private scan at 8 weeks and was told there was a cyst on my ovary. At my nhs dating scan they didn’t seem concerned by it and by my 16 week scan it had gone.

• Heart

Please pester. Never, ever feel like you are inconveniencing the hospital. It is always so much easier to sort a problem (if there is one) if its caught early. I ended up doing a 5 hour emergent appendectomy at 2am on Sunday because the patient didn't want to bother us. Ended up being brought in by ambulance. Whereas if he'd come in when he first felt sick the procedure would have taken at most, an hour. Please do not feel like you can't call. Any concern is a valid concern.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.