Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but how do you know what size to buy?! Should I stock up on size 1 only for the first few weeks? I have no idea haha. I want to make use of this offer!!
Most of them have the weights on them šŸ˜Š makes sure you look though because tesco size 1s are up to 5lb. Where as sainsbury's size ones are up to 7 or 8lb

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Those cheeky wipes? Where would you get them and would you need to get a lot of them and would you have to be constantly be putting them in for a wash when the baby poops/pee?

Advice for anyone who doesn't know what brand to use. Grab a pack from each place before baby is born.. You'll go through them quick enough and you'll be able to find the ones you like.

Reactions: 4
Those cheeky wipes? Where would you get them and would you need to get a lot of them and would you have to be constantly be putting them in for a wash when the baby poops/pee?
I got mine from Amazon, I don't find im doing extra washing or anything like that. I got 6 packs of 25.

I've not managed to venture outside of the house with the twins yetšŸ˜‚ but I probably would.

No i have to look past the fact PTWM uses them šŸ˜‚
Thereā€™s so many options out there!! How do you wet them? With the spray bottle or under water/bowl of water?

Reactions: 1
Thereā€™s so many options out there!! How do you wet them? With the spray bottle or under water/bowl of water?
I wet them when I need them. I only use water on them and just wet them under the tap when they are needed. I use cheeky wipes but Iā€™m pretty sure these days any brand off eBay or Amazon is probably just as good!

Do you take normal wipes when you go out? @Definitelyme ? They have a starter pack on Amazon for Ā£21

I donā€™t know if I could go for cheeky wipes, thanks to PTWM šŸ˜‚
Yes I use them when out as well šŸ˜Š I keep a stash of them in the change bag and just wet them when out (usually we just change al fresco and I use the water from one of the kids water bottles to wet them) and Chuck them in a wet bag with the nappies.

I got mine as a gift actually, just from the cheeky wipes own site. But you can get loads of cheaper brands now, Iā€™d just Google reusable wipes. I have probably about 50 in total (I wash the nappies and wipes every 3 days). When we go to my in laws we use disposable nappies but still use cheeky wipes, and I wash them every 2-3 days, I usually do a rinse cycle and then Chuck in a load of normal washing with them.

Iā€™m really intrigued about these - I have reusable sanitary pads and make up pads and think theyā€™re far superior and would definitely be interested in looking at something like this. Cloth nappies terrify me if Iā€™m honest šŸ˜‚
I totally get why the nappies seem scary! If you have a nappy library near you you can hire a kit and try them out without the expense of buying šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh man! I mean I wouldnā€™t mind a resurgence if it actually went away in the middle bit šŸ˜‚. Did you ever take any time off with it? Most days Iā€™m making it through, but not really feeling my best. Itā€™s sitting with the sticky feeling thatā€™s difficult.
I've been off since the start of September, eek.
Had morning sickness 7-10 weeks, then I was normal, then it came back at 22 weeks. At 29 weeks with that + insomnia + constipation I just felt done in, so I went off and just haven't managed to get back yet :oops:. Current tablets stop me mostly BEING sick, but they make me super drowsy and dizzy instead, like I don't always feel safe to drive which is annoying.
Determined to do get back though, I need to write my handover guides for my mat cover! I work in education and there's routine stuff that needs doing every week, and some cyclical stuff that if you don't do it over summer and spend hours doing the prep and set up, comes back to bite you in the new academic year. Not feeling too guilty about missing the start of the semester as I had a lot of stuff prepped and ready to go, but I know that next year I'll be coming back to a load of tit if the cover person doesn't realise there's loads they should be cracking on with and thinks they have loads of doss time because there's not as much stuff that needs doing there and then.
(My job is pretty autonomous - boss only cares about outcomes and doesn't really know what I actually *do* to get there, so won't know what the person *should* be doing and on what timeline - just that it'll be me back in post when outcomes are due!)

I'm signed off into the 4 weeks before my due date, but I'm going to force myself back a couple of days earlier so as not to trigger it. I'll be back for 9 working days so surely I can grit my teeth those couple of weeks šŸ˜­ and then I've got 11 days of annual leave to use up before starting maternity leave proper. Looking online it only seems to say that your employer *can* start your maternity within 4 weeks of your DD, it's not automatic - don;t wanna risk it though.

• Heart
Irrational panic - just realised I took a cocodamol rather than paracetamol to help with some back pain (38 weeks). Googling says do not take codeine šŸ˜© Iā€™m scared Iā€™ve hurt the baby, anyone awake who can advise?

Irrational panic - just realised I took a cocodamol rather than paracetamol to help with some back pain (38 weeks). Googling says do not take codeine šŸ˜© Iā€™m scared Iā€™ve hurt the baby, anyone awake who can advise?
Hey, try not to panic! I think the one off is absolutely fine. I think itā€™s when itā€™s taken regularly as it is an addictive drug and babies can have have withdrawal from it (Iā€™ve just been googling) as itā€™s a type of opioid.

Have a read under the subheading ā€œ Pain, such as headache or backacheā€ in the link below.

Hope youā€™re ok!!

• Heart
@ThePidge thank you so much! I grabbed the packet sleepily and only after looking again did I realise my mistake šŸ™ˆ been working myself up into a frenzy but the link is very reassuring. I think the back pain might be braxton hicks but struggling to get comfortable and sleep, hopefully now Iā€™ll calm down a bit and get some rest. I can feel little man moving about ok šŸ¤žšŸ»Such a drama queen šŸ˜©

@ThePidge thank you so much! I grabbed the packet sleepily and only after looking again did I realise my mistake šŸ™ˆ been working myself up into a frenzy but the link is very reassuring. I think the back pain might be braxton hicks but struggling to get comfortable and sleep, hopefully now Iā€™ll calm down a bit and get some rest. I can feel little man moving about ok šŸ¤žšŸ»Such a drama queen šŸ˜©
No youā€™re not at all, I would have done the exact same thing as you and panicked šŸ˜‚ I put deep heat on my husbands back once and got myself all worried as it was all over my hands and it said not recommended during pregnancyšŸ˜‚šŸ‘ŠšŸ» Itā€™s so easily done and google is never the best when youā€™re in a panic!!

If youā€™re still worried contact your MW tomorrow, but Iā€™m sure you and babe will be OK!

You won't have hurt baby. Don't worry. They do prescribe it during pregnancy so you certainly won't have hurt baby. When taking it regularly, there's a chance when born they can have withdrawal as it can be addictive, same as it can for the person taking it. But taking it once, will not be an issue at all.
If you are worried, just let your midwife know when you see her that you took one. And I'm sure it'll be fine šŸ˜Š

Hi all.

Can anyone please tell me how long they stayed in for after a planned c-section and what week they were booked in for?

Im realising all births are different but I am just wondering whatā€™s average for a uncomplicated birth with no NICU?

Would appreciate hearing any experiences to help me pack! Thanks.
Usually 39 weeks+ for a planned c section, I had mine at 39 exactly with my last. We were in for 1 night and managed to get home by 6pm the next day after a section at 9am šŸ˜Š they like chucking you out ASAP at my trust šŸ˜‚ essentially you have to do like 3 big weeks (they make you weigh them itā€™s so wild) and some other bits and bobs that I canā€™t really remember and obviously that baby is ok then they discharge you.

I was in triage at 27 weeks and given codeine for pelvic pain. Plus they gave it to me during my first induction- so surely not an issue as a one off accident

Hi all.

Can anyone please tell me how long they stayed in for after a planned c-section and what week they were booked in for?

Im realising all births are different but I am just wondering whatā€™s average for a uncomplicated birth with no NICU?

Would appreciate hearing any experiences to help me pack! Thanks.
It depends on the reason. They book a csection for a lady with gest diabetes either wek 37 or 38. High BMI week 39 I believe.

You have to be able to walk a little, go to the toilet and baby needs to be feeding.

Eta: has a your struggle with BF but hospital have let let go home a ywha? We had to stay got days until I gave up and tried a bottle (continued to try bf at home for weeks after)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.