Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK so I was going to the hospital this morning but I've woken up and it's not as bad. Still hurts but there's a difference. It also wasn't as bad in the night.
This is a good sign. But now I'm thinking it can't be DVT and maybe it's going!

Reactions: 1
Irrational panic - just realised I took a cocodamol rather than paracetamol to help with some back pain (38 weeks). Googling says do not take codeine 😩 I’m scared I’ve hurt the baby, anyone awake who can advise?
My doctor has prescribed me codeine for back panic where i can take 1 or 2 every 6 hours - I haven’t, I’ve taken one at a time and only one a day but not everyday - but you will be fine :)

So at my perinatal appointment yesterday the psychiatrist casually mentioned that apparently they rarely let women on lithium go overdue and therefore they might want to discuss induction… first time I’d heard anything about this and it was only because I was saying my midwife teases me about potentially having a Christmas Day baby if she’s a week late.

Anyway, I know lots of ladies here have shared positive experiences of induction, which is great. I’ve just been researching and I’m wondering how much say I’ll get in the process. For example, can I refuse a sweep and move straight to the next step? Given my anxiety around Vaginal exams, The idea of a sweep genuinely sends me into a sweaty panic.

So at my perinatal appointment yesterday the psychiatrist casually mentioned that apparently they rarely let women on lithium go overdue and therefore they might want to discuss induction… first time I’d heard anything about this and it was only because I was saying my midwife teases me about potentially having a Christmas Day baby if she’s a week late.

Anyway, I know lots of ladies here have shared positive experiences of induction, which is great. I’ve just been researching and I’m wondering how much say I’ll get in the process. For example, can I refuse a sweep and move straight to the next step? Given my anxiety around Vaginal exams, The idea of a sweep genuinely sends me into a sweaty panic.
You have as much say in it as you like.

You can refuse all sweeps.

During my induction, they only did a sweep when she removed the pessary. So she was already up there anyway 😂
That's the only time I was given one during induction. But she did ask whether I wanted her to or not

You'll be put on the 24 hour pessary first, usually.
Which they only remove if either your waters start leaking or contractions come on too frequent.
That's the only time you'll have someone down there until they remove it 😊

Inserting the pessary is a little bit better than a sweep because they don't have to go up so far with their fingers.

(I don't know if it helps knowing in more detail, but it does for me personally) 😊

Hey, about the pregnancy vitamines. So I asked my gynaegologist yesterday if I should continue to take them as they make me feel sick and she said I don't have to if I keep having a balanced diet. I'm still taking vitamine D as that isn't making me feel nauseous and she said that's ok.
So I'd recommended everyone who's feeling sick after taking them to discuss it with their gynaecologist or midwife.

For my bleeding gums I was recommended to use Parodontax tooth paste. Tastes foul (salty), but hoping it'll help. Was woken up this night again because my gums randomly started bleeding like crazy 😳

• Heart
Reactions: 4
OK so I was going to the hospital this morning but I've woken up and it's not as bad. Still hurts but there's a difference. It also wasn't as bad in the night.
Dont want to frighten you ans I'm sure it's not dvt BUT...I know somebody who died of dvt. He txt all his family about week before he died saying his symptoms had improved. I'd personally get checked out today.

Reactions: 3
Dont want to frighten you ans I'm sure it's not dvt BUT...I know somebody who died of dvt. He txt all his family about week before he died saying his symptoms had improved. I'd personally get checked out today.
I would advise getting checked out too... it may be a hassle to sit in hospital but surely it’s not worth the risk xx

Reactions: 6

I have refused sweeps, you absolutely can. You don’t have to have any vaginal intervention that you don’t want

Reactions: 2
You have as much say in it as you like.

You can refuse all sweeps.

During my induction, they only did a sweep when she removed the pessary. So she was already up there anyway 😂
That's the only time I was given one during induction. But she did ask whether I wanted her to or not

You'll be put on the 24 hour pessary first, usually.
Which they only remove if either your waters start leaking or contractions come on too frequent.
That's the only time you'll have someone down there until they remove it 😊

Inserting the pessary is a little bit better than a sweep because they don't have to go up so far with their fingers.

(I don't know if it helps knowing in more detail, but it does for me personally) 😊
Thanks, that’s really helpful. I think I can cope with the idea of pessary, just about.

I’m just trying to tell myself that if they do go for an induction at least I’ll have more of a plan and it might not feel as overwhelming as spontaneous labour 😂😬

• Heart
13+2 now, still exhausted, still can't poop, still sick as a dog - when does this bleeping glow start? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sometimes the symptoms can disappear if the clot breaks off and travels upwards. I’m not saying this is the case but as the ladies have said it just isn’t worth the risk! It can literally happen to anyone 🤷‍♀️

13+2 now, still exhausted, still can't poop, still sick as a dog - when does this bleeping glow start? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
When the kids have left home and retirement begins 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It doesn’t.. lol. 35 weeks now and my skin has never been as bad in my life.. the constipation I had in the first and beginning of the second trimester were next level… I’d be on the bowl for hours 😭 get some prune juice

It depends on the reason. They book a csection for a lady with gest diabetes either wek 37 or 38. High BMI week 39 I believe.

You have to be able to walk a little, go to the toilet and baby needs to be feeding.

Eta: has a your struggle with BF but hospital have let let go home a ywha? We had to stay got days until I gave up and tried a bottle (continued to try bf at home for weeks after)
Thanks for the replies everyone.

It’s just because of my age. They’d let me labour naturally if I wanted to, but wouldn’t refuse me a planned c section if I wanted it. I got the impression the consultant was leaning towards a c section, she explained there was a chance the babies lungs may not be as developed and may need a bit of help, but on the other hand the babies brain would be as good pre and post birth, no risks of lack of oxygen etc.

I’ve read of so many ladies who get induced and can’t dilate so end up having a c section anyway, so I think Im going to go with the planned c section.

I like the thought of knowing exactly when it’s going to happen and it’s great to hear it’s possible to be in and out within 1-2 days, I was reading 4-7 and really didn’t fancy that (assuming all goes well). Thanks everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I forgot how horrible it can be to be struck down with a heavy cold while pregnant! You literally can’t take anything except paracetamol it’s the worst. In non pregnant times I find the all in one capsules do a great job and the vicks decongestant nasal spray. I’ve just steamed myself with some kiddies olbas oil which probably isn’t allowed either but I’m desperate…feel completely floored and it’s hard to breathe lying down so I’m sat on my bed trying to stay alive 🤣 feel horribly guilty leaving my husband to handle our three year old alone!
Any other tips for what I can do?

I forgot how horrible it can be to be struck down with a heavy cold while pregnant! You literally can’t take anything except paracetamol it’s the worst. In non pregnant times I find the all in one capsules do a great job and the vicks decongestant nasal spray. I’ve just steamed myself with some kiddies olbas oil which probably isn’t allowed either but I’m desperate…feel completely floored and it’s hard to breathe lying down so I’m sat on my bed trying to stay alive 🤣 feel horribly guilty leaving my husband to handle our three year old alone!
I've had that awful cold that's going around atm for 2 weeks now :( I really feel for you it's awful. I've been using paracetamol, the Olbas inhaler stick, balsam tissues and vaseline so it's as kind on your skin as possible + LOTS of hot water with honey, ginger and lemon. I've also been steaming my face every few days and that's really helpful for your sinuses, I add fresh mint to mine and it clears it out sooooo good (although it doesn't last that long unfortunately). Icecream is really good for your throat too (and morale :D). Hope you feel better soon xx

I've had that awful cold that's going around atm for 2 weeks now :( I really feel for you it's awful. I've been using paracetamol, the Olbas inhaler stick, balsam tissues and vaseline so it's as kind on your skin as possible + LOTS of hot water with honey, ginger and lemon. I've also been steaming my face every few days and that's really helpful for your sinuses, I add fresh mint to mine and it clears it out sooooo good (although it doesn't last that long unfortunately). Icecream is really good for your throat too (and morale :D). Hope you feel better soon xx
Interesting will try some fresh mint as we have some in the garden! Thanks xx

• Heart
Honey and lemon hot water! That’s what I had to have when I was newly pregnant with my now toddler

Hey, about the pregnancy vitamines. So I asked my gynaegologist yesterday if I should continue to take them as they make me feel sick and she said I don't have to if I keep having a balanced diet. I'm still taking vitamine D as that isn't making me feel nauseous and she said that's ok.
So I'd recommended everyone who's feeling sick after taking them to discuss it with their gynaecologist or midwife.

For my bleeding gums I was recommended to use Parodontax tooth paste. Tastes foul (salty), but hoping it'll help. Was woken up this night again because my gums randomly started bleeding like crazy 😳
Hey thanks for this, I have stopped taking them and ordered the seven seas one, also going to mention it to my midwife at my appointment in a couple of weeks. I’m convinced it’s then making the nausea worse 🤢

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.