Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oops I’m in hospital waiting for my section and I have 2 blankets for the baby but neither cellular. Bit late now 🤦‍♀️ surely they’ll provide an alternative for us.
I’ve never even owned a cellular blanket I don’t think. My hospital doesn’t have that rule. Good luck for the section!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oops I’m in hospital waiting for my section and I have 2 blankets for the baby but neither cellular. Bit late now 🤦‍♀️ surely they’ll provide an alternative for us.
Yeah, we did get provided one last time so I'm sure they will 😊😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ah! How exciting!
Non covid times the hospital had blankets, and I’m sure they still do. I may have accidentally gone home with my eldest hospital blanket 😬

• Heart
@grumpycat just spoke to the clinical team about my back, they said I can use deep heat, so lathered that on and… NOTHING! Might ring the doctors to see if they can prescribe anything stronger
Why does my body hate me 😭💔

• Sad
After the chat the other day about what to wear leaving hospital, has anyone any recommendations for leggings with high waist/thick waistband?
I've got a pair of maternity leggings from Sainsburys that are dead comfy.

Just had my 28 week midwife appointment. My bump is measuring a tiiiiiny bit big (30cm instead of 29) but I've got an extra scan booked in anyway because of my lithium so she wasn't worried.

I had a chat with her about my anxiety around movements and she was really helpful and reassuring. Just thought I'd explain it here as I know a couple of others have said they find movements a worry.

So I've been tracking her movements by the hour, so then if she'd been moving at 6am for a few days, I would get to 7am another day and panic that she hadn't moved. The midwife explained that I don't need to be so specific, as long as she moves at some point in the morning. She said sometimes babies have days where they sleep more, or they're affected by your routine etc.

So if she generally tends to move first thing In the morning, and one day I get to lunchtime and haven't noticed anything, call triage. Basically, rather than thinking in hour slots, I should break the day into more general chunks, ie 'early morning', 'lunchtime', 'afternoon' and don't stress about the exact time.

Anyway, I know people get given lots of different advice depending on their trust/midwife etc. but I just thought I'd share in case anyone else is a neurotic as me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
After the chat the other day about what to wear leaving hospital, has anyone any recommendations for leggings with high waist/thick waistband?
Plan on going home in something that fit while pregnant. Stories of going home in your pre-pregnancy clothes happen to like a lucky 1% 😂 I was back in my pre-preg skinny jeans within a week, but at the leaving hospital stage was def in maternity leggings

Plan on going home in something that fit while pregnant. Stories of going home in your pre-pregnancy clothes happen to like a lucky 1% 😂 I was back in my pre-preg skinny jeans within a week, but at the leaving hospital stage was def in maternity leggings
Yes definitely wearing my maternity leggings home. With a very baggy top lol. I lived in them and jammies for the first few weeks.
But I would love a pair of leggings for a few weeks down the line that have that thick waist band to "hold me in" if you know what I mean?

Yes definitely wearing my maternity leggings home. With a very baggy top lol. I lived in them and jammies for the first few weeks.
But I would love a pair of leggings for a few weeks down the line that have that thick waist band to "hold me in" if you know what I mean?
the best leggings I’ve ever had are the H&M soft sports tights, I wear them all the time now just as normal leggings, they are all plain black so don’t look like gym leggings and are just a thick legging material so not that sportswear stuff. They are thick and not see through at all, but so so soft and the comfiest leggings ever. They also have a really thick waistband which holds you in, with still being really comfy. They aren’t maternity but they have a good amount of stretch, I’m going to buy a couple more pairs because I’m wearing mine to death and I’ll most likely live in them for the weeks after birth too. I’ll try to link them :)

H&M leggings

Reactions: 4
The Freerider leggings look good and get really good reviews (pricey though but I feel like if they carry me through Christmas looking semi presentable they’ll be worth it), and the Seraphine leggings get good reviews too, I think I’m going to order a pair of each. I love my sweaty betty ultra high waists but I want something plainer and less sporty looking for afterwards too. I’ve got H&M maternity leggings which are good but I think will be too baggy around the waist when the bump starts to deflate, I want something that feels like it holds you in a bit more.
Planning on taking high waisted leggings, a nursing vest top and some baggy shirts / hoody / shocker type thing and a maternity loungewear set with looser tracker type bottoms in my hospital bag to give me the option. I have also bought a couple of XL dresses from Zara that fit me now with the bump and have a nice stretchy waistband and are super loose and floaty just so I feel like I’ve got something new and nice that fits and is comfy, I know if I’m feeling crap and hormonal having nothing but tatty old PJs and leggings to choose from when we’ve got visitors isn’t going to help my mood!

re the leggings, I have these ones and they are amazing. So so comfy just the right amount of stretch and thickness and kind of half way between cotton leggings and activewear. Pricey but I’m going to get another couple of pairs as I think I would continue wearing these after birth.

My work is hideously stressful at the moment and I’m getting almost zero management support due to my own manager having just come back from mat leave herself and all our senior management being off sick or on holidays. It’s bad! I work in HR so all of my work is basically dealing with very difficult and upset people and it’s very draining. Had a chat with one of the other managers in my department and she has picked up with my manager and told me to get myself off to the GP and get signed off until my mat leave starts end of the month. Really struggling with this as I wanted to keep going but it’s making me so ill and stressed! What am I going to do with myself finishing at 34 weeks 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 6
in terms of them checking everything, they should be able to without any problems at 19 weeks🤞 we had a delayed scan at 16 weeks and a few days and they were able to see the gender if you want to find out, our baby just wasnt in a good enough position and wouldn’t move! Good luck though, hopefully as soon as you see baby on the screen your anxiety goes 🥰 the waiting is just so horrible! Just try to relax as much as you can tomorrow (I know easier said than done), mines just after 12 next week and I just know I won’t be able to concentrate in work that morning and I’ll be in a foul mood!
Awww good luck for yours too I’m sure everything will be perfect and as it should be!! Still doesn’t stop you worrying though… we found out the gender just over a week ago at a private scan, having a little boy due 1st of March💙 hope you get to find out the gender of yours if you wish to! Will be thinking of you x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
re the leggings, I have these ones and they are amazing. So so comfy just the right amount of stretch and thickness and kind of half way between cotton leggings and activewear. Pricey but I’m going to get another couple of pairs as I think I would continue wearing these after birth.

My work is hideously stressful at the moment and I’m getting almost zero management support due to my own manager having just come back from mat leave herself and all our senior management being off sick or on holidays. It’s bad! I work in HR so all of my work is basically dealing with very difficult and upset people and it’s very draining. Had a chat with one of the other managers in my department and she has picked up with my manager and told me to get myself off to the GP and get signed off until my mat leave starts end of the month. Really struggling with this as I wanted to keep going but it’s making me so ill and stressed! What am I going to do with myself finishing at 34 weeks 😵💫
I think sometimes you’ve just got to listen to body, my job is a lot less emotionally intense than yours and I’ve been thinking of finishing earlier than planned.
If you don’t want to go off totally you could see if you could reduce your hours and ease into it gently?

I think sometimes you’ve just got to listen to body, my job is a lot less emotionally intense than yours and I’ve been thinking of finishing earlier than planned.
If you don’t want to go off totally you could see if you could reduce your hours and ease into it gently?
I have already reduced to 4 days a week using my leave which helps a bit but the issues are still there when I’m in and honestly my tolerance for peoples tit has just gone out the window 😂 still pondering over what to do but they were fairly insistent I see my GP so will book an appointment. I always feel though the GP will just sign you off and not really advise on whether you can continue.

Awww good luck for yours too I’m sure everything will be perfect and as it should be!! Still doesn’t stop you worrying though… we found out the gender just over a week ago at a private scan, having a little boy due 1st of March💙 hope you get to find out the gender of yours if you wish to! Will be thinking of you x
thank you ☺ everything was fine at the 16 week scan so hopefully it will all be fine, trying to think that anyway! Ahh how amazing, congratulations 💙 I have a feeling that I’m having a boy too by what a sonographer said in a private scan and just a feeling, but it was too early for them to officially tell us. Fingers crossed we find out next week if the baby will move their legs this time haha, my boyfriend is adamant it’s a girl though so that will be interesting to see who’s right 😂

yay we are so close together, my due date is the 24th of Feb but I originally thought it would be 4th of March due to my last period xx

• Heart
I have already reduced to 4 days a week using my leave which helps a bit but the issues are still there when I’m in and honestly my tolerance for peoples tit has just gone out the window 😂 still pondering over what to do but they were fairly insistent I see my GP so will book an appointment. I always feel though the GP will just sign you off and not really advise on whether you can continue.
Oh god I’ve literally just been saying this everyone is driving me nuts except my family and partner 😂
You might end up loving it going off a bit early loads of time for relaxing and getting everything sorted bit of you time before the baby comes and less stress?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.