Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With Facebook being down I decided to brave peanut app forum again. Was greeted with a naked Demi Moore style bump photo of someone in one of the groups (no offence if this is anyone on here lol). But have swiftly logged out again 😂😅 thank god for tattle

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Stuff has changed so much even since I had my first! But babies stay the same so it’ll all come flooding back to you (hopefully not in a horrifying way 🤣)
First tri - eat whatever you can when you can, no worrying about eating well if you feel awful. Drink plenty, don’t forget your folic acid and vit D, and go to bed as early as possible to combat that exhaustion. Congratulations!
The tiredness/Exhaustion was the reason I took a pregnancy test. Such a familiar feeling but it had been *such* a long time.

Thankfully, I am drinking about 2.5ltrs a day, so a lot of toilet breaks. Taking those pregnancy supplements which look like they should be fed to a horse, going by the size of them! Have to coax them down my throat 😂 Nausea comes and goes - Usually when I start to cook it comes on strong so I end up having cold lunches two hours after I've made them lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The tiredness/Exhaustion was the reason I took a pregnancy test. Such a familiar feeling but it had been *such* a long time.

Thankfully, I am drinking about 2.5ltrs a day, so a lot of toilet breaks. Taking those pregnancy supplements which look like they should be fed to a horse, going by the size of them! Have to coax them down my throat 😂 Nausea comes and goes - Usually when I start to cook it comes on strong so I end up having cold lunches two hours after I've made them lol.
Hopefully the nausea doesn’t come to much for you, it’s so horrendous. With my second baby it was the tiredness that made me think I might be pregnant too, such a familiar feeling as you say, that exhaustion that nothing can shake.

Evening, Has anyone used the always discreet boutique black paper knicker/nappy thingys for after birth? Last time I got the biggest cotton pants in primark with normal materntity pads which I’ve brought again this time but also picked up a pack of the always things to. I swear sexy lingerie feels like a distant distant memory!

I used them instead of pads for the first 10 days. Very comfortable and great to just rip off and bin the whole thing x

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Anyone else found that baby movements have made them feel sick? Baby O is having an absolute rave for the last 30 mins, literally like she’s trying to tunnel her way out through my belly button and I don’t know if it’s just coincidence that I feel sick 🤢

Reactions: 5
With my first they pushed for early because my last growth scan had her on 95th centile, she was actually 60th. Apparently it’s now recommended that if your BMI is over 30 you get induced at 39/40 weeks even if no other risk factor! There were some new NICE guidelines released a few months ago which recommended this and also the same for ethnic minorities 😐 i refused the 40 week date as I want to go naturally but tbh I am struggling so happy to be induced at 41 rather than get to 42 weeks as by then I think I’d be truly ready to cut the baby out myself
Oh. Interesting. My bmi is still well above 30 and I had to push for induction this time when past my due date. Even though my previous baby was 11lb.
I'd also refuse it early. Seems so unnecessary!

Can anyone help with backache? The top of my back, where the bra goes is in absolute agony. I just want to cry. I can’t get comfy, had my whooping and flu jab today in different arms, so laying on them hurt on top of sore, heavy, possible restless legs 😭 struggling with the fact is have just under 11 weeks left of this
this is so similar to the rib pain I’ve got, as it seems to sit across from my spine to the right hand side as opposed to being my spine if you know what I mean. It goes from the bottom front of my rib all the way to the back. I don’t know if it’s rib flare, gallbladder or my liver 😩 but I feel you, yesterday evening it was so bad I had to breathe through it. If it continues I’m gonna have to call DAU as it is incapacitating and I feel like such a baby but I’ve got quite good pain threshold and it hurts so feckin much!

have you tried a hot or cold compress? Google told me gel eye masks can help but if it carries on it might be worth checking it’s not liver or gallbladder etc too

Random insomnia dilemma I had at 5am this morning - how many blankets to take in hospital bag? I’ve packed one for each baby will that be enough? And was planning to keep another in the car seat for home time.

1 week today until my 20 week scan, really excited but can feel the anxiety settling in already! Why does the time leading up to a scan seem to stand still 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Random insomnia dilemma I had at 5am this morning - how many blankets to take in hospital bag? I’ve packed one for each baby will that be enough? And was planning to keep another in the car seat for home time.
I only ever have packed one, and tbh it’s so frigging hot and I mostly hold the baby anyway (not practical with twins I should imagine!) so I rarely use it.

Reactions: 3
this is so similar to the rib pain I’ve got, as it seems to sit across from my spine to the right hand side as opposed to being my spine if you know what I mean. It goes from the bottom front of my rib all the way to the back. I don’t know if it’s rib flare, gallbladder or my liver 😩 but I feel you, yesterday evening it was so bad I had to breathe through it. If it continues I’m gonna have to call DAU as it is incapacitating and I feel like such a baby but I’ve got quite good pain threshold and it hurts so feckin much!

have you tried a hot or cold compress? Google told me gel eye masks can help but if it carries on it might be worth checking it’s not liver or gallbladder etc too
Yer, mine the right rib too! I couldn’t sleep last night it’s so bad. Paracetamol isn’t touching it. No matter how I tried to sleep last night it hurt. Currently trying a hot water bottle, pregnancy pillow and corner of the sofa. I hope no one needs me today, as I am a write off 😭

• Heart
Yer, mine the right rib too! I couldn’t sleep last night it’s so bad. Paracetamol isn’t touching it. No matter how I tried to sleep last night it hurt. Currently trying a hot water bottle, pregnancy pillow and corner of the sofa. I hope no one needs me today, as I am a write off 😭
Oh big hugs. If it carries on call assessment and get checked out it’s nothing else. Apparently there’s a condition where your rib cartilage can become inflamed. (Ive been Googling!) but don’t suffer xx

I always just take 1. Obviously in your case, 2.
But make sure they're cellular blankets as our hospital won't let you use anything else 😊

Reactions: 2
Oh big hugs. If it carries on call assessment and get checked out it’s nothing else. Apparently there’s a condition where your rib cartilage can become inflamed. (Ive been Googling!) but don’t suffer xx
Oh, well that’s amazing 😂 the joys of pregnancy. Thank you. Will defo keep an eye on it xx

• Haha
1 week today until my 20 week scan, really excited but can feel the anxiety settling in already! Why does the time leading up to a scan seem to stand still 😩
I have mine tomorrow, but will only be 19+1 the anxiety is real😢 it’s at 4pm too, so will have to hang around all day waiting x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have mine tomorrow, but will only be 19+1 the anxiety is real😢 it’s at 4pm too, so will have to hang around all day waiting x
in terms of them checking everything, they should be able to without any problems at 19 weeks🤞 we had a delayed scan at 16 weeks and a few days and they were able to see the gender if you want to find out, our baby just wasnt in a good enough position and wouldn’t move! Good luck though, hopefully as soon as you see baby on the screen your anxiety goes 🥰 the waiting is just so horrible! Just try to relax as much as you can tomorrow (I know easier said than done), mines just after 12 next week and I just know I won’t be able to concentrate in work that morning and I’ll be in a foul mood!

• Heart
After the chat the other day about what to wear leaving hospital, has anyone any recommendations for leggings with high waist/thick waistband?

I always just take 1. Obviously in your case, 2.
But make sure they're cellular blankets as our hospital won't let you use anything else 😊
Oops I’m in hospital waiting for my section and I have 2 blankets for the baby but neither cellular. Bit late now 🤦‍♀️ surely they’ll provide an alternative for us.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.