Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone help with backache? The top of my back, where the bra goes is in absolute agony. I just want to cry. I can’t get comfy, had my whooping and flu jab today in different arms, so laying on them hurt on top of sore, heavy, possible restless legs 😭 struggling with the fact is have just under 11 weeks left of this

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Can anyone help with backache? The top of my back, where the bra goes is in absolute agony. I just want to cry. I can’t get comfy, had my whooping and flu jab today in different arms, so laying on them hurt on top of sore, heavy, possible restless legs 😭 struggling with the fact is have just under 11 weeks left of this
Is it your bra being too tight? My back would have been like that in pregnancy and just caused by my bra, once I gave them up it was much better (until the lower back pain started 🙄)

Reactions: 3
I stand up and either walk around or rock myself side to side. Moving positions really helps if you’ve been sat for too long.

Reactions: 1
Is the backache right between your shoulder blades?

What’s everyone planning to wear (or wore for the mamas who have graduated) to come home from hospital? I don’t know if trackies are too casual but I can’t imagine wanting anything tight? 🤣
I am due in tomorrow and I’ve packed what I have pretty much wore everyday for the last 4 months, leggings, long vest top and a stretchy comfy jumper (other than maternity leggings, I just got some t shirts and jumpers in a bigger size so I’m planning to keep wearing them for a while).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just want to chime in and say consider taking a light thin dressing gown if you are having a planned c section otherwise you’ll walk to theatre and everyone will see your arse because surgery gowns don’t have a back. That’s all xoxox

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I was so active right to the end in my last pregnancy, still hill walking at 40+ weeks and walking up and down a couple of hundred steps at least almost every day.
However this time I am wiped out already and only just in the second trimester so I'm thinking things will be a bit different this time around 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve been told at my next consultant appointment (36 weeks, in 3 weeks’ time) they will give me a date for induction 😱 they offered induction at 40 weeks and I said no so they suggested 41 weeks which I agreed to. No risk factors other than I’m a larger lady! The consultant last time was very pushy and booked me in at 38+5 and this time round luckily they have been a lot more reasonable and said no need to go early at all. Still feels like so long to go but also so close knowing I’ll soon have an induction booked!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Is it your bra being too tight? My back would have been like that in pregnancy and just caused by my bra, once I gave them up it was much better (until the lower back pain started 🙄)
I don’t wear bras, but crop tops. I’ve been sitting most of the day on plastic chairs, so think that’s got something to do with it 😭 I can feel it creeping down though 💔

I stand up and either walk around or rock myself side to side. Moving positions really helps if you’ve been sat for too long.
I’m thinking it’s time to get my ball out. I remember I had terrible back with my first, and I’m sure I was told to get bands 😭

Is the backache right between your shoulder blades?
No, a bit lower in my ribs. My body can’t handle pregnancy

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don’t wear bras, but crop tops. I’ve been sitting most of the day on plastic chairs, so think that’s got something to do with it 😭 I can feel it creeping down though 💔

I’m thinking it’s time to get my ball out. I remember I had terrible back with my first, and I’m sure I was told to get bands 😭

No, a bit lower in my ribs. My body can’t handle pregnancy
Sitting for most of the day in plastic chairs definitely won’t be helping! 😂 not pregnant you’re recommended to get up every 20 minutes from a chair so it’s even more important when you’re pregnant to get moving.

I’ve been told at my next consultant appointment (36 weeks, in 3 weeks’ time) they will give me a date for induction 😱 they offered induction at 40 weeks and I said no so they suggested 41 weeks which I agreed to. No risk factors other than I’m a larger lady! The consultant last time was very pushy and booked me in at 38+5 and this time round luckily they have been a lot more reasonable and said no need to go early at all. Still feels like so long to go but also so close knowing I’ll soon have an induction booked!
Is there a reason they're pushing for it?
Being bigger isn't a need for inducing early at all.
My bmi with my first was 50. And there was no need for me to be induced early at all. Only got induced in the end because I was going so far over

Sitting for most of the day in plastic chairs definitely won’t be helping! 😂 not pregnant you’re recommended to get up every 20 minutes from a chair so it’s even more important when you’re pregnant to get moving.
I wish i had a choice of chairs, but I’ve had one child in a&e and they don’t offer the most comfy chairs 😭 I tried to get up and have a little wiggle, but even that hurt. Just so uncomfortable and sore

Reactions: 3
Ooh I can’t believe I missed basically another entire thread, being back in the office really is killing me! Had first NCT class yesterday…. Was dreading it to be honest but it was fine, no mega cringey moments until the last 5 minutes where we were instructed to softly tickle and light touch massage each other, have husband play with my hair etc. Erm, no thanks! So unnecessary. One couple of course were VERY in to it - the woman didn’t stop rubbing her bump the entire 5 hour session, sobbed loudly at the homebirth video we got shown and then looked like they were about to have some kind of tantric sex during the tickle practice - him kissing her bump, eyes rolling back in elation whilst she stroked his arms etc (yes the men got a turn!). Frankly I’m not sure I learned anything new but the next sessions on breastfeeding and baby care sound like they might be more useful. And I guess it’ll be handy to have some coffee date Mums to meet if I feel like it once baby is here.
I’ve started getting all of the bits together for the hospital bag too. I’ve had shorter packing lists for week long holidays and I don’t want to think about how much I’ve spent on disposable knickers, granny pants and other glamorous items in the last few days 😐

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Is NCT ante natal classes? It stands for national car test over here lol so everytime I see it I think of the car test 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have no suggestions but I feel your pain! It's like where the bottom of your ribs would be but at the back? Brutal 😭
And omg don't with the 10 weeks! We're nearly into single digits... terrifying!

Recently found out we are expecting but very very early days. I only have the one daughter and she's 12 - baby stuff has REALLY moved on since then! Any tips or tricks for the first trimester?

Sounds like a lot of you a close to the finish line!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is there a reason they're pushing for it?
Being bigger isn't a need for inducing early at all.
My bmi with my first was 50. And there was no need for me to be induced early at all. Only got induced in the end because I was going so far over
With my first they pushed for early because my last growth scan had her on 95th centile, she was actually 60th. Apparently it’s now recommended that if your BMI is over 30 you get induced at 39/40 weeks even if no other risk factor! There were some new NICE guidelines released a few months ago which recommended this and also the same for ethnic minorities 😐 i refused the 40 week date as I want to go naturally but tbh I am struggling so happy to be induced at 41 rather than get to 42 weeks as by then I think I’d be truly ready to cut the baby out myself

• Wow
Evening, Has anyone used the always discreet boutique black paper knicker/nappy thingys for after birth? Last time I got the biggest cotton pants in primark with normal materntity pads which I’ve brought again this time but also picked up a pack of the always things to. I swear sexy lingerie feels like a distant distant memory!

I have no suggestions but I feel your pain! It's like where the bottom of your ribs would be but at the back? Brutal 😭
And omg don't with the 10 weeks! We're nearly into single digits... terrifying!
Yes! And when I moaning saying my back ribs, everyone’s like, eh? Like I’m going mad 😂
10 weeks on Friday. I can’t believe it. It has flown, but I know now it will drag!

Recently found out we are expecting but very very early days. I only have the one daughter and she's 12 - baby stuff has REALLY moved on since then! Any tips or tricks for the first trimester?

Sounds like a lot of you a close to the finish line!
Stuff has changed so much even since I had my first! But babies stay the same so it’ll all come flooding back to you (hopefully not in a horrifying way 🤣)
First tri - eat whatever you can when you can, no worrying about eating well if you feel awful. Drink plenty, don’t forget your folic acid and vit D, and go to bed as early as possible to combat that exhaustion. Congratulations!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.