Pregnancy #25 Sponsored by love hearts and heartburn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yea don’t worry I had loads of cramping at the start!! Felt exactly like period pain too. Whenever I googled I couldn’t find anything about it and totally freaked myself out because obviously u can’t tell anyone yet! I’m 25 weeks now though and that passed at about 8/9 xxx
That’s so good to hear, thank you so much! Just trying to relax and hoping it’s a good sign that everything is moving around as it should be! X

Does anyone know if there’s anything I can take or do to help with travel sickness during pregnancy that will actually work? I get it so bad even normally, after more than about 5 minutes in the car. I usually take Stugeron tablets which are amazing but I’m assuming I can’t have them. I’ve got two 2 hour trips over the weekend and I’m absolutely dreading them.
When I asked about this during pregnancy a few years ago the pharmacist told me I couldn’t have anything
except wrist bands (which I’ve never found useful). That said if you ask your dr they may prescribe cyclezine for you - it’s the anti-nausea medication I get during pregnancy (for morning sickness, not motion).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has anyone developed a bad pain in the wrists? The almost feel sprained

Dunno what's up with me but I've got a right bad belly and been in bed asleep all bloody day today, didn't even manage a shower until after my OH was home from work :oops: just blinked and it was 6pm somehow.
The days just keep slipping away from me, I'm off sick atm but I really need to get back to work, dreading it. If I recall correctly I have some flexi accrued but I can see me using it all up on a late start, long lunch and early dart all on the first day :sleep:

Hi everyone,
Sorry I went off radar!

I'm still having massive trouble with my leg.
Has anyone had sciatica in pregnancy and even weirder, early pregnancy? I'm 14 weeks it's just bizarre. I'm not even convinced it's that tbh but I'll go with it.

I have had to be off work as, as soon as Im on it it become unbearable. I'm not allowed pain relief obvoously apart from paracetamol which does not touch it.

Hoping someone here may have advice. Or I just wonder how long this could go on for!
I’ve got nothing massively helpful to add but if it gives you some peace of mind I’ve had something v similar to what you describe, mine was like a deep ache all down my leg which was so hard to manage. I actually had it years ago when I was younger too and had tests for DVT and everything. Never had it diagnosed but I always wondered whether it was nerve related and/or restless legs. Have you tried magnesium supplements/spray and drinking electrolytes? These seemed to ease some of my symptoms. I really sympathise though as it’s just awful and I had so many sleepless nights because of it!

Has anyone else experienced a massive flare up in asthma during pregnancy? I had fairly bad asthma issues as a child but not as an adult and not during my last 2 pregnancies. I’ve had 2 asthma attacks in 2 weeks 😭 i know breathlessness is common but obviously hugely different to asthma…It’s made me insanely paranoid as I’ve not had my Covid jab yet (it is booked) but will have only had the 2nd like literally the week he is due 😩

I thought it was the way I slept but it’s like this for over a week now 😭 Jesus I really dislike being pregnant.. 4 more weeks 🙏🏾
Yer, as others have said carpel tunnel. I had it with my last and ended up in a wrist cast thing. Hoping I avoid it this time. Good thing is, if it does last during the rest of the pregnancy, it goes pretty much straight away once the baby is born

• Heart
36 weeks today and boy am I ready to not be pregnant for much longer - it’s been a smooth ride so I can’t complain really I’ve been super lucky but the aches and general heaviness and getting up 5 times a night to do the worlds smallest most pathetic wee are starting to take their toll. GD means I can’t even eat my feelings - if I see one more protein bar I’m going to throw up! Exercise ball is arriving today (and some lovely perineal massage balm, how glam!) so I am ready to start getting ready. I’m not sure I’m actually ready for a baby to come though - isn’t it unfair we can’t just have a week off between pregnancy and baby? I really could do with a week of good sleep and being comfortable before the reality of life with a newborn hits!!

PS anyone else just push the pram round the house like a lunatic - “practicing”? I feel like a little girl with a new doll’s pram all over again!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Has anyone else experienced a massive flare up in asthma during pregnancy? I had fairly bad asthma issues as a child but not as an adult and not during my last 2 pregnancies. I’ve had 2 asthma attacks in 2 weeks 😭 i know breathlessness is common but obviously hugely different to asthma…It’s made me insanely paranoid as I’ve not had my Covid jab yet (it is booked) but will have only had the 2nd like literally the week he is due 😩
Yeah, I've got asthma though it's very well controlled but found it got a lot worse during pregnancy. Apparently you will either get better or worse with it, it's just one of those things.
Can you contact your asthma nurse at your gp practice? They gave me a couple different inhalers to my usual which defo helped.
After I gave birth it all went back to normal.

• Heart
Yer, as others have said carpel tunnel. I had it with my last and ended up in a wrist cast thing. Hoping I avoid it this time. Good thing is, if it does last during the rest of the pregnancy, it goes pretty much straight away once the baby is born
Excellent 😌 4 more weeks so 🙏🏾 It’s actually crazy how pregnancy can affect your whole body!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Yeah, I've got asthma though it's very well controlled but found it got a lot worse during pregnancy. Apparently you will either get better or worse with it, it's just one of those things.
Can you contact your asthma nurse at your gp practice? They gave me a couple different inhalers to my usual which defo helped.
After I gave birth it all went back to normal.
Ok this gives me hope! And is good to know so thank you 😊 I have contacted my asthma nurse just waiting for her to give me a call back so all is well, just so bloody annoying and scary!

• Heart
36 weeks today and boy am I ready to not be pregnant for much longer - it’s been a smooth ride so I can’t complain really I’ve been super lucky but the aches and general heaviness and getting up 5 times a night to do the worlds smallest most pathetic wee are starting to take their toll. GD means I can’t even eat my feelings - if I see one more protein bar I’m going to throw up! Exercise ball is arriving today (and some lovely perineal massage balm, how glam!) so I am ready to start getting ready. I’m not sure I’m actually ready for a baby to come though - isn’t it unfair we can’t just have a week off between pregnancy and baby? I really could do with a week of good sleep and being comfortable before the reality of life with a newborn hits!!

PS anyone else just push the pram round the house like a lunatic - “practicing”? I feel like a little girl with a new doll’s pram all over again!
Of course you can have a week off between, you can have as long as you want! Just tell your work your going off, its YOU that decides when to start maternity!

Of course you can have a week off between, you can have as long as you want! Just tell your work your going off, its YOU that decides when to start maternity!
I think SavvyBee meant a week off between labour and actually having to be responsible for a newborn.
Bonkers that we have to go through a gruelling physical event and then straight into a new and serious responsibility, surely it's time we evolve past this :LOL:

Reactions: 7
I’m not sure I’m actually ready for a baby to come though - isn’t it unfair we can’t just have a week off between pregnancy and baby? I really could do with a week of good sleep and being comfortable before the reality of life with a newborn hits!!
I have thought this so many times 😂 desperate not to be pregnant anymore but then I remember I’d be trading it in for a newborn 🙈 although in my previous experience I hated pregnancy so much and found having a baby to be much easier, the excitement and love sees you through the initial recovery then you only have sleep deprivation to deal with versus all the maladies and aches of pregnancy, and I found I got used to the sleep situation pretty fast. It’s harder mentally but physically I felt much more able to get out and about and be productive once the baby was out. Right now I struggle to even go into a shop but with my first baby I found I was able to get back to normal capabilities pretty quick. Presume it would be different for everyone of course especially if you have a section but that was my experience

Reactions: 2
I have thought this so many times 😂 desperate not to be pregnant anymore but then I remember I’d be trading it in for a newborn 🙈 although in my previous experience I hated pregnancy so much and found having a baby to be much easier, the excitement and love sees you through the initial recovery then you only have sleep deprivation to deal with versus all the maladies and aches of pregnancy, and I found I got used to the sleep situation pretty fast. It’s harder mentally but physically I felt much more able to get out and about and be productive once the baby was out. Right now I struggle to even go into a shop but with my first baby I found I was able to get back to normal capabilities pretty quick. Presume it would be different for everyone of course especially if you have a section but that was my experience
Yer, I definitely agree with all of this! I hate pregnancy - what IS fun about it? Newborns… give me a newborn any day! At least you can pass the baby to the dad and get some sleep and not get interrupted by needing 20 toilet trips. Every organ goes back to normal, and breathing becomes easier. My tummy is so big even sitting on the toilet is uncomfortable 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.