Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That might be why but the hospital I’m being sent to, I don’t think you can give birth there anymore. The hospital I went to when they thought I was ectopic is the main one with consultants and stuff and I’m not going to that one this time. Weird. I’ll ask when I’m there.
This sounds very similar to where I live so I am having my scan at the hospital that don’t have a maternity unit anymore ten min drive! But have been assigned to the other hospital like 25 mins away from me. When I spoke to the midwife they said I would be contacted again at around 10 weeks aren’t they meant to do bloods before 12 weeks? Also how exciting when you get the letter through the post 😀 also @WhatABore I think I only got my scan booked because they did it for me when I had the early scan who knows because I am pretty lost at what the process is for all of this x

Reactions: 1
This sounds very similar to where I live so I am having my scan at the hospital that don’t have a maternity unit anymore ten min drive! But have been assigned to the other hospital like 25 mins away from me. When I spoke to the midwife they said I would be contacted again at around 10 weeks aren’t they meant to do bloods before 12 weeks? Also how exciting when you get the letter through the post 😀 also @WhatABore I think I only got my scan booked because they did it for me when I had the early scan who knows because I am pretty lost at what the process is for all of this x
You should get to choose the hospital you will deliver at.
NHS care schedule

I had my blood tests done at 7 weeks 🤷‍♀️ They called me with the results yesterday (only flagging that I had low iron but obviously had a minor panic when they called haha). It is so odd why all trusts seem to vary so much!

I think it’s tastes nice however I do find it expensive for essentially ‘ botanical water’ I am a huge gin and tonic lover so this just takes the edge of on a Friday and I just pretend it’s not no alcohol I give it 8/10 x
Thanks hun I might give it a try! I’m not a big drinker usually, but since getting pregnant there have a been a few times Iv fancied the odd G&T and so wondered what it was like and if it was worth getting. Xx

I think our new thread name should be

Pregnancy #3 We only eat carbs
And chocolate! I went off it in during my first 12 weeks and now I can’t get enough! 🙈🙈🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Funnily enough, just got a call from midwife and my booking appointment is next Thursday at 12 over the phone. In the meantime, she’s sending over some bloods paperwork and I have to go to the local community hospital for blood tests before my 12 week scan. It’s all feeling very real now!

She was proper nice, she was like ‘I hear you’re having twins!!’ Haha

• Heart
Funnily enough, just got a call from midwife and my booking appointment is next Thursday at 12 over the phone. In the meantime, she’s sending over some bloods paperwork and I have to go to the local community hospital for blood tests before my 12 week scan. It’s all feeling very real now!

She was proper nice, she was like ‘I hear you’re having twins!!’ Haha
Maybe they just don’t want to talk to me 🤨 Im Glad they did call you though I just think the area I live in must just be very disjointed. Do you know why it’s called a booking appointment is it like them booking you into things? God I sound stupid x

Maybe they just don’t want to talk to me 🤨 Im Glad they did call you though I just think the area I live in must just be very disjointed. Do you know why it’s called a booking appointment is it like them booking you into things? God I sound stupid x
My GP referred me so maybe it just works differently in your area. And because I already know it’s twins they might have got in touch a bit quicker? I don’t know. Also I assume they book me into things haha I have no idea myself. She said it’ll take about an hour so I think they just ask loads of questions. I’ll let you know when I’ve had it what it was like.

Ive never known why it’s called a booking appointment! And I think ours works slightly differently in that we have it all at the same time as our 12 week scan. But basically they take a complete medical history of you, and also your family. They used to do partners and partners family as well, but they haven’t in my last 2 pregnancies for some reason.

But yes, it is basically a very detailed medical history. You just answer yes or no (mostly no!) a million times. And then struggle to remember stuff like “Have you ever had chicken pox? When?” Like I know 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
They ask you about 5 million questions at booking appointments some are quite personal 😂 I remember some of them being have you ever had sex for money, have you ever taken drugs, have you ever been abused by your partner, loads of mental health questions ... suppose they need to know! 🙈

It's a booking appt because we are booking you into the hospital which will be responsible for your care. We ask a lot of questions around family history (yours and the biological father) , medical and health information, social information etc. It also gives us a change to give you advice and information about appointments, scans, screening etc.

Reactions: 2
They ask you about 5 million questions at booking appointments some are quite personal 😂 I remember some of them being have you ever had sex for money, have you ever taken drugs, have you ever been abused by your partner, loads of mental health questions ... suppose they need to know! 🙈
So I shouldn’t mention the space cakes I made when I was 14 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Mabye you should, I think your midwife would probably laugh! 😂
Some of the questions sound wild but thank you for warning me because I am prone to awkward laughter. The space cakes were made using the Tom and Jerry ready mix you get from Tesco 😆👌🏽Never did it again it was like an out of body experience 😂
Is also like to congratulate myself that I have been cold Turkey from cigarettes since I found out I am so proud of myself!

• Heart
I was asked if me and my partner are blood related, wanted to say yes just to hear her reaction 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
@PineappleTopper congratulations, I remember seeing your post on the TTC thread! I think we’re due around the same time, start of October 🥰

I’m booked in for an early scan, it’s actually on Valentine’s Day just to be extra cheesy haha! I’ll be almost 8 weeks by that point.

Has anyone else struggled with keeping it a secret? I 100% am going to buy I would love to tell our families and friends, especially to get advice from those who are already mums! It feels like such an overwhelming time to not know exactly what’s normal and what’s not.

I watched one born every minute last night though, one of the women on it was so calm and collected she didn’t even make a noise when she was pushing! I was reading about water births as I think that’s what I’d like to have although it’s a longgg way off yet.

Hope everyone’s doing ok today! ❤

@PineappleTopper congratulations, I remember seeing your post on the TTC thread! I think we’re due around the same time, start of October 🥰

I’m booked in for an early scan, it’s actually on Valentine’s Day just to be extra cheesy haha! I’ll be almost 8 weeks by that point.

Has anyone else struggled with keeping it a secret? I 100% am going to buy I would love to tell our families and friends, especially to get advice from those who are already mums! It feels like such an overwhelming time to not know exactly what’s normal and what’s not.

I watched one born every minute last night though, one of the women on it was so calm and collected she didn’t even make a noise when she was pushing! I was reading about water births as I think that’s what I’d like to have although it’s a longgg way off yet.

Hope everyone’s doing ok today! ❤
Hey girl 👋 @lulugoss
How you doing? Yay i think so too. How exciting! Im 5 weeks and 2 days today. How are you feeling about your scan? Is it private or did you get it through your dr?

I completely agree with you about wanting to tell everyone. Ive told two friends so far and thats it. Ive been chatting to some local mums on mush (which is an app a friend recommended to meet other new mums) and this forum is the only place to really talk about it all openly for me at the moment. Very grateful to have all of you ladies here to speak to 😊

I like the idea of a midwife led birthing suite delivery. Water birth sounds amazing but i kinda feel that whatever happens at that point will be mostly baby led (positioning, whether induction is needed, intervention etc). Some things cant be planned for, but im reading up on hypnobirthing currently. 😊

• Heart
Some of the questions sound wild but thank you for warning me because I am prone to awkward laughter. The space cakes were made using the Tom and Jerry ready mix you get from Tesco 😆👌🏽Never did it again it was like an out of body experience 😂
Is also like to congratulate myself that I have been cold Turkey from cigarettes since I found out I am so proud of myself!
Well done! I also quit over 4 years ago when I was pregnant with my first and never went back! The smell makes me sick now 😂

• Heart
Well done! I also quit over 4 years ago when I was pregnant with my first and never went back! The smell makes me sick now 😂
Same here my fiancé smokes on his own and showers etc after so it doesn’t smell because it makes me heave and he’s stopped smoking at home. It was really had at first but really happy now and wow 4 years I hope o can keep it up! @PineappleTopper my family know and my only reasoning is that some of my family I may never see again due to being very ill and I wouldn’t forgive myself if I never told them. I wanted to wait until the 12 weeks but I couldn’t keep it from some and not others. I haven’t told work or my larger group of friends only immediate family and one friend who is also pregnant. my brother cried on FaceTime when I told him his reaction was amazing. Just tell people when you are ready 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone, just thought I’d give an update. I’ve been into hospital today as I had some really bad pains down my leg and abdomen, had bloods done etc and they have confirmed an early loss, I’m obviously sad however I also feel somewhat relieved as I can accept it and move on and start again next cycle. I wish everyone the best of luck with their pregnancies and I hope to be back on this thread again soon ❤ Take care everyone and thanks for all the advice and support xxxx

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.