Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t judge me. I’m currently laid in bed eating the sweets from my hospital bag snack stash. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
What baby monitors have you guys all got/getting?

I looked at the BT one, it looks not bad 🤔
Sitting here searching through Amazon because I can't remember at all the one I had before or the one I have now 😂

Summer Infant is the baby monitor I had first and loved it.
I then got Victure camera baby monitor and its alright, but the sound isn't very loud, not compared to the first one I had anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
How did you ladies find working (if you are currently) through the first trimester (eg: sickness, nausea, aching)? Did you tell your manager or wait until 12 weeks?

What baby monitors have you guys all got/getting?

I looked at the BT one, it looks not bad 🤔
I think I've spent more time looking at bloody baby monitors than I have about giving birth or parenting 🤦‍♀️
Everyone recommends the BT6000, say it's brilliant etc but then say the sound and picture quality are sub-par which surely should be the most important thing? I'm going to order try it.
I like the Vava but 'Which' puts in below the BT and a lot of the Amazon reviews look fake, that'll be second choice.
The cheaper Amazon ones like the Toguard and Biofun look ok too....

I need something with a very long range so while I don't want to link it to my phone, if the others can't do it, I'll go for a victure single camera and link it to an old phone.

• Heart
How did you ladies find working (if you are currently) through the first trimester (eg: sickness, nausea, aching)? Did you tell your manager or wait until 12 weeks?
I told my work purely because I work with students with disabilities. It's a lot of moving and handling so I wanted to protect myself and the students. I get on so well with the people I work with so i knew if anything bad was to happen, I would go to them for support.
I would say just do what you feel is right. Don't feel pressured but also don't feel like you have to hide it!

Reactions: 2
I think I've spent more time looking at bloody baby monitors than I have about giving birth or parenting 🤦‍♀️
Everyone recommends the BT6000, say it's brilliant etc but then say the sound and picture quality are sub-par which surely should be the most important thing? I'm going to order try it.
I like the Vava but 'Which' puts in below the BT and a lot of the Amazon reviews look fake, that'll be second choice.
The cheaper Amazon ones like the Toguard and Biofun look ok too....

I need something with a very long range so while I don't want to link it to my phone, if the others can't do it, I'll go for a victure single camera and link it to an old phone.
I've always gone for cheaper ones as I don't see the point in spending loads out for them if they do the same thing. So made sure I read reviews

I told my manager at 6 weeks because I had bleeding whilst at work so explained to him so he knew why I wanted to go home and get checked out. My job required lifting ect so I knew if at least he knew, he would give me the jobs which required less lifting.
I didn't tell anyone else at work though until later on

I've always gone for cheaper ones as I don't see the point in spending loads out for them if they do the same thing. So made sure I read reviews
I'm wondering if I should do the same, that's why I'm umming and ahhing, I know the amazon reviews by heart now!. I want one that will pan and tilt for when they are older but I wonder if I'd be better off buying one for now and another later if needed. It's hard to know how you'll use it if you've never needed one, I feel like I'm paying a lot for technology I don't need like lullabies and people seem to accept that they don't last that long which sucks.
If I get the BT one it'll be the most expensive baby item I've bought, pram included 😂

ETA: BT website wasn't working last night and they've now put the price up by £20 - sod that!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if I should do the same, that's why I'm umming and ahhing, I know the amazon reviews by heart now!. I want one that will pan and tilt for when they are older but I wonder if I'd be better off buying one for now and another later if needed. It's hard to know how you'll use it if you've never needed one, I feel like I'm paying a lot for technology I don't need like lullabies and people seem to accept that they don't last that long which sucks.
If I get the BT one it'll be the most expensive baby item I've bought, pram included 😂
Yeah the one I have now plays lullabies. Never used it and had it over a year now haha 😂

The Summer Infant baby monitor is the best one I've had and we still have the camera plugged in now as a night light 😂 saved buying one haha.
And I paid around £45 for it. It lasted around 3 nearly 4 years with every night use.
I think all of them tilt and turn ect although I've never really needed to much as I've always put mine at a distance so I can see the whole cot rather than close.
Most of them you can mount on the wall too.

I'd say look at the cheaper ones and read the reviews for them too as a there's so many to be rated that they don't always even test the cheaper ones

Reactions: 3
I’ve told my manager because I work in a library so it’s working with the public and a lot of manual handling and lifting. They’ve had to do a risk assessment plus an extra one for COVID. I more told them because I’m a younger member of staff so I’m always the one lifting boxes and going up ladders and I didn’t want to be doing that anymore.

I’ve been very nauseous all day every day so I’ve just had to take it easy and have a sit down when it gets a bit much. Just do what’s best for you, if I was working from home I probably wouldn’t have told anyone til 12 weeks but it’s your decision.

My husbands new thing is that he wants a double carrier. He wants to be THAT GUY. One on the front, one on the back.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
You have read my mind today I feel sick now and I have terrible headache today crying at nothing and I’m knackered. I am going to try and get past the 12 weeks and as soon as I tell my manager she can accept I won’t be joining anymore zoom meetings before 9 o clock when I look awful and have to try and hold my wee in. Xx

My husbands new thing is that he wants a double carrier. He wants to be THAT GUY. One on the front, one on the back.
Your partner sounds like mine but maybe even more extra haha check out the carriers artipoppe they are a rip off but they are cute 🥰 I think it’s sweet partners get involved and excited xx

• Heart
I’ve just commented on a Charlotte Dawson’s thread, as they’re discussing her baby wearing a hat indoors while asleep. I saw a few posters saying that it’s not recommended, it’s dangerous etc.
so I freaked out straight away, and commented asking why newborns shouldn’t wear hats indoors while sleeping, and I had a really snidey comment back from someone and it’s really upset me. Can’t shake the feeling, I don’t even know this person and they’ve ruined my day!
I’m pregnant with my first baby and I genuinely had no idea why babies can’t wear hats indoors, I was curious so I didn’t make the same mistake. Hormomes are raging right now 😂 first time ive felt like I don’t want to come on this site, usually I have some nice enounters with people on here who have been really nice and helpful, yet I am letting this one random person upset me.
I need to let it go.
sorry to rant on here, I needed too.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve just commented on a Charlotte Dawson’s thread, as they’re discussing her baby wearing a hat indoors while asleep. I saw a few posters saying that it’s not recommended, it’s dangerous etc.
so I freaked out straight away, and commented asking why newborns shouldn’t wear hats indoors while sleeping, and I had a really snidey comment back from someone and it’s really upset me. Can’t shake the feeling, I don’t even know this person and they’ve ruined my day!
I’m pregnant with my first baby and I genuinely had no idea why babies can’t wear hats indoors, I was curious so I didn’t make the same mistake. Hormomes are raging right now 😂 first time ive felt like I don’t want to come on this site, usually I have some nice enounters with people on here who have been really nice and helpful, yet I am letting this one random person upset me.
I need to let it go.
sorry to rant on here, I needed too.
With my second baby I was told to keep a hat on him at all times as he was a low birth weight.

Try not to let the comment get to you. Even my baby born 2 weeks ago they put a hat on her straight away.

I told my manager at 7 weeks because I was vomiting constantly and eventually had to call in sick.( Obviously pregnancy sickness is counted diff from normal absence)
Eventually I gave up and had to put a line in and have been off for near enough 8 weeks, I can't lie it's been bliss (when I've not had my head down the
toilet) not having to worry and have a break from shifts 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.