Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that non alcoholic g&t any good? I tried the M&S one at Christmas but it just tasted like tonic!
I think it’s tastes nice however I do find it expensive for essentially ‘ botanical water’ I am a huge gin and tonic lover so this just takes the edge of on a Friday and I just pretend it’s not no alcohol I give it 8/10 x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi ladies, im so happy i found this thread. You all sound lovely. I found out im pregnant last weekend ans am currently 5 weeks. Called the antenatal team and was asked to leave a voicemail, then they will write to me within 2 weeks. Feels a bit lonely at the moment, although i know its very early days. I am trying to get better at eating little and often, but its not how i usually eat.
Im thinking of booking a private scan for either 7 or 8 weeks for peace of mind. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi ladies, im so happy i found this thread. You all sound lovely. I found out im pregnant last weekend ans am currently 5 weeks. Called the antenatal team and was asked to leave a voicemail, then they will write to me within 2 weeks. Feels a bit lonely at the moment, although i know its very early days. I am trying to get better at eating little and often, but its not how i usually eat.
Im thinking of booking a private scan for either 7 or 8 weeks for peace of mind. 😊
Congratulations!! How are you feeling at the minute?
Honestly, just eat what you can, when you can. We all know it’s ideal to eat loads of fresh fruit and veg, loads of fish etc. But during the first tri especially it is just about doing your best with food. You can’t help not being hungry, you can’t help sudden food aversions. You just do what you can.

• Heart
Congratulations!
Make sure you get yourself some folic acid if you haven't already 😊

Congratulations and welcome to the group! Take your vitamins I’m on pregnacare plus which can make you feel sick but my partner bought them and I have been ok thus far. I would book one for your own sanity I had a scan at 5 weeks and a few days and tbh i am still anxious now like is it still in there which sounds silly but I am a worrier but it made me feel happy to see the tadpole on the screen.

I also had to leave a voicemail I find the whole midwife thing very odd no one really tells you what to expect. I guessed you ring the doctors and they contact the midwife and then they ring - no one tells you they don’t ring you until nearly 10 weeks. Do you know when you are due xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Congratulations!! How are you feeling at the minute?
Honestly, just eat what you can, when you can. We all know it’s ideal to eat loads of fresh fruit and veg, loads of fish etc. But during the first tri especially it is just about doing your best with food. You can’t help not being hungry, you can’t help sudden food aversions. You just do what you can.
Thank you darl ❤❤
Im feeling excited, over the moon and a bit out of my depth haha. Worried to be going through this when the nhs has so many more higher priority people to think about.
Its so strange for me (not being hungry). Ive just been snacking on fruit as it happened to be that i have alot in this week at home. Think ill buy some rice crackers and other snacky bits to try.

Congratulations!
Make sure you get yourself some folic acid if you haven't already 😊
Thank you sweet 😘 This pregnancy was very much wanted and ive been taking folic acid for a couple of months luckily.

Ive been getting tummy aches most evenings and general lower back and inner thigh aching. Is this a normal part of the experience? I usually feel worst in the evening and end up sitting on the toilet breathing heavily and hoping its just wind i can get rid of to feel better. Im rubbish with pills so usually take dissolvable panadol but im not sure if thats advisable whilst pregnant.

Reactions: 3
yayy congrats! We’re here for you so don’t feel lonely. Just eat what you can and look after yourself! Definitely do a scan, so lovely to see and great for reassurance.

• Heart
Congratulations and welcome to the group! Take your vitamins I’m on pregnacare plus which can make you feel sick but my partner bought them and I have been ok thus far. I would book one for your own sanity I had a scan at 5 weeks and a few days and tbh i am still anxious now like is it still in there which sounds silly but I am a worrier but it made me feel happy to see the tadpole on the screen.

I also had to leave a voicemail I find the whole midwife thing very odd no one really tells you what to expect. I guessed you ring the doctors and they contact the midwife and then they ring - no one tells you they don’t ring you until nearly 10 weeks. Do you know when you are due xx
10 weeks!! No i wasnt told that. Eep. Will defo book in a scan. Im literally 5 weeks and 2 days i think 🥰 think im due early october. How about you? How far along are you? X

yayy congrats! We’re here for you so don’t feel lonely. Just eat what you can and look after yourself! Definitely do a scan, so lovely to see and great for reassurance.
Thank you so much 🥰 coming here is like the best most reassuring cuddle. Ive only told two friends- one who is not in to babies and one who lives hours away.
Did you do an early scan and how did you find it/the process? Was it vaginal? X

• Heart
What are people doing with your family visiting new baby? I'm not due till the beginning of May so still a few months left but I'm still worried about covid! I know the vaccine is being rolled out but out of mine and my fiancé's family, my fiance is the only one whos had it due to his work and hardly any of them will be offered it before baby's here. Stuck on what to do and wondering other people's opinions! 🙂

10 weeks!! No i wasnt told that. Eep. Will defo book in a scan. Im literally 5 weeks and 2 days i think 🥰 think im due early october. How about you? How far along are you? X

Thank you so much 🥰 coming here is like the best most reassuring cuddle. Ive only told two friends- one who is not in to babies and one who lives hours away.
Congratulations!

Remember to take vitamin D as well as folic acid. Other pregnancy vitamins are nice to have but those two are essential. I got some lush fruity chewable vitamin D from home bargains lol tastes like sweets. I found pregnancy multi vitamins made me feel sick and constipated, probably the iron in it

I had an early scan at 8 weeks, I can’t remember if it was transvaginal or not (can’t believe I can’t remember that)

have had a transvaginal scan before though and it’s fine, probe is fairly slim and I didn’t find it uncomfortable at all

yeah I booked an early scan for 7 and a half weeks but I ended up in hospital at 5 and a half and 6 and a half weeks because they thought it was ectopic. (Luckily it wasn’t.) Had a transvaginal scan twice now and it’s no bother whatsoever. Doesn’t hurt at all and definitely worth it for the better view.
For my actual early private scan, its really nice and chilled. They have a big screen on the wall in front of you so you’re not craning to see the sonographer’s little screen to your right. And then they took the time to scan more and found I had twins in there. And I’m going back on Saturday to double check they’re both still doing ok ☺

• Heart
Thank you darl ❤❤
Im feeling excited, over the moon and a bit out of my depth haha. Worried to be going through this when the nhs has so many more higher priority people to think about.
Its so strange for me (not being hungry). Ive just been snacking on fruit as it happened to be that i have alot in this week at home. Think ill buy some rice crackers and other snacky bits to try.

Thank you sweet 😘 This pregnancy was very much wanted and ive been taking folic acid for a couple of months luckily.

Ive been getting tummy aches most evenings and general lower back and inner thigh aching. Is this a normal part of the experience? I usually feel worst in the evening and end up sitting on the toilet breathing heavily and hoping its just wind i can get rid of to feel better. Im rubbish with pills so usually take dissolvable panadol but im not sure if thats advisable whilst pregnant.
That a sounds completely normal to me 😊 Usual to get the aching and some mild cramps! It's all the stretching and everything your body is beginning to do!

I had a scan with my first at 6 and a half weeks which was a transvaginal exam 😊

• Heart
Im going to catch up on the posts in this thread (im behind about 37 p
yeah I booked an early scan for 7 and a half weeks but I ended up in hospital at 5 and a half and 6 and a half weeks because they thought it was ectopic. (Luckily it wasn’t.) Had a transvaginal scan twice now and it’s no bother whatsoever. Doesn’t hurt at all and definitely worth it for the better view.
For my actual early private scan, its really nice and chilled. They have a big screen on the wall in front of you so you’re not craning to see the sonographer’s little screen to your right. And then they took the time to scan more and found I had twins in there. And I’m going back on Saturday to double check they’re both still doing ok ☺
What had happened that they thought it might be ectopic? Sounds scary and intense. Your scans sound like a lovely experience. How are you feeling about twins? Are these your first babies?

What are people doing with your family visiting new baby? I'm not due till the beginning of May so still a few months left but I'm still worried about covid! I know the vaccine is being rolled out but out of mine and my fiancé's family, my fiance is the only one whos had it due to his work and hardly any of them will be offered it before baby's here. Stuck on what to do and wondering other people's opinions! 🙂
Depending on the rules and stuff when I'm due (easter) I'll just be sticking to whatever they are. I'm not overly close with my side of the family so it isn't a massive worry to me if anything, it's an excuse to stop them meddling haha 😂
And my Partners parents are both Shielded so they'll probably just do some video calls until its safe

Congratulations!

There's a week by week schedule of midwife care on the NHS website. It's changed due to covid where I am so ask for an updated one when you have your booking appointment but it's a guide. You're got to be proactive generally, make sure you're booked in for things because even in the same NHS trust area it seems like some things they will book you for, others you have to chase yourself and different people have different experiences. Get a diary to make notes too, baby brain is totally a thing - I've had half hr phone appointments and the second the phone goes down I cannot remember a single thing!!

Everyone's different but one of the things that struck me the most about early pregnancy that no one tells you is how much it feels exactly like getting/having your period. Painful boobs, achy and tummy cramps, bloat. feeling emotional and knackered.

I had an NHS early internal scan due to cramping thinking something was wrong. It's no bother at all and took about 10 minutes for the entire appointment.
If i'd have paid? It's totally not worth it for seeing anything, just a little blob, but it's worth it a million times over to confirm there is a baby there, see a little heartbeat, confirm if it's multiple etc

Last edited:
Tbh I think everyone will do what they feel comfortable with and rules are different in different places. My parents will have to look after my older kids while I’m in hospital and then they will help me out afterwards (c section) doing school runs etc (praying to god schools will be open again after Easter!) so will have to have contact with them anyway, plus they are our bubble (diff rules in NI to England on bubbling) Then it’s just my siblings and I fell happy to see them with a new baby.

I’m due at the end of May and have been thinking about the same thing! If they’re still doing the support bubbles for under 1 I will bubble with my parents and sister (she still lives at home). And will probably allow my partner’s parents to visit too as I’d feel a bit unfair not letting them and I know they’re so excited!

Congratulations!

There's a week by week schedule of midwife care on the NHS website. It's changed due to covid where I am so ask for an updated one when you have your booking appointment but it's a guide. You're got to be proactive generally, make sure you're booked in for things because even in the same NHS trust area it seems like some things they will book you for, others you have to chase yourself and different people have different experiences. Get a diary to make notes too, baby brain is totally a thing - I've had half hr phone appointments and the second the phone goes down I cannot remember a single thing!!

Everyone's different but one of the things that struck me the most about early pregnancy that no one tells you is how much it feels exactly like getting/having your period. Painful boobs, achy and tummy cramps, bloat. feeling emotional and knackered.
Hehe exactly (re what you said about it feeling like a period). Im early days so i keep checking when i wipe for blood. Im actually pretty worried about something going wrong, but i think thats natural as this is the first time ive been pregnant. Im pretty optimistic and positive once I've wiped 🤣

I will get a diary sorted. Thats a great idea and good to know i need to be proactive. Its hard to know what to expect so any guidance is much appreciated.

How do you feel about phone appointments? Are they are useful as in person meetings? I wish i was pregnant (not during a pandemic), but figured its either on its way out or could be around for ages, so there would never be a good time to try. This is life right now and fot the forseeable.

Has anyone watched one born every minute?
is it worth watching or is it going to scare the hell out of me? (FTM)
I watched a bunch of episodes with my friend who was pregnant last year. They arw filmed all over the country so it was useful it terma of seeing different hospitals etc. Also helped to see A hospital birth, a birthing suite birth etc. Id recommend. Think i might start watching episodes in a few months 😊

One question i have is how is advance should you book an early private scan? Im 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant now and would like to maybe scan around 7/8 weeks. Should i call to book around 6.5 weeks?

Hehe exactly (re what you said about it feeling like a period). Im early days so i keep checking when i wipe for blood. Im actually pretty worried about something going wrong, but i think thats natural as this is the first time ive been pregnant. Im pretty optimistic and positive once I've wiped 🤣

I will get a diary sorted. Thats a great idea and good to know i need to be proactive. Its hard to know what to expect so any guidance is much appreciated.

How do you feel about phone appointments? Are they are useful as in person meetings? I wish i was pregnant (not during a pandemic), but figured its either on its way out or could be around for ages, so there would never be a good time to try. This is life right now and fot the forseeable.

I watched a bunch of episodes with my friend who was pregnant last year. They arw filmed all over the country so it was useful it terma of seeing different hospitals etc. Also helped to see A hospital birth, a birthing suite birth etc. Id recommend. Think i might start watching episodes in a few months 😊

One question i have is how is advance should you book an early private scan? Im 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant now and would like to maybe scan around 7/8 weeks. Should i call to book around 6.5 weeks?
I haven’t stopped looking for blood and I’m 33 weeks tomorrow 🙈 the anxiety did get better after 12 weeks and again after 20 week scan

We will bubble with my parents who will be living 15 mins away. To be honest we will probably break the rules to see my husbands parents too, have only seen them twice in this pregnancy and it is their first grandchild. Won’t take the piss but equally won’t deny them a chance to see their grandson. All 4 grandparents are retired, only MIL has other contacts as she has gone back to work as an NHS vaccinator but she is herself vaccinated. Husband works in hospital so main risk is from him - he’s vaccinated

Reactions: 5

It is down to you what you book I ended up having a scan because I convinced the doctor to get me one because I have never been pregnant and after 6 years of no contraception I was worrying about cramps and I had really bad pains in my arm and then I started googling things and eventually the doctor sent me for a scan also my periods are so strange based on my lmp I was about 9 weeks when I had the scan I was 5 weeks and a few days I am glad I went however I had a normal
Ultrasound she said if she couldn’t see anything she would do it transvaginally but she didn’t need to could see the tadpole shape on the screen and the flickering which she said was a heart beat but it was very small I am 8 weeks and 3 today I joined the group when I found out what’s odd is so never searched for it it just popped up! I’m not sure where you are but you can book them online with window to the womb I didn’t have to have a private scan but I will be shortly so I can at least show my partner. I also get cramps now on and off and I also do the toilet thing I think it’s normal to be anxious xx on the subject of rules I will be seeing my family hopefully however I hope by the time I am due in September I will be able to see everyone. My family is very small and if it means breaking the rules to see my grandfather I will do that as he lost my Nan last year due to covid at the height of the pandemic and this is something he has to look forward to I am hoping things will be better by then. He has had the vaccine as have my other grandparents I feel I cannot deny them the chance to see their great grandchild. X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.