Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hehe exactly (re what you said about it feeling like a period). Im early days so i keep checking when i wipe for blood. Im actually pretty worried about something going wrong, but i think thats natural as this is the first time ive been pregnant. Im pretty optimistic and positive once I've wiped 🤣

I will get a diary sorted. Thats a great idea and good to know i need to be proactive. Its hard to know what to expect so any guidance is much appreciated.

How do you feel about phone appointments? Are they are useful as in person meetings? I wish i was pregnant (not during a pandemic), but figured its either on its way out or could be around for ages, so there would never be a good time to try. This is life right now and fot the forseeable.

I watched a bunch of episodes with my friend who was pregnant last year. They arw filmed all over the country so it was useful it terma of seeing different hospitals etc. Also helped to see A hospital birth, a birthing suite birth etc. Id recommend. Think i might start watching episodes in a few months 😊

One question i have is how is advance should you book an early private scan? Im 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant now and would like to maybe scan around 7/8 weeks. Should i call to book around 6.5 weeks?
That checking for blood never goes away 😂 30 weeks and 4th pregnancy and I still do it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hehe exactly (re what you said about it feeling like a period). Im early days so i keep checking when i wipe for blood. Im actually pretty worried about something going wrong, but i think thats natural as this is the first time ive been pregnant. Im pretty optimistic and positive once I've wiped 🤣

I will get a diary sorted. Thats a great idea and good to know i need to be proactive. Its hard to know what to expect so any guidance is much appreciated.

How do you feel about phone appointments? Are they are useful as in person meetings? I wish i was pregnant (not during a pandemic), but figured its either on its way out or could be around for ages, so there would never be a good time to try. This is life right now and fot the forseeable.
The phone appts aren't too bad it's just a case of trying to remember the info because it's quite a barrage. Face to face would be nice because you think of things as you go along but again, having some things written down you might want to ask helps. I did feel quite adrift, on my own but actually, I think it's just like that, there's no hand holding unless you're very vulnerable. My best advice is forewarned is forearmed so get all the info yourself so you know what you want to ask for in advance. Look at the choices of hospitals in your area because they'll ask you where you want to give birth or instance. If you already know you want a water birth say, you can ask the midwife which has the best facilities for that and get assigned to that hospital from the start.
My NHS area, the midwives are totally separate from your doctor, they don't share medical records so much of the early stuff is their info gathering to assess what pathway of care you need - if you'll need extra care etc.

I think you've got to be at least 7wks for the early scan to guarantee seeing anything, Dr Google will know.

What are people doing with your family visiting new baby?
I'm due any day and not for a second did I think we'd still be in this situation - the saddest thing is that even when the rules are lifted, it's not going to be free movement and contact for a very long time so we will be cautious but mindful that if we want people to have a relationship with baby, they need to be able to meet her.

We live together with my Mum who's WFH & my semi-retired brother in our support bubble has had Covid. OH's sister WFH and lives with his Mum & Dad who aren't working as extremally vulnerable, they will be our 'under 1' bubble so we're fortunate that she will see lots of 'low-risk' faces without social distancing - My OH is actually the biggest risk as his job tales him into people's homes.
OH's brother, still working and partner who works for the NHS, unfortunately, won't be seeing her, even if vaccinated as they can still carry it. HIs Nan is the biggest issue, she's living for this baby but has multiple carers in. I think we will have to take the chance, get her outside and masked up.
Ongoingly, it'll be a decision every day but in the next few months, rule changes permitting, anyone meeting her will have to be WFH, shielding, or just out of isolation.

Reactions: 2
Im going to catch up on the posts in this thread (im behind about 37 p

What had happened that they thought it might be ectopic? Sounds scary and intense. Your scans sound like a lovely experience. How are you feeling about twins? Are these your first babies?
I was in a lot of pain in the night to the point where I threw up and then I had a bit of blood. Turns out it was nothing and they don’t know what caused the pain.

feeling great about twins. I had this weird feeling it was and when it was confirmed I was so overwhelmed. So happy. Just hoping everything goes ok. Yes my first babies :) is this yours?

by the way I recommend booking your scan now. I called 3 or 4 weeks in advance and they didn’t have that many slots.

Reactions: 1
What are people doing with your family visiting new baby? I'm not due till the beginning of May so still a few months left but I'm still worried about covid! I know the vaccine is being rolled out but out of mine and my fiancé's family, my fiance is the only one whos had it due to his work and hardly any of them will be offered it before baby's here. Stuck on what to do and wondering other people's opinions! 🙂
i think this most days! I’m due in April and I know for a fact that my family will be sensible... luckily parents will Have been vaccinated by the time baby
Is here due to their jobs or their age but my biggest worry is my in laws! If things are still bad I fully expect them to wear a mask if they are able to see us but I can see them kicking up a bit of a fuss. 🙄

Last edited:
I am a marketers dream 😂 just bought my pram cos it had £200 off the pram and a free isofix base 😂 I'm getting so excited now 😬😬😬

• Heart
Reactions: 10
luckily parents will Have been vaccinated by the time baby Is here due to their jobs or their age
The people I know who've been vaccinated via NHS jobs are advised that they could still carry and transmit the virus, they don't know yet 😕

The people I know who've been vaccinated via NHS jobs are advised that they could still carry and transmit the virus, they don't know yet 😕
Yeah this is my worry.
My older sister works for the NHS and she's just had her second dose and been told all it does is stop themselves from getting bad symptoms. They can still carry it and catch it ect.
So I'm just kind of regarding her as the same as everyone else

Reactions: 2
Exciting!! What did you get?
I got the venicci tinum in dark grey! It's so lightweight and will suit for when I go up to the stables with the baby and can wheel it all over the uneven ground. Also the full travel system was only £699 with the isofix base included so I feel like I got a bargain 😂

They've brought out a rose gold and black one and I nearly went for it till they told me it's the exact same pram just diff colour, no isofix base included and also nearly £300 more expensive 😳 it is beautiful though 😂

Reactions: 6
I got the venicci tinum in dark grey! It's so lightweight and will suit for when I go up to the stables with the baby and can wheel it all over the uneven ground. Also the full travel system was only £699 with the isofix base included so I feel like I got a bargain 😂

They've brought out a rose gold and black one and I nearly went for it till they told me it's the exact same pram just diff colour, no isofix base included and also nearly £300 more expensive 😳 it is beautiful though 😂
Sounds great! I think getting your pram is just so exciting, it’s like a rite of passage!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think our new thread name should be

Pregnancy #3 We only eat carbs

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just got a letter from the midwife! My 12 week scan is on Wednesday 24th February. I will see a midwife after for blood tests. Really exciting.

No mention of booking appointment over the phone at 10 weeks. Wonder if that’ll happen or just straight to the scan. Also its not at the hospital I thought it would be at. I’m moving further away soon and closer to the other one in the area so I hope it’s fairly straightforward to switch when we move.

Reactions: 3
Just got a letter from the midwife! My 12 week scan is on Wednesday 24th February. I will see a midwife after for blood tests. Really exciting.

No mention of booking appointment over the phone at 10 weeks. Wonder if that’ll happen or just straight to the scan. Also its not at the hospital I thought it would be at. I’m moving further away soon and closer to the other one in the area so I hope it’s fairly straightforward to switch when we move.
It may be because it is a twin pregnancy that you have been sent to a certain hospital? I had a brief telephone booking Then a more detailed face to face midwife appointment after my 12 week scan but each place does it differently.

It may be because it is a twin pregnancy that you have been sent to a certain hospital? I had a brief telephone booking Then a more detailed face to face midwife appointment after my 12 week scan but each place does it differently.
That might be why but the hospital I’m being sent to, I don’t think you can give birth there anymore. The hospital I went to when they thought I was ectopic is the main one with consultants and stuff and I’m not going to that one this time. Weird. I’ll ask when I’m there.

That might be why but the hospital I’m being sent to, I don’t think you can give birth there anymore. The hospital I went to when they thought I was ectopic is the main one with consultants and stuff and I’m not going to that one this time. Weird. I’ll ask when I’m there.
Might be a covid thing, holding the clinics somewhere else xx

That's interesting!
My 12 week scan didn't get booked until after my booking appointment as that's when she requested it for me.
Interesting how each place does it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.