Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, just thought I’d give an update. I’ve been into hospital today as I had some really bad pains down my leg and abdomen, had bloods done etc and they have confirmed an early loss, I’m obviously sad however I also feel somewhat relieved as I can accept it and move on and start again next cycle. I wish everyone the best of luck with their pregnancies and I hope to be back on this thread again soon ❤ Take care everyone and thanks for all the advice and support xxxx
Sending you lots of love. Im so sorry for your loss. Hope youre okay and being well looked after xxx

Hi everyone, just thought I’d give an update. I’ve been into hospital today as I had some really bad pains down my leg and abdomen, had bloods done etc and they have confirmed an early loss, I’m obviously sad however I also feel somewhat relieved as I can accept it and move on and start again next cycle. I wish everyone the best of luck with their pregnancies and I hope to be back on this thread again soon ❤ Take care everyone and thanks for all the advice and support xxxx
Sending love ❤❤ Sorry for your loss, but so glad that you have gotten a definitive answer rather than being in limbo xx

Reactions: 2
I’m sorry, hope you’re okay. Take care of yourself and see you back here soon!! Xx

Reactions: 1
Sorry for your loss ❤ Wishing you all the luck you fall pregnant again soon xx

I'm so sorry - lots of love to you xx

Is also like to congratulate myself that I have been cold Turkey from cigarettes since I found out I am so proud of myself!
Same here, only 3% of smokers quit immediately so you should be proud.
But, make sure your midwife knows. If you smoked in the 3 months before pregnancy, you're on 'the smokers pathway' for care in my NHS trust area. It just really gives you extra scans for growth at 28ish and 36ish weeks.
Because I'd quit before booking appt, they recorded me as a non smoker and I only found out I should have been different at 35 weeks from the hospital facebook group. Missed the 28 week scan but she measured fine at 36 and the one I had the other day due to reduced movements.

• Heart
I’m really sorry for your loss And we hope you return soon look after yourself ❤

I'm so sorry - lots of love to you xx

Same here, only 3% of smokers quit immediately so you should be proud.
But, make sure your midwife knows. If you smoked in the 3 months before pregnancy, you're on 'the smokers pathway' for care in my NHS trust area. It just really gives you extra scans for growth at 28ish and 36ish weeks.
Because I'd quit before booking appt, they recorded me as a non smoker and I only found out I should have been different at 35 weeks from the hospital facebook group. Missed the 28 week scan but she measured fine at 36 and the one I had the other day due to reduced movements.
I felt so awful when I took the test because of lockdown I had smoked more than usual and Christmas etc wow 3% is low feeling happy I am still going it’s been a month I’ve quit on Sunday xx

They ask you about 5 million questions at booking appointments some are quite personal 😂 I remember some of them being have you ever had sex for money, have you ever taken drugs, have you ever been abused by your partner, loads of mental health questions ... suppose they need to know! 🙈
I got asked none of this stuff. And when I received my notes later I saw they ticked on the paperwork that they had!

Really sorry to read this. Take care and be kind to yourself xx

• Wow
I got asked none of this stuff. And when I received my notes later I saw they ticked on the paperwork that they had!
Wow that’s so bad! My booking appointment was over the phone back in September and I was on the phone to the midwife for about 45 mins, they asked me all the same stuff years ago with my first child too but I think there was much more mental health questions this time, possibly because of how we are all living atm!

So sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself ❤

Hey girl 👋 @lulugoss
How you doing? Yay i think so too. How exciting! Im 5 weeks and 2 days today. How are you feeling about your scan? Is it private or did you get it through your dr?

I completely agree with you about wanting to tell everyone. Ive told two friends so far and thats it. Ive been chatting to some local mums on mush (which is an app a friend recommended to meet other new mums) and this forum is the only place to really talk about it all openly for me at the moment. Very grateful to have all of you ladies here to speak to 😊

I like the idea of a midwife led birthing suite delivery. Water birth sounds amazing but i kinda feel that whatever happens at that point will be mostly baby led (positioning, whether induction is needed, intervention etc). Some things cant be planned for, but im reading up on hypnobirthing currently. 😊
Tired and feeling sick but rolling with it as I know it’s early days and I don’t want to moan haha! Hope you’re ok!

It’s a private one, with a place called window to the womb. It’ll be a transvaginal scan because of how early it is, apparently they can’t always find the baby with a ultrasound at that stage. Really excited for it! Are you going to have one?

Yeah I’ve been reading about hypnobirthing too! I like the thought of being relaxed, calm, controlled... which is not how I feel when I think about it at the moment 😂

Last edited:
Wow that’s so bad! My booking appointment was over the phone back in September and I was on the phone to the midwife for about 45 mins, they asked me all the same stuff years ago with my first child too but I think there was much more mental health questions this time, possibly because of how we are all living atm!
Yeah I felt a bit cheated to be honest! You wait 6-7 weeks of your first trimester for your first appointment and it was over in 15 minutes! Gutted lol 😂

So sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself ❤

Tired and feeling sick but rolling with it as I know it’s early days and I don’t want to moan haha! Hope you’re ok!

It’s a private one, with a place called window to the womb. It’ll be a transvaginal scan because of how early it is, apparently they can’t always find the baby with a ultrasound at that stage. Really excited for it! Are you going to have one?

Yeah I’ve been reading about hypnobirthing too! I like the thought of being relaxed, calm, controlled... which is not how I feel when I think about it at the moment 😂
Yeah, id like to have an early scan for reassurance i think. Itd be nice for my partner too. Ill probably book for around 8 weeks.

Ive been getting mainly stomach sickness feeling and ive been off food. Needing the toilet alot. Would love to tell me colleagues so they know why im going to the loo all of the time and eating little and often like a rabbit haha. I tend to feel worse in the evenings, which i suppose is quite handy currently. Not looking forward to week 6-8, when ive heard the sickness can kick in. Eep

Went to the toilet two or three times. Left home to walk to work. 25 mins again... Need the loo again #mumbladder 🥰

Reactions: 6
Hey ladies random question, when I was pregnant with my son my boobs were sore, but this pregnancy my nipples are on fire (only just started - 15 weeks tomorrow) I stopped breastfeeding about 6/7 months ago so not sure if this is why but can anyone recommend anything that will help they are so painful!!! Boobs not a problem but nipples oh my Christ 😂😱😱

Hey ladies random question, when I was pregnant with my son my boobs were sore, but this pregnancy my nipples are on fire (only just started - 15 weeks tomorrow) I stopped breastfeeding about 6/7 months ago so not sure if this is why but can anyone recommend anything that will help they are so painful!!! Boobs not a problem but nipples oh my Christ 😂😱😱
This is the first pregnancy I’ve noticed my nipples would be more sensitive, never happened in the past, and certainly not as bad as yours are. What about something like silver cups? Or the multimam compresses you can freeze? Both useful for the first weeks feeding as well.

This is the first pregnancy I’ve noticed my nipples would be more sensitive, never happened in the past, and certainly not as bad as yours are. What about something like silver cups? Or the multimam compresses you can freeze? Both useful for the first weeks feeding as well.
Great idea will get them in the freezer asap!!!

What are people doing with your family visiting new baby? I'm not due till the beginning of May so still a few months left but I'm still worried about covid! I know the vaccine is being rolled out but out of mine and my fiancé's family, my fiance is the only one whos had it due to his work and hardly any of them will be offered it before baby's here. Stuck on what to do and wondering other people's opinions! 🙂
We’ve done a doorstep visit for grandparents, and other people have knocked on at ours with presents and we’ve chatted from the door.

My mil said about having a hold once she’s had the vaccine as she’s due it soon. Don’t think she realises that a vaccine won’t = a hold 😬

We’ve done a doorstep visit for grandparents, and other people have knocked on at ours with presents and we’ve chatted from the door.

My mil said about having a hold once she’s had the vaccine as she’s due it soon. Don’t think she realises that a vaccine won’t = a hold 😬
yeah not sure how I feel about holds.....may wear a sling to avoid that scenario

That checking for blood never goes away 😂 30 weeks and 4th pregnancy and I still do it 😂
Right up until I was due I’d still be checking. Goes from not wanting to see blood to hoping to see some and your plug has gone 😅

yeah not sure how I feel about holds.....may wear a sling to avoid that scenario
We kept baby in the car seat as I felt like if she wasn’t in it people would be more inclined to ask to hold her/get too close.

It does feel horrible not letting people hold her, but for me personally I don’t think it’s worth the risk. Everyone just has to do what they feel comfortable with.

Last edited:
Wish I knew the answer for that. My boobs are always sore but keep getting actual shooting pains through my nipples 😂
Never had it before and nothing stops it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.