Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just want to put this out there again for anyone suffering with sickness. Pregnacare vitamins are known to make a lot of women sick. You mistakenly put it down to morning sickness.
If you’re taking them and suffering, try a few days without and see if you improve.

Generic vit D and Folic acid can be taken separately.
My midwife told me a lot of the pregnancy vitamins which are “all in ones” can cause this. Apparently something to do with too much magnesium and zinc (IIRC).

Reactions: 1
Just want to put this out there again for anyone suffering with sickness. Pregnacare vitamins are known to make a lot of women sick. You mistakenly put it down to morning sickness.
If you’re taking them and suffering, try a few days without and see if you improve.

Generic vit D and Folic acid can be taken separately.
I was terrible on them. Xx

I think the iron in prenatal vitamins makes you feel sick too. The only day I actually vomited with morning sickness was when I’d taken prenatal vitamins on an empty stomach.

Reactions: 2
I’m taking pregnacare plus been on them a week now felt fine all week felt a bit sick yesterday but I make sure I take them with food and never on an empty stomach. They made my friend a bit sick I think but I suppose everyone is different x

edit my mum told me she had iron tablets when she had me which she was advised to do in the 90s and they made her horrifically sick. X

I’m not taking pregnacare. I’m just taking vitamin d and folic acid separately. I have high hcg levels which is linked to higher levels of sickness so I think I’m just unlucky haha

I’m not taking pregnacare. I’m just taking vitamin d and folic acid separately. I have high hcg levels which is linked to higher levels of sickness so I think I’m just unlucky haha
that is unlucky and I hope you feel better soon! It does seem to be long doesn’t it for the 12 week scan I am a few days behind you so I know exactly how you feel. Xx

Reactions: 2
My sickness has finally eased 👍🏻👍🏻 It’s now very, very mild and I am so bloody glad. 25 weeks tomorrow, so it’s been a long road.

ETA: actually 26 weeks tomorrow. Have lost a week somewhere 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Can I check with anyone doing this for the second or more time - is 3 newborn plus 3 0-3m sleepsuits ok for hospital bag (with vests as well)? On the off chance I have to stay a night or two (any longer and would get husband to bring stuff in). Just planning for covid-birth and likely limited partner visiting

Can I check with anyone doing this for the second or more time - is 3 newborn plus 3 0-3m sleepsuits ok for hospital bag (with vests as well)? On the off chance I have to stay a night or two (any longer and would get husband to bring stuff in). Just planning for covid-birth and likely limited partner visiting
I would say that's fine! With my first we didn't realise how much he would scratch himself so husband had to do a quick shop for babygrows with mittens in.

who has told you that you can’t out of interest? I’ve had two breast reconstructions but I’m still hopefully I will be able to breastfeed😊
Sorry I haven’t replied to your comment sooner, only just seen it. For my procedure they had to cut the milk duct to my nipples and couldn’t fix it cause they’re so delicate I believe?
I was told by the surgeon who did it that I won’t be able to breastfeed, My mum had to sign a disclaimer to say it was ok to go ahead knowing that I can’t breastfeed in the future

I usually do 3x newborn vests & sleepsuits and then 3x “up to 1 month”/“up to 10lbs” vests and sleepsuits. Even if you have a heftier baby, I find they fit in those. My second was almost 9lbs and fitted fine in newborn. 0-3 will likely drown a newbie.

I also bag mine up in wee sandwich bags together, with the size on the front, so you can grab a full set easily.

I usually do 3x newborn vests & sleepsuits and then 3x “up to 1 month”/“up to 10lbs” vests and sleepsuits. Even if you have a heftier baby, I find they fit in those. My second was almost 9lbs and fitted fine in newborn. 0-3 will likely drown a newbie.

I also bag mine up in wee sandwich bags together, with the size on the front, so you can grab a full set easily.
I’ve been told to bring 0-3 in case he is very long? To be honest the newborn ones I have are all different sizes when you compare them! Reluctant to spend lots of money on newborn/first size when he’ll only be in it for a few weeks - I have 7 newborn sleepsuits in total?? Not sure if that’s enough??

I’ve got sleepsuits/vest/nappy in sandwich bags labelled with the size 😉

I would say its fine. My last I stayed overnight and had 4 of each with me and did end up using all 4 though 😂 and she didn't even fit in the newborn 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Yeah I've got a second opinion in March.

Her only reason was literally the chance of infection.

I told her I was fully aware of all the risks.

I said how worried I was about tearing again and needing surgery and she said "Well, it's only a 7 out of 10 chance you'll tear that bad again anyway" 😑
I don’t understand how they can consultants can vary so much. My sister had an elective section because she wanted one. She didn’t want to give birth vaginally.

I’ve been told to bring 0-3 in case he is very long? To be honest the newborn ones I have are all different sizes when you compare them! Reluctant to spend lots of money on newborn/first size when he’ll only be in it for a few weeks - I have 7 newborn sleepsuits in total?? Not sure if that’s enough??

I’ve got sleepsuits/vest/nappy in sandwich bags labelled with the size 😉
I’m sure no matter what you have will be fine 😊 I’ve just always found 0-3 are very big on new ones, because they are still so curled up 🤣 they haven’t learnt to stretch yet! And you are so right about sizing, everywhere is different and it’s a bloody nightmare knowing what they will fit and when!

Glad he got a wee bit longer, but absolutely shocking that that is how long fathers are being allowed to stay to support their partner and see their new baby. Must be so hard for them, and for women who could really use the help.
I don’t think this is a COVID thing though, this was the case before COVID too.

That must depend on where you are. My husband was certainly allowed to stay longer than 2hrs after I had all 3 of mine, he stayed for over 5hrs with our last one.

At what gestation did you guys have your dating scan? I’ve had my appointment through and I’ll be almost 16 weeks when they see me, I’m on progesterone (supporting the pregnancy) I’m really nervous to wean off it next week with absolutely no one checking for another month that everything is ok :(
I’ve already had a private scan to confirm I was pregnant, I was just going to book another until someone said it’s unhealthy to be scanned too often, now I feel 🤯
I should be scanned every 2 weeks from 18 weeks - 24 (I was with my first baby) as I have an incompetent cervix - surely they wouldn’t do that if there was a danger to the foetus? 2 days stewing and my head is now a mess, any advice appreciate xx
Yea that’s really late I was 12 weeks 2 days for my dating scan then had my 20 week at just over 18 weeks they do the 20 week scan earlier here now

Yeah this was the case 3 years ago with my second, she was born at 9pm and as soon as I was sorted out and stitched up ect and moved, he had to leave so only had about 2 hours.
Although he was allowed back at 9am the next day until we went home at 5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.