Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had my 12 week scan today, everything looks great although I got scolded for not drinking enough to fill my bladder up 😂, pretty hard when every mouthful you want to spew 🙃.

Has anyone had the nub theory done? I know it's a bit of a gimmick but curious if anyone has done it and it's been right!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah I’ve been told I won’t speak to a midwife til 10 or 11 weeks. I need to have some vegetables today even though I really don’t fancy them. I’m 6 weeks and 2 days today. Fingers crossed I’ll see baby and a heartbeat at the scan tomorrow.
I wouldn’t worry too much, first trimester is about survival lol I ate so much toast and crisps 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Had my 12 week scan today, everything looks great although I got scolded for not drinking enough to fill my bladder up 😂, pretty hard when every mouthful you want to spew 🙃.

Has anyone had the nub theory done? I know it's a bit of a gimmick but curious if anyone has done it and it's been right!
I've never gone by nub theory. Always gone by skull theory and been 100% right every time 😂

How far are you I have a terrible memory recently can’t remember if I have seen you post about it I also love your user name my Nan used to give me those 😆 x
Haha I love them. I still buy them when they’re on offer 😁 I’m 7+2 was in the old thread but just been lurking on this one!

That’s so good you had a proper appointment. Mine was about ten minutes and when I saw the notes she ticked that she had discussed loads of stuff with me that she hadn’t grr
Gahh so frustrating - it’s so strange how different the care is based on where you are?! Is it your first baby? Hopefully they’ll be better after your 12 week scan 🤞🏼

It’s bad all morning. Yesterday I was ok from about 2-5 then I got home from work and it was bad again. Absolute worst in the morning though. What did your booking appointment consist of?
That sounds so rubbish, sorry you’re suffering 😔 it was so comprehensive - basically got asked loads of questions about medical history, personal situation, preferences for hospital to give birth in (lol I had absolutely no idea and just randomly picked one), height/weight, took loads of blood (like 4 vials of it?!) and a urine sample. OH and also booked my phone cal for 16 weeks. Pretty surprised they did all this as I’m only 7 weeks and everything seems so so far away!

Reactions: 1
Gahh so frustrating - it’s so strange how different the care is based on where you are?! Is it your first baby? Hopefully they’ll be better after your 12 week scan 🤞🏼
I’m 30+4 now! First baby. To be honest haven’t had massively in depth discussions with any midwives yet but I’m doing hypnobirthing and NCT and reading lots of books, plus a lot of my friends have had babies recently so don’t feel like I’m missing too much. But not great for other women I’m sure

I’m 30+4 now! First baby. To be honest haven’t had massively in depth discussions with any midwives yet but I’m doing hypnobirthing and NCT and reading lots of books, plus a lot of my friends have had babies recently so don’t feel like I’m missing too much. But not great for other women I’m sure
Argh no way! the discrepancies in care across the country are so odd. And yeah tbh with the internet and books and everything there’s so much info out there (almost too much haha). Glad you’re feeling ok about it though! How did you find NCT virtually? Is it worth it?

I've always found it to be accurate. Whether that's just coincidence, I don't know haha
This is mine! 20 week. What do you reckon? I have got a comparison with my sons scan at 20 weeks too and they look a little different

• Heart
I can't tell with mine at all😂 baby has a giant head but 😂
I'm pretty sure it's a girl!

Just for fun there's also a Chinese gender predictor online if you Google it... Mine was right although there was always gonna be a 5050 chance haha. But there was a Mumsnet thread a while ago where most of them said it was right!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Argh no way! the discrepancies in care across the country are so odd. And yeah tbh with the internet and books and everything there’s so much info out there (almost too much haha). Glad you’re feeling ok about it though! How did you find NCT virtually? Is it worth it?
First session is tomorrow night so I will report back!

I'm pretty sure it's a girl!

Just for fun there's also a Chinese gender predictor online if you Google it... Mine was right although there was always gonna be a 5050 chance haha. But there was a Mumsnet thread a while ago where most of them said it was right!
That prediction said girl too 🥰

Just been reading on another thread and the talk is pregnancy related. And it’s actually really scaring me! People talking about your uterus hanging out, wearing tena pants while smelling like a corpse! 🙈🙈I know they are talking about an influencer not being realistic about babies/ pregnancy/ birth- but it’s actually really upset and scared me. I know these sort of things happen but it’s making me so anxious. Like really badly this morning. Been crying to my other half about it because I feel like I won’t be able to do this whole birth thing! I was trying to be so positive about it, but as soon as I hear negative stories I completely feel washed over with anxiety and that down there will never be the same again and that I will be uncomfortable and pee myself for the rest of my life! It’s making me so panicked and I feel like I’m getting terrified of the birth!! Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being a wimp?😳😳Iv never been pregnant before and I just feel like I’m in another world at times. Any words of advice welcome xx
If it helps at all, I have had 4 babies, 3 of them were lovely (painful as hell but lovely!) homebirths (I was terrified of birth before my 1st) my uterus is just fine and stayed where is was supposed to be, i have never worn tena pants or peed myself. Admittedly I don’t think I have been on a trampoline since I had kids, but it has definitely never happened in day to day life. Even when I have been desperate and there were no toilets around 🤣 as for smelling like a corpse I had never heard of this until I saw your message. If you want to ask anything feel free, I promise you will be fine. Millions of women do it every single day. I won’t lie. I think labour is hard and painful, but it ends and in the grand scheme of things. Even if it’s a long labour it is still short lived.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If it helps at all, I have had 4 babies, 3 of them were lovely (painful as hell but lovely!) homebirths (I was terrified of birth before my 1st) my uterus is just fine and stayed where is was supposed to be, i have never worn tena pants or peed myself. Admittedly I don’t think I have been on a trampoline since I had kids, but it has definitely never happened in day to day life. Even when I have been desperate and there were no toilets around 🤣 as for smelling like a corpse I had never heard of this until I saw your message. If you want to ask anything feel free, I promise you will be fine. Millions of women do it every single day. I won’t lie. I think labour is hard and painful, but it ends and in the grand scheme of things. Even if it’s a long labour it is still short lived.
This is how I got myself through my first.
I kept thinking it's only ONE day or so of my whole life

That prediction said girl too 🥰
Chinese one for me got all 3 wrong 😂
Well, providing this one is a girl as they say, all 3 would be wrong haha

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This message is lovely and has really helped me! 🥰🥰I cant thank you enough. I never thought of it like that before- a short lived pain. It’s really making me think of it in a different way.
it means such a lot that you have taken the time to put my mind at rest xxx

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.