Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have a look at ‘delayed umbilical clamping’. It has loads of health benefits for the baby, the hospital where I had my first (8 years ago) didn’t do it but I’m going to ask about it with this one, more and more seem to be onboard xx
Oh yes definitely having this, it's just waiting a few mins before cutting the cord to ensure all the blood, stem cells and nutrients gets to baby including iron etc. I think it's quite routine now as it's part of NICE guidelines, unless there's any complications that mean baby needs urgent help straight after birth.

Reactions: 3
Oh yes definitely having this, it's just waiting a few mins before cutting the cord to ensure all the blood, stem cells and nutrients gets to baby including iron etc. I think it's quite routine now as it's part of NICE guidelines, unless there's any complications that mean baby needs urgent help straight after birth.
Yes I had this nearly 4 years ago now with with my son! Just sat in the birthing pool until it was done. Was so lovely 😍

Reactions: 2
Have a look at ‘delayed umbilical clamping’. It has loads of health benefits for the baby, the hospital where I had my first (8 years ago) didn’t do it but I’m going to ask about it with this one, more and more seem to be onboard xx
My trust does this as a matter of course now even in c-section which I’m really pleased about.

Reactions: 3
I can’t wait to ask my consultant (12th feb) about it (delayed clamping)I’m almost 11 weeks now, have little moments of panic where I don’t ‘feel’ pregnant anymore (although I am sickly most days etc), I’ve had 2 scans already, hoping I relax into it soon, not sure if it’s just lockdown making me overthink xx

Sickness is the worst it’s been so far today. Brushed my teeth and it made me throw up worse than I’ve ever thrown up in my life. I didn’t even go to the back of my throat. Sorry if TMI.

Now showering makes me sick, brushing my teeth makes me sick. Eating used to help but now it makes me sick. I’m just a useless lump at the moment haha
Sorry you are feeling so sick my friends ate these water crackers just to get something down. I kind of want to have sickness because I am worried I am just not normal because I feel fine other than my lack of appetite and then I only want to eat sweets and cereal. Xx

I can’t wait to ask my consultant (12th feb) about it (delayed clamping)I’m almost 11 weeks now, have little moments of panic where I don’t ‘feel’ pregnant anymore (although I am sickly most days etc), I’ve had 2 scans already, hoping I relax into it soon, not sure if it’s just lockdown making me overthink xx
I also feel fine no sickness I am a worrier and I feel the same as you although no sickness or maybe the sickness feeling is just not what I expected could be why I don’t fancy eating anything 🤷🏽‍♀️ X

Reactions: 1
Sorry you are feeling so sick my friends ate these water crackers just to get something down. I kind of want to have sickness because I am worried I am just not normal because I feel fine other than my lack of appetite and then I only want to eat sweets and cereal. Xx

I also feel fine no sickness I am a worrier and I feel the same as you although no sickness or maybe the sickness feeling is just not what I expected could be why I don’t fancy eating anything 🤷🏽‍♀️ X
I have never had sickness in any of my pregnancies.
Only symptom I've ever had is sore boobs and they come and go

I have never had sickness in any of my pregnancies.
Only symptom I've ever had is sore boobs and they come and go
I’ve got very sore boobs and I am bloated I get little cramps some days none some days I get some and that’s about it thanks for letting me know doesn’t help I am a worrying person x

[/QUOTE]

how far on are you? My sister in law

[/QUOTE

how far on are you? I know how you feel - it’s a relief when I feel ok and then I just panic that something is wrong. I hope my dating scan and blood screening will give me some comfort? I want to feel really happy being pregnant instead of worrying all of the time x

I’ve got very sore boobs and I am bloated I get little cramps some days none some days I get some and that’s about it thanks for letting me know doesn’t help I am a worrying person x
Just feel super lucky you don't have any 😊
Symptoms don't have any show on how the pregnancy is going 😊

Sickness is the worst it’s been so far today. Brushed my teeth and it made me throw up worse than I’ve ever thrown up in my life. I didn’t even go to the back of my throat. Sorry if TMI.

Now showering makes me sick, brushing my teeth makes me sick. Eating used to help but now it makes me sick. I’m just a useless lump at the moment haha
Join the club 😂 I've managed to not be sick for two weeks until this morning I projectiled 😂

Now my head is literally pulsating and I cant keep tablets down 😭😭

My friend had twin boys a few years ago and her sickness was so bad she had to be signed off work and she could barely eat 😟 think it was over by 14 weeks for her but returned again in late pregnancy, hopefully it doesn’t last too long for you, the first trimester is really the worst! 😣

My friend had twin boys a few years ago and her sickness was so bad she had to be signed off work and she could barely eat 😟 think it was over by 14 weeks for her but returned again in late pregnancy, hopefully it doesn’t last too long for you, the first trimester is really the worst! 😣
I've only got one in there and have been signed off for over 8 weeks 🙈 I'm 14 weeks and it's not getting much better, although I'm not being sick as frequently the headaches and nausea have been next level.

On a funnier note I have a parrot who is my total sidekick....I was being sick and he was with me and he was sitting on the pan going "woooooow" with the occasional "aw babe" thrown in 😂 least i have some entertainment while dying off 🤷

I thought being pregnant was all butterflies and smiles too 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Join the club 😂 I've managed to not be sick for two weeks until this morning I projectiled 😂

Now my head is literally pulsating and I cant keep tablets down 😭😭
Yes projectile is the word this morning. My husband was a bit shocked I think hahaha. We can get through this.

Oh man, I’m really hoping it does pass after this first trimester. Don’t want to be miserable this whole pregnancy. I’m so glad I have this week off but I don’t know how I’ll manage to get back to work next week.

Yeah I feel the same! Mostly just feel ‘off’ rather than properly nauseous and I haven’t been sick (yet lol). The only thing I cannot bear the thought of eating right now is fish and leafy green veg.

I have a private scan on Sat morning when I’ll be 8+5. Really really hoping to see something!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
how far on are you? My sister in law
[/QUOTE]

I think I am 7 and 3 today but this is guesstimate as the scan I had was a bit vague x

Yeah I feel the same! Mostly just feel ‘off’ rather than properly nauseous and I haven’t been sick (yet lol). The only thing I cannot bear the thought of eating right now is fish and leafy green veg.

I have a private scan on Sat morning when I’ll be 8+5. Really really hoping to see something!
Fingers crossed for you, keep us posted how you get on ❤

• Heart
Just came across this thread yay!
I'm currently 26w pregnant with my second (first was an emergency section), has anyone ever opted for an elective section? I'm leaning towards this more than vbac but wondering if people could share their stories!

Please don’t feel like this your uterus doesn’t hang out 😂 and you don’t smell like a corpse, I’ve had 2 natural births with no pain relief and it was absolutely fine, you can listen to your body and it will do what it needs to do, have you thought about hypno birthing?

I gave birth during lockdown last year and I was really worried but it was no different to my first birth except having to wear a face mask, I was glad people couldn’t come and visit after 😂 I was allowed home 4 hours after I gave birth to
Thank you so much for your reply! 🥰🥰🥰yes I have been looking into hypnobirthing and it’s most certainly a route I’m going to go down. Did you do it? Xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.