Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just rang the screening team in regards to my low Papp a number it was left off the form and depending on the number depends on the dosage of asprin, the head of department answered the phone she took my details and was shocked that two people had checked the results that were sent out and they were wrong I don't have low Papp a (increased risk or early birth, preeclampsia and low birth weight) my result was actually normal, she apologised and wanted to raise an internal complaint I told her it's fine but she was adamant 🙈 so if any of you get your screening results back with no number on there I would give them a call just incase!

Reactions: 2
Just came across this thread yay!
I'm currently 26w pregnant with my second (first was an emergency section), has anyone ever opted for an elective section? I'm leaning towards this more than vbac but wondering if people could share their stories!
I’m also 26 weeks! I’ll be having an elective section, I did with my last as well after some horrendous injuries from my second born and his bleeping enormous head 😫 the section was by far the best birth experience I’ve had ☺ Happy to answer any specifics you want to know!

Just rang the screening team in regards to my low Papp a number it was left off the form and depending on the number depends on the dosage of asprin, the head of department answered the phone she took my details and was shocked that two people had checked the results that were sent out and they were wrong I don't have low Papp a (increased risk or early birth, preeclampsia and low birth weight) my result was actually normal, she apologised and wanted to raise an internal complaint I told her it's fine but she was adamant 🙈 so if any of you get your screening results back with no number on there I would give them a call just incase!
Ah that’s good news, well done for chasing it up to check. You must be relieved.

Reactions: 1
My midwife is making noises about an elective section. I havnt had one with previous births.
How bad do you feel after a section? Is it a lot of pain, can you manage to do household things and care for baby? My husband doesn’t and won’t pull his weight round the house, 99% of the time I’m ok with it but if I had a section and couldn’t do anything for my other children there would be a problem.

My midwife is making noises about an elective section. I havnt had one with previous births.
How bad do you feel after a section? Is it a lot of pain, can you manage to do household things and care for baby? My husband doesn’t and won’t pull his weight round the house, 99% of the time I’m ok with it but if I had a section and couldn’t do anything for my other children there would be a problem.
My pain was no worse than with my other births. The two things I found difficult were carrying the wash basket down the stairs, but was fine by about day 7, and hoovering. I could 100% care for baby no issues at all. I couldn’t/didn’t lift my toddler for a bit, but he was happy to climb up etc instead.

But you do need to take it easy for a week or two to make sure you don’t overdo it. Do you have family or friends who could help? Or be able to afford a short term cleaner to take the pressure off?

I have just tried to request an elective section after a 3rd degree tear and have ended up with an appointment for a second opinion because she keeps basically telling me no and I have no need and it isn't worth the risks 😑

I’m also 26 weeks! I’ll be having an elective section, I did with my last as well after some horrendous injuries from my second born and his bleeping enormous head 😫 the section was by far the best birth experience I’ve had ☺ Happy to answer any specifics you want to know!
Sorry to ask but what injuries did you have? I gave birth to giant and had a second degree tear (it was fine though) but I’m still suffering with pain after nearly a year on

Sorry to ask but what injuries did you have? I gave birth to giant and had a second degree tear (it was fine though) but I’m still suffering with pain after nearly a year on
I had a 3rd degree tear, which was apparently “a hair’s width” from being a 4th degree 🤢😱 So they advised I had sections afterwards as they were worried it could tear along the same again and make it the whole way to 4th. Luckily I healed well, but they said should it happen again I most likely wouldn’t heal so well. I have no desire to be crapping myself forever more so was very happy to go for a section 🤣 My son had a huge head (he was only 8lbs 12 so not enormous) but he was back to back and stuck, so they had to use the big forceps for him. Was a total palaver. I would have still had discomfort - not necessarily pain- for a few years afterwards. But if you are worried about the pain you’re having you should definitely speak to a GP or midwife about it.

You're not alone. I still get pain from mine 3 years on ❤

The woman's words when stitching everything was "I think we've put everything back where it goes but can't quite tell. You might have to come back at a later date and get it sorted" 👌🏻😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
You're not alone. I still get pain from mine 3 years on ❤

The woman's words when stitching everything was "I think we've put everything back where it goes but can't quite tell. You might have to come back at a later date and get it sorted" 👌🏻😂
Bloody hell 🤣🤣🤣 I’m sure that filled you with confidence!

Tearing is what I’m most fearful of in labour, physically.
Were you cut or just allowed to tear?
I read that if you’re cut it can encourage a bigger tear. They used a piece of fabric as an example, try to rip it and it’ll stretch, put a nick in it and it’ll tear at that point so much easier so it did seem plausible? But then a cut is easier to stitch and controls the direction I’ve read too.
From actual experience could you say what’s best?
You can tell them your preference before hand and I’m unsure.

Last edited:
Tearing is what I’m most fearful of, physically.
Were you cut or just allowed to tear?
I read that if you’re cut it can encourage a bigger tear. They used a piece of fabric as an example, try to rip it and it’ll stretch, put a nick in it and it’ll tear at that point so much easier so it did seem plausible? But then a cut is easier to stitch and controls the directionI’ve seen too.
From actual experience could you say what’s best?
You can tell them your preference before hand and I’m unsure.
I tore naturally.
My friend has been cut and in a different pregnancy, tore naturally and she said the tearing naturally was easier to heal from and the cut did encourage a bigger tear

Hi guys, not sure I’m posting on the right thread but hopefully someone can help me 😅 have any of you had experience with implantation bleeding? If so what was it like? I thought I was coming on 2 days before my period was due as had pinky discharge. Lasted 2 days then stopped for a day, tiny bit of pinky discharge today but not much. Not sure if it’s implantation or if AF is being weird and gonna kick me in the ass in the next couple days just later than normal 😂

I was cut when I had my daughter, It healed fine after a month or so but I’m a bit worried it will happen again, is they’re a higher risk second time round ?

While we’re on the topic of elective c-sections, when I had my first baby I had a pre-eclampsia and ended up having a 3rd degree tear and lost around 2.5l of blood. I don’t remember any of my birth or the 24hrs afterwards, I don’t remember holding my baby for the first time or any of that, so only know anything from my partner. It was a really traumatic time for everyone, especially my partner who can’t watch anyone give birth on tv now because it brings back really crap memories for him. I was wondering what my chances of having a c-section actually are? I’m so worried I’m going to have to go through all that again now I’m pregnant again. I really don’t want to have to give birth naturally again

Hi guys, not sure I’m posting on the right thread but hopefully someone can help me 😅 have any of you had experience with implantation bleeding? If so what was it like? I thought I was coming on 2 days before my period was due as had pinky discharge. Lasted 2 days then stopped for a day, tiny bit of pinky discharge today but not much. Not sure if it’s implantation or if AF is being weird and gonna kick me in the ass in the next couple days just later than normal 😂
Hi, my implantation bleeding wasn't until around 6 weeks of pregnancy. However, that's exactly what it was. Some pinkish bleeding that then turned brown.
If your period is already due, then I'd just test anyway 😊 should certainly get a result

While we’re on the topic of elective c-sections, when I had my first baby I had a pre-eclampsia and ended up having a 3rd degree tear and lost around 2.5l of blood. I don’t remember any of my birth or the 24hrs afterwards, I don’t remember holding my baby for the first time or any of that, so only know anything from my partner. It was a really traumatic time for everyone, especially my partner who can’t watch anyone give birth on tv now because it brings back really crap memories for him. I was wondering what my chances of having a c-section actually are? I’m so worried I’m going to have to go through all that again now I’m pregnant again. I really don’t want to have to give birth naturally again
My only thing that was my actual concern is the blood loss.
I had the same, and lost a lot of blood and I thought that would be their reason for not saying yes to a csection. But apparently isn't a concern as they put a drip in your hand straight away as soon as you go in to the hospital whether that be in labour or for a csection.

I think it's all down to the hospitals as well as usually, a 3rd degree tear, they will agree to an elective csection however that doesn't seem to be the case for me! 😑😂

Last edited:
Amazing thank you!!
How was recovery if you have other children (my son will be 2)so worried about recovery. When did you get your date for the section? :)

I think you’re guaranteed a elective c-section given your history without any objections.
They can’t refuse you one anyway.
They can make it very difficult and try to talk you out of it, advise against etc but the can’t refuse.

thanks @StrawberryCream & @WhatABore re cut/tear - Very helpful to know

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.