Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We where the opposite I was 100% convinced ours was a boy and we had a boy name picked out for a while but no girl name and then found out at the 20 week scan that it was a girl 🙈🙈 but we actually managed to pick one really quickly as there wasn’t a lot we liked

I had a private scan last Friday and they told me the gender that wasn’t why I was there as we already knew the gender but she still double checked it for us. We went to window to the womb
That's where I'm going so hopefully they say the same!

Reactions: 1
I had the letter today for the 12 week scan and it stated no partners or children can attend. Sorry I ask a lot just when I had my scan two weeks ago she was so vague like 5/6 that’s all she said so I have no idea about days just weeks so I recon we could be exactly the same I am 7 weeks this week apparently the same size as a blueberry x
Yeah when I went to the hospital my husband wasn’t allowed in so I know he won’t be for my future hospital scans. He could come to private ones though. We’re going again next Saturday to check on them. No it’s ok. Yeah I think we’re around the same. They’ll tell you what you’re measuring at at the scan and tell you a due date so just go by that when you know :) I’m due September 3rd but obviously as it’s twins it’ll be more like early August (if I’m lucky).

• Heart
Yeah when I went to the hospital my husband wasn’t allowed in so I know he won’t be for my future hospital scans. He could come to private ones though. We’re going again next Saturday to check on them. No it’s ok. Yeah I think we’re around the same. They’ll tell you what you’re measuring at at the scan and tell you a due date so just go by that when you know :) I’m due September 3rd but obviously as it’s twins it’ll be more like early August (if I’m lucky).
I recon we are the same too because when she measured me it said 2.8 which was more than 5 on the chart says 5 weeks 3 days so that makes me 7 and 2 today but then again it could be completely wrong who knows haha I would love an august baby! I always used to say I wanted twins I think it’s marvellous 👶👶 xx

I find boys names are really hard until you suddenly happen across one you both love. Whereas with girls, making a shortlist is much easier as there's so many pretty choices but choosing the exact right one is really hard!

Reactions: 2
I recon we are the same too because when she measured me it said 2.8 which was more than 5 on the chart says 5 weeks 3 days so that makes me 7 and 2 today but then again it could be completely wrong who knows haha I would love an august baby! I always used to say I wanted twins I think it’s marvellous 👶👶 xx
Aw yeah I’ve said my whole life that I’d love twins and now it’s actually happened I still can’t quite believe it. I feel so lucky and blessed but also cautious in case it’s not true!

I find boys names are really hard until you suddenly happen across one you both love. Whereas with girls, making a shortlist is much easier as there's so many pretty choices but choosing the exact right one is really hard!
I’ve been looking through girls names lists and I just don’t connect to many at all. Then when I do kind of like one I can’t see myself with a daughter with that name. Let’s hope it’s two boys for me.

Reactions: 4
Have you got baby name tinder? It helped me and my husband.

You link up on it and when you like names it lets you know if you’ve got a match. It’s quite fun!

Have you got baby name tinder? It helped me and my husband.

You link up on it and when you like names it lets you know if you’ve got a match. It’s quite fun!
Omg what 😂 this sounds so wrong yet so so right at the same time! Off to check it out!

No joke we talked for five minutes about baby names and we have an option for both he’s very passionate about choosing things. I also told him about placenta plus not that I want it but he now thinks I’m even more crazy than I was yesterday 🤣

Oh yes encapsulation of placenta... thoughts? Is it just some strange fad or is it actually a thing done by more people than just celebrities?

Oh yes encapsulation of placenta... thoughts? Is it just some strange fad or is it actually a thing done by more people than just celebrities?
Iv never heard of anyone doing this other than the kardashians 😂 not sure what all the benefits are, apparently it helps with menopause? Think I’d rather just go through normal menopause than ask midwives if I can keep my placenta 😆

I read about encapsulating the placenta a while ago and the gist I got was that there are some benefits but also some risks. Bit of a fad and not actually worth it.

That’s just the conclusion I made. Always good to make up your own mind.

I’ve never done it, and don’t plan to. I tick along just fine without consuming my internal organs 🤢

It's mainly a fad I believe. I've seen a doctor talking about it before and it's a complete waste of time

I read about encapsulating the placenta a while ago and the gist I got was that there are some benefits but also some risks. Bit of a fad and not actually worth it.

That’s just the conclusion I made. Always good to make up your own mind.
Yeah tbh I was just being too lazy to Google it and fall down a potential rabbit hole of fake hippy science 😂. I'm sure there may be some benefits but I'm not entirely sure I would fancy consuming one of my own organs 🤢

Just been reading on another thread and the talk is pregnancy related. And it’s actually really scaring me! People talking about your uterus hanging out, wearing tena pants while smelling like a corpse! 🙈🙈I know they are talking about an influencer not being realistic about babies/ pregnancy/ birth- but it’s actually really upset and scared me. I know these sort of things happen but it’s making me so anxious. Like really badly this morning. Been crying to my other half about it because I feel like I won’t be able to do this whole birth thing! I was trying to be so positive about it, but as soon as I hear negative stories I completely feel washed over with anxiety and that down there will never be the same again and that I will be uncomfortable and pee myself for the rest of my life! It’s making me so panicked and I feel like I’m getting terrified of the birth!! Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I just being a wimp?😳😳Iv never been pregnant before and I just feel like I’m in another world at times. Any words of advice welcome xx
Please don’t feel like this your uterus doesn’t hang out 😂 and you don’t smell like a corpse, I’ve had 2 natural births with no pain relief and it was absolutely fine, you can listen to your body and it will do what it needs to do, have you thought about hypno birthing?

I’m 30 weeks pregnant with my second and terrified to give birth in this pandemic 😭
I gave birth during lockdown last year and I was really worried but it was no different to my first birth except having to wear a face mask, I was glad people couldn’t come and visit after 😂 I was allowed home 4 hours after I gave birth to

• Heart
So my friend mentioned it and it’s not something I am interested in but I didn’t think people actually did it x

Please don’t feel like this your uterus doesn’t hang out 😂 and you don’t smell like a corpse, I’ve had 2 natural births with no pain relief and it was absolutely fine, you can listen to your body and it will do what it needs to do, have you thought about hypno birthing?

I gave birth during lockdown last year and I was really worried but it was no different to my first birth except having to wear a face mask, I was glad people couldn’t come and visit after 😂 I was allowed home 4 hours after I gave birth to
I actually saw this other thread as well and it scared me so I have stopped reading it some of the things peoples say I think is awful and too far and also scares people into thinking they can’t do something don’t read there because it will just make you anxious which none of us need especially when it’s so far fetched x

Have a look at ‘delayed umbilical clamping’. It has loads of health benefits for the baby, the hospital where I had my first (8 years ago) didn’t do it but I’m going to ask about it with this one, more and more seem to be onboard xx

Reactions: 4
Sickness is the worst it’s been so far today. Brushed my teeth and it made me throw up worse than I’ve ever thrown up in my life. I didn’t even go to the back of my throat. Sorry if TMI.

Now showering makes me sick, brushing my teeth makes me sick. Eating used to help but now it makes me sick. I’m just a useless lump at the moment haha

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Placenta encapsulation - in summary from what I read, anecdotally women claim many benefits, particularly with post partum depression. However, there’s literally no evidence or
suggestion of any health benefits from medical professionals and there’s no real reason to even think there could be or evidence to support reduction in PPD.
There’s ‘research’ (collated responses from women who’ve tried it) where women have reported benefits but any real medical blind trials have shown nothing.

The idea behind consuming the placenta is that it is high in iron and vitamins but there’s nothing saying these remain after the encapsulation or at what levels and there are better sources.
There’s also risk of infection and claims of danger from the heavy metals and hormones that accumulate in the placenta.
Finally, the people that offer the process are often doulas or alternative health practitioners and the processes can be questionable.
Given the risk and lack of anything to say there are benefits, the CDC advises against it.

Obviously there’s a big argument for placebo affect when it comes to PPD which can be hugely beneficial though.

I had no idea what it even was before reading various articles and I support alternative medicine, obviously do your own research but this one sounded like snake oil to me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.