Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh my husband is like this. I’ve read so many books and done so much research already on safe sleeping, breastfeeding, birth etc but husband still thinks he knows better despite doing eff all research 🙄
Any books you recommend? Xx

I said the exact same thing to my husband the other week that if I didn’t bother buying anything for the baby it would be born with absolutely nothing 😂 and he’s the same about the bump moving, absolutely not interested in feeling it, as long as she’s moving around and I can feel her then he’s happy 😂
For the first time mums commenting the same about their partners lack of interest try not to be too disheartened because they will be fine when baby is born, mabye pregnancy just freaks men out? 😅
He is excited but also thinks he is choosing everything and unfortunately for him he is mistaken 🤣

Reactions: 1
I have my 12 week scan on 19th Feb obviously have to go alone. Do you think I should book one privately so my partner can come with me as I want to share it with him however I have read on here about having too many scans is not a good idea? Have any of you had additional private ones so you could attend with your partners x
There's no risk from scans - no radiation or anything, people who claim risks from scans don't understand how they work and seem to think they're like X-rays 🤦‍♀️
If you're booking private it'd go for sometime in the middle between your 12 and 20 week. I got major anxiety then because its such a long time when you cant feel them yet.

Reactions: 4
Any books you recommend? Xx
Positive Birth Book by Milli Hill is good, as is Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth - the latter mainly if you are interested in learning about natural drug free labour and don’t mind pictures of naked hippie women giving birth with giant bushes of pubic hair 😂

Currently reading Positive Breastfeeding Book which is ok but I think you can learn about Bfing from other sources including the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well, just got out of my scan. I’m having twins.
OMG, Congratulations!!!! I can't even imagine the emotions you've been through the last few weeks! So pleased for you.

Suggestions for cribs/bassinets/ moses baskets that aren't ugly?
Is it too much to ask for that the baby's bed looks nice in my room and not some ugly net contraption? 😂
I hate the net too but there's videos online of a babies fallen down the side of cribs and Christ! You can see why it's net - don't even watch it, scary stuff!!

I personally really like the snuzz pod because it comes in so many different finishes.

However.... We're borrowing a next2me my Mum had gifted my cousin (with a new mattress) and while it isn't attractive, anyone I've mentioned it to who has one, absolutely swears by them.
Also, they grow out of them so quickly, I think it lasted her son 6-7 months, I'm thinking the saving can go toward something really fancy at the next stage that'll last a few years at least. (This poor kid is in second hand everything pretty much for the for the 6 months 😂)

Reactions: 2
Thanks everyone. We’re so happy, what a crazy day.

It looks like they’re identical but they can’t be sure til they’re a bit bigger. One is measuring almost a week ahead of the other so the little one is hiding. But two heartbeats!

Just told my parents and sister on FaceTime and their reactions were insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

It looks like they’re identical but they can’t be sure til they’re a bit bigger. One is measuring almost a week ahead of the other so the little one is hiding. But two heartbeats!

Aw that's amazing! Congratulations!

I could literally ball my eyes out for you thinking of their reactions 😭😭😭❤❤❤

Reactions: 4
Positive Birth Book by Milli Hill is good, as is Ina May Gaskin’s Guide to Childbirth - the latter mainly if you are interested in learning about natural drug free labour and don’t mind pictures of naked hippie women giving birth with giant bushes of pubic hair 😂

Currently reading Positive Breastfeeding Book which is ok but I think you can learn about Bfing from other sources including the internet.
Thankyou so much for this xxx

For breast feeding “The womanly art of breastfeeding” is a definite go to. Or anything else by la leche league.
Thanks hun 🥰xx

@Kitt that is absolutely amazing news!!! Especially after a rocky start these last weeks. Congratulations to you and OH!

I agree with @Tui that some online resources are fab, and have done away with the need for many books. For breastfeeding I’d recommend Kellymom.

Reactions: 2
OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING! although I don’t know you I am so happy for you wow amazing what did you other half say? Xxx
Aww bless you. Thanks so much. He’s so so happy. He keeps saying ‘I’m so happy’ which is lovely. I’m so glad he was there to see it with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.