Pregnancy #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear if I didn’t do any of the buying stuff for our kids they’d all be naked (and probably happy that way, an especially). My husband would never think to buy anything for a new baby or one of the older kids (practical stuff). It’s just not on his radar.

He also hates seeing and feeling bump movement. It freaks him out. But as @WhatABore says once the baby is here, he’s all about the cuddles and love.

Reactions: 3
I know he’ll be a lovely dad and I’m looking forward to seeing him like that. He struggles to remember to ask if I’m ok after being sick, he’s just not clued in at the moment. I’m hoping today he’ll see baby and it might switch him on a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I said to my husband last night ‘I think I’ve found the crib I like.’ And he said ‘ok favourite it’ and didn’t ask to see it. Wish they were excited as us about things like that. Yeah it’s that type of place but just one local to us.
My partner wanted to see what colours they do and if it will match our room 🤣 he’s not exactly a mans man though x

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I know he’ll be a lovely dad and I’m looking forward to seeing him like that. He struggles to remember to ask if I’m ok after being sick, he’s just not clued in at the moment. I’m hoping today he’ll see baby and it might switch him on a bit.
My husband keeps offering me things I can't have. Like baileys at Christmas, tablets when my hips are bad. Its our second and he keeps forgetting 🤣

Reactions: 3
My partner wanted to see what colours they do and if it will match our room 🤣 he’s not exactly a mans man though x
The thing is my husband isn’t a ‘man’s man’ either. He just goes through bad patches where he forgets to be thoughtful and gets lazy and I have to remind him to just think.

Anything to do with the dog though he’s amazing. He truly loves that dog more than me haha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
My partner is a really good dad to my step son he never made me change a nappy or anything still gave us endless laughs with tied tea towels over our noses and windows opened so I have faith in him and he is excited however he is choosing everything for himself inc looking at baby carriers to match his clothes 🤣 he will get excited it’s half you half him 🥺 xx

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think men are just a bit useless in general aren’t they? Even the best ones are just not on our level hahaha

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The thing is my husband isn’t a ‘man’s man’ either. He just goes through bad patches where he forgets to be thoughtful and gets lazy and I have to remind him to just think.

Anything to do with the dog though he’s amazing. He truly loves that dog more than me haha
Aww men and dogs 🐕 that is the impression my mum has about my dad he even buys the dog presents and labels them to the kids 🤦🏽‍♀️
I think men are just a bit useless in general aren’t they? Even the best ones are just not on our level hahaha
hahahahahah this made me chuckle

My husband keeps offering me things I can't have. Like baileys at Christmas, tablets when my hips are bad. Its our second and he keeps forgetting 🤣
My partner doesn’t even drink so he is always designated driver and all alcohol is only consumed by me so his mum likes to ring me and tell me about new gin she’s had just to wind me up!

I think this is the thing with a lot of men... They can't see it or feel it so it isn't really that real to them until the baby is right infront of them

See in the UK, do you only get offered the gestational diabetes glucose test if your showing symptoms or if your a risk factor? Or does everyone just get it?

See in the UK, do you only get offered the gestational diabetes glucose test if your showing symptoms or if your a risk factor? Or does everyone just get it?
If you have risk factors or clinical suspicion

Reactions: 2
Thanks, I heard the drink is orange and I am TERRIFIED of oranges (don't ask 😂) so I was having visions of having a meltdown if I HAD to have it 🙈
With lockdown ect, to limit the time in the hospital, they aren't doing the drink anymore. It's just fasting from 10pm the night before and you go in, have a blood test and go home, that's it.

Both times I've had it too with my other 2 children, the drink has been lemon and lime haha

With lockdown ect, to limit the time in the hospita l, they aren't doing the drink anymore. It's just fasting from 10pm the night before and you go in, have a blood test and go home, that's it
Thanks, I could defo manage that then 🙈 although hopefully I won't need one anyway

Thanks, I could defo manage that then 🙈 although hopefully I won't need one anyway
Yeah you should be fine 😊
They're trying to limit the times as much as possible anyway so that's just what they do now. I was very relieved to not have to sit for 2 hours in a waiting room haha

Suggestions for cribs/bassinets/ moses baskets that aren't ugly?

Is it too much to ask for that the baby's bed looks nice in my room and not some ugly net contraption? 😂

Is it too much to ask for that the baby's bed looks nice in my room and not some ugly net contraption? 😂
I like the look of the tutti bambini cozee. Might not be your thing but I’ve definitely got my eye on it.

I just have a simple wicker moses basket in a stand

I swear if I didn’t do any of the buying stuff for our kids they’d all be naked (and probably happy that way, an especially). My husband would never think to buy anything for a new baby or one of the older kids (practical stuff). It’s just not on his radar.

He also hates seeing and feeling bump movement. It freaks him out. But as @WhatABore says once the baby is here, he’s all about the cuddles and love.
I said the exact same thing to my husband the other week that if I didn’t bother buying anything for the baby it would be born with absolutely nothing 😂 and he’s the same about the bump moving, absolutely not interested in feeling it, as long as she’s moving around and I can feel her then he’s happy 😂
For the first time mums commenting the same about their partners lack of interest try not to be too disheartened because they will be fine when baby is born, mabye pregnancy just freaks men out? 😅

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.