Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's a bit of personal preference.
I continued our exact same routines as before so it didn't seem like baby was coming in changing everything
@grumpycat thank you ladies both helpful responses. I think I’ll keep up the usual routine but like suggested if she’s feeling a bit blue and wanting to stay with me and the baby I’ll let her initially- my husband will be off anyway so I’m sure we would manage although she would get bored I’m sure!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anyone else just so sick of peeing now?! I swear I must have the comfiest bladder in the world, he’s never off it 🤣
It honestly takes some getting used to after birth to not peeing so much. For the first month or so I sit there and thinking.. Hmm have I peed myself? I should need to pee by now surely? It's been hours? 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@Gorbs @I’mThankyou_ and any other twin mums when are you packing your hospital bag? The book I’m reading at the moment says it should be done by 28 weeks just to be safe. Not sure if I’m going to be that organised as I’m still going into work full time 😅

@Gorbs @I’mThankyou_ and any other twin mums when are you packing your hospital bag? The book I’m reading at the moment says it should be done by 28 weeks just to be safe. Not sure if I’m going to be that organised as I’m still going into work full time 😅
Mines packed 😂 Well no, the babies bag is packed, I've still not sorted mine.

In case anybody is interested in going to The Baby and Toddler Show at Sandown Park the first weekend of October, the code EDS65 gets you two complimentary tickets (not sure if the code works on the other dates elsewhere in the country).

In case anybody is interested in going to The Baby and Toddler Show at Sandown Park the first weekend of October, the code EDS65 gets you two complimentary tickets (not sure if the code works on the other dates elsewhere in the country).
Ooooh! Thank you so much! I was looking for a baby show. I went to this one with my last pregnancy and enjoyed myself. Gonna book on x

Reactions: 1
Oh ok maybe I’ll start thinking about making a list of what I need in the next couple of weeks. I’m not a light packer when i go away so worried about how big my bag or rather suitcase is going to be 😂

I got an IKEA bag (partner was away with the small case!) and threw stuff into it over a couple of days as I was sorting through babies stuff and deliveries arrived 😆 oh a nightie, Chuck in the bag, oh pads, yeah chuck em in the bag.
must order a eye mask and extra long cable though

• Heart
Oh ok maybe I’ll start thinking about making a list of what I need in the next couple of weeks. I’m not a light packer when i go away so worried about how big my bag or rather suitcase is going to be 😂
If it helps, the twins have a small cabin suitcase of their own, I've packed a lot just in case. & I'll be taking a cabin suitcase for me too, I'm terrible at packing and will always over pack haha. I've had it ready from about 26 weeks but I only washed their stuff last night. I just wanted it ready so it could live in the boot and be done with as there's not much time left 😂

Reactions: 1
Hey everyone, this has probably been discussed before but I don’t have it in me to read all the previous threads 😂. I’m pregnant with my first baby and I’m wondering what your absolute must haves were for your babies if you’ve had one before? There’s so much online and I don’t want to find myself buying things I won’t use or need! Thanks in advance! 💗

• Heart
For the first time I am the most pregnant woman in this waiting room and I am loving my life 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Hey everyone, this has probably been discussed before but I don’t have it in me to read all the previous threads 😂. I’m pregnant with my first baby and I’m wondering what your absolute must haves were for your babies if you’ve had one before? There’s so much online and I don’t want to find myself buying things I won’t use or need! Thanks in advance! 💗
Honestly, don’t go over the top. It’s so easy to buy so much, especially clothes, that never get worn or used!

- next to me cot for the first 6 months. The side normally zips down, so perfect to getting baby in and out
- bouncer of some sort. Doesn’t have to be a fancy one. One that lies flat and vibrates
- prep machine - makes the perfect bottle in under 2 minutes
- mam bottles for easy self sterilising (you can stick these in the microwave for 3 minutes for one bottle!)
- clothes wise, I love my little ones in sleepsuits for the first 6 months. I remember my husband dressed our 6 day old baby in jeans. A 6 day old in bloody jeans. What were we thinking 😂
- car seat with iso fix base. They are the best invention. Just click it in and out. Perfect!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Next to me crib, Moses basket for downstairs, bouncer (chair), playmat for floor, rucksack change bag!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Honestly, don’t go over the top. It’s so easy to buy so much, especially clothes, that never get worn or used!

- next to me cot for the first 6 months. The side normally zips down, so perfect to getting baby in and out
- bouncer of some sort. Doesn’t have to be a fancy one. One that lies flat and vibrates
- prep machine - makes the perfect bottle in under 2 minutes
- mam bottles for easy self sterilising (you can stick these in the microwave for 3 minutes for one bottle!)
- clothes wise, I love my little ones in sleepsuits for the first 6 months. I remember my husband dressed our 6 day old baby in jeans. A 6 day old in bloody jeans. What were we thinking 😂
- car seat with iso fix base. They are the best invention. Just click it in and out. Perfect!
Thank you! Heard so many good things about the mam bottles definitely going to get those! Babies in jeans makes my skin crawl😂no offence to anyone who dresses their baby in jeans. Sleepsuits for as long as possible for me!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
20 weeks this week and I seem to have developed a massive bump almost overnight over the weekend - it's now bigger than my boobs!

However, today I feel like it's suddenly firmed up a lot. Until recently it still felt very much like a jelly belly and I could still bend down etc. because my belly just squished, but now even if I sit too far forward I can feel pressure. It's still not dead hard, but feels like I've got a very full water balloon stuffed in my belly 😂

Wasn't expecting to be this uncomfortable this early!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you! Heard so many good things about the mam bottles definitely going to get those! Babies in jeans makes my skin crawl😂no offence to anyone who dresses their baby in jeans. Sleepsuits for as long as possible for me!
I know. Jeans are a no go for me now 😂 my nearly 2 year old is rarely in jeans. I just love him being comfy in tracksuit bottoms
Also, I will add, if you are planning to have more babies, I would get a more expensive buggy and probably one of those 4moms rockers. Because the last is always my last, I always get rid and have to start again 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.