Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Growth scan today, baby has decided centiles mean nothing to them 😬😅

Measuring off the 97th centile... Currently 27+4 but measuring over 29 weeks and they weigh 3.2lb rather than the estimated 1.9lb...!

Gotta go for the glucose tolerance blood test on Friday to rule out gestational diabetes. The midwife said she's not concerned, it could be a growth spurt and they may level off again... But jeez! 😳 What a chunk!

Anyone else experienced similar? I'm only small and worried about potentially squeezing a chunker out now 😬😅
Baby 1 was predicted to be 10lbs, she was 7lbs 10
Baby 2 was predicted to be 12lbs (imagine my horror!), he was 8lbs 12
Baby 3 they never predicted 🧐
Baby 4 was measuring so big I was sent for a GTT one week, and then my fundal height was too small so I was sent for a growth scan the next. (Incidentally he was 9lbs 1oz)

Don’t worry. The scans are so often wrong!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Growth scan today, baby has decided centiles mean nothing to them 😬😅

Measuring off the 97th centile... Currently 27+4 but measuring over 29 weeks and they weigh 3.2lb rather than the estimated 1.9lb...!

Gotta go for the glucose tolerance blood test on Friday to rule out gestational diabetes. The midwife said she's not concerned, it could be a growth spurt and they may level off again... But jeez! 😳 What a chunk!

Anyone else experienced similar? I'm only small and worried about potentially squeezing a chunker out now 😬😅
I was always measuring 3-4 weeks ahead from 24 weeks!

Has anyone got any tips to help with heartburn? This is becoming the end of me, I feel like I'm constantly drinking gaviscon 😩

Reactions: 1
Me too!!! You know what i want to watch? FOOTBALLERS WIVES

I KNEW I FOUND MY PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD
I cannot find anywhere to watch footballers wives but had girls is on catch up on the drama channel 🤣 footballers wives maybe on movies 123! Remember the footballers wives/bad girls crossover when Tanya Turner was sent to larkhall? 🤣 iconic times

Has anyone got any tips to help with heartburn? This is becoming the end of me, I feel like I'm constantly drinking gaviscon 😩
Gaviscon, love hearts sweets, milk/milkshake and swearing profusely 😂 I feel you, my heartburn is so bad (as I frequently complain about here haha)

Talking of classic tv - I discovered a site called UK TV Play. You can sign up for free and watch loads of series, including Bad Girls. I got the app on our smart tv for watching Whose Line Is It Anyway USA ☺

I
Isn’t she amazing! Remember the storyline of them swapping the babies! And the young footballer that went in a hot air balloon! That’s all I remember! 😂

I need to get our sky to work on our PlayStation again! What else do I have to do now when I can’t go out drinking!

Just an on topic question, did any of you have nausea but no sickness? It have it all day and I can’t focus on work ginger tea and snacks don’t seem to help either 😖
I was only sick once but I felt sick for about 16 ish weeks like to the point I couldn’t sit up I lost over half a stone and lived on sweets and ginger shots xx

Isn’t she amazing! Remember the storyline of them swapping the babies! And the young footballer that went in a hot air balloon! That’s all I remember! 😂

I need to get our sky to work on our PlayStation again! What else do I have to do now when I can’t go out drinking!

Just an on topic question, did any of you have nausea but no sickness? It have it all day and I can’t focus on work ginger tea and snacks don’t seem to help either 😖
I had nausea with absolutely no sickness I found cola cube hard sweets to be an absolute godsend 🙏🏾

Anyone got super sensitive boobs?! I'm 27 weeks and didn't have it with my first. They're constantly hard and sensitive!

I

I was only sick once but I felt sick for about 16 ish weeks like to the point I couldn’t sit up I lost over half a stone and lived on sweets and ginger shots xx
Only another 10 weeks to go then! 🙃 I have a wedding on Friday I’m going to stock up on ginger ale to see if it helps at all, otherwise everyone will know somethings wrong with me!

I had nausea with absolutely no sickness I found cola cube hard sweets to be an absolute godsend 🙏🏾
Oo I’ll try them thank you!

Thank you! Honestly it’s the bane of my life at the moment 😅
Mine too, I hate it has no rhyme or reason, I had a whole day with ‘bland’ foods and it was just as bad! Thought duck it and had a burger with jalapeños 🤤 and I swear it wasn’t any worse 😂😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I cannot find anywhere to watch footballers wives but had girls is on catch up on the drama channel 🤣 footballers wives maybe on movies 123! Remember the footballers wives/bad girls crossover when Tanya Turner was sent to larkhall? 🤣 iconic times
YES!!! I remember the baby swap episode! Iconic TV

Anyone got super sensitive boobs?! I'm 27 weeks and didn't have it with my first. They're constantly hard and sensitive!
Yess this was prob my first symptom and have stayed mega sensitive. I live in sports bras it’s the only way!

Reactions: 2
YES!!! I remember the baby swap episode! Iconic TV
She swapped the baby with amber and ended up putting fake tan on the child to pass off as ambers for a paternity test 🥴 then the baby died because ambers tiger sat on it 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Love the thread name and me and you might give birth in this thread! I have my growth scan tomorrow hoping she has grown or it may be an early induction which I really don’t want x
Oh my goodness how crazy we might, although tbh the rate we go through these threads I think I've got at least another full one left. Hope your growth scan goes well. It's such a worrying time but focusing on the positives you've made it to a decent gestation 💖💫

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I did. All the way through to about 14/15 weeks - was never actually sick but just felt sick allll the time - it’s horrible isn’t it. Have you tried ice lollies? I found rocket lollies helped a bit and helped with feeling dehydrated when I got sick of just drinking water

She swapped the baby with amber and ended up putting fake tan on the child to pass off as ambers for a paternity test 🥴 then the baby died because ambers tiger sat on it 🥴
This sounds like my kind of program 😂

• Heart
Yes. In all 4 pregnancies, but especially bad in no 3 and 4, when it lasted the whole pregnancy. Everyone finds something different that works for them, for me it was fizzy drinks and sweets. If it gets very bad or lasts longer than you’d expect, ask your dr for meds.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.