Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had my induction moved forward so I’m going in tomorrow. Nervous and excited and have replenished the snack bag after I’ve been raiding it for the last week 😁

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I’ve had my induction moved forward so I’m going in tomorrow. Nervous and excited and have replenished the snack bag after I’ve been raiding it for the last week 😁
Waaa!!! So exciting! I cannot believe your time is here already! I can’t wait to hear your news, lovely! ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Oh my goodness, good luck! Will you be the first baby of our new thread?? 💫✨⭐

• Heart
When were you able to feel/see the baby moving from the outside? I’m nearly 21weeks and I can feel him moving but my husband is getting sad he can’t see or feel anything yet!

Reactions: 1
When were you able to feel/see the baby moving from the outside? I’m nearly 21weeks and I can feel him moving but my husband is getting sad he can’t see or feel anything yet!
Everyone's different as everyone carries their weight differently.
I've always carried my weight on my stomach so it took longer for me!

It'll happen ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I could only start feeling it at 24 weeks and I’ve a posterior placenta and should have felt it earlier! I’m slim enough also so I don’t understand the hold up 🤣🤣

• Heart
with my first, the growth scans had him measuring around 8-9lbs at birth (so probably not considered “big” baby) and when he was born he was 6lb12oz so on the smaller side. My bump measured massive as well, if I hadn’t been sent for a growth scan we’d have been expecting an 11lb baby.
I refused to even buy any newborn clothes so as you can imagine my boy was drowned in the 0-3mnth clothes we bought and it meant an emergency trip to Tesco when I was eventually let out of the hospital.
I guess my point is to take all the scans you get with a pinch of salt, it might be that they’ve got your dates wrong and baby will come earlier than expected or that your midwife is right and baby just had an earlier growth spurt
Can vouch for this, I was induced because they said my baby would be big and she was born a few days early at 7lb 12oz. I only had up to one month size clothes, no newborn, and she didn’t fit in those until she was 7 weeks old! Thank god for Next accounts and their next day delivery…

Yes. In all 4 pregnancies, but especially bad in no 3 and 4, when it lasted the whole pregnancy. Everyone finds something different that works for them, for me it was fizzy drinks and sweets. If it gets very bad or lasts longer than you’d expect, ask your dr for meds.
Ive ate about 8 rice cakes today cause they helped at first but now they don’t. I’ll try sweets, I don’t usually drink fizzy drinks but our tap water tastes weird to me now. I don’t care what anyone says water 100% has a taste!

I did. All the way through to about 14/15 weeks - was never actually sick but just felt sick allll the time - it’s horrible isn’t it. Have you tried ice lollies? I found rocket lollies helped a bit and helped with feeling dehydrated when I got sick of just drinking water
I’ll try rocket lollies too! We’ve got those watermelon ice creams from aldi and they’ve kind of helped but I didn’t think to use them to replace water!

Reactions: 5
Ive ate about 8 rice cakes today cause they helped at first but now they don’t. I’ll try sweets, I don’t usually drink fizzy drinks but our tap water tastes weird to me now. I don’t care what anyone says water 100% has a taste!

I’ll try rocket lollies too! We’ve got those watermelon ice creams from aldi and they’ve kind of helped but I didn’t think to use them to replace water!
Probably a wee bit of trial and error to see if you find something that helps. I also found chewing gum helped for a little while (until it started making it worse 🙈)

Ice poles too!

• Heart
I don’t usually drink fizzy drinks but our tap water tastes weird to me now. I don’t care what anyone says water 100% has a taste!
I've been tasting a difference in water over the past week. I filter ours but it just tastes nasty, and even that is giving me heartburn these days! 🤭

Question for anyone with nursery age children- will you send them to nursery when the baby comes or keep them off so that they can bond with the new baby etc? I was planning to keep sending her as tbh I thought recovery with a new baby would be a lot easier if she was at nursery- but now I’m worried she will feel shipped off and replaced by the new baby. Not sure what’s best?

Question for anyone with nursery age children- will you send them to nursery when the baby comes or keep them off so that they can bond with the new baby etc? I was planning to keep sending her as tbh I thought recovery with a new baby would be a lot easier if she was at nursery- but now I’m worried she will feel shipped off and replaced by the new baby. Not sure what’s best?
Such a good question. I haven’t thought about it yet - I think we will see how it goes (due near Xmas - so he could be off anyway) and follow his lead. I think the break will do him good (his own space as such) but if he wasn’t set on going in I wouldn’t force him if you know what I mean so he didn’t feel pushed out

I think it's a bit of personal preference.
I continued our exact same routines as before so it didn't seem like baby was coming in changing everything

Reactions: 4
I’m nearly 24 weeks and my husband has only just been able to start feeling proper kicks. We did see one on the weekend for the first time too! So you’ll be soon I reckon 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yet again, I go to work and you lot fill 10 pages 😂😂 half the people I want to reply to are on the old thread so bear with me as now I can’t quote.

-I cut my daughters cord myself. My husband would probs faint and tbh I’d done the rest of the hard work myself, might as well complete the job

- I’ve honestly bought absolutely nothing at 16 weeks pregnant. I have got a lot left from last time though.

- Gender reveals aren’t my ‘thing’ really… I prefer the surprise of finding out when they’re born. I also object because all the gender reveals I’ve been to have had a gift list… which I wouldn’t have minded if there wasn’t also a gift list for the baby shower that was a seperate event…

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Anyone else just so sick of peeing now?! I swear I must have the comfiest bladder in the world, he’s never off it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.