Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand how you can have specifically British tv on there but not have Footballers Wives and Bad Girls! They’re so iconic and the first adult shows my mum let me watch at the age of like 10 😂
Omg Tanya from footballers wives hahahah living for her angry faces

Reactions: 1
Thanks ladies ❤ My gran is like a second mother to me, so it was a no brainier to have her come along 🥰 I feel so lucky at my age to have both my grandparents so I do as much as I can with them!

Oh gosh! My other Nan was abit perplexed at why we wanted to find out but my husbands grandad was the worst. He was like ‘better hope it’s a girl!’ And my husband was like why? It makes no different to us not everyone is set on having one of each we’d equally be happy with two boys 😩🤦🏻‍♀️

The in my day speech is the worst - they make you feel guilty for having access to modern day medicine and being able to check things like it’s done to spite them 🤦🏻‍♀️
I know! I was having a rant about the restrictions here in Ireland (our first and my husband can’t attend any appointments and only be present at birth when I’m 4cm dialated) so I booked additional private scans because it’s my first and I’m worried and so he could attend and she was appalled that I was having so much scans and basically told me it’s not a big deal that my husband can’t attend 🙄 the “in my day” speeches really irk me and I know we have to have patience with elderly people but I have duck all patience with this pregnancy 🤣

Tell me how immediately 🤣
The drama channel started showing it at 11:20pm each night since the 26th of July! If you have sky it’s available on catchup the whole first series 😭 it’s as camp as I remember first time around 🤣🤣 lots of eastenders actresses in it!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I know! I was having a rant about the restrictions here in Ireland (our first and my husband can’t attend any appointments and only be present at birth when I’m 4cm dialated) so I booked additional private scans because it’s my first and I’m worried and so he could attend and she was appalled that I was having so much scans and basically told me it’s not a big deal that my husband can’t attend 🙄 the “in my day” speeches really irk me and I know we have to have patience with elderly people but I have duck all patience with this pregnancy 🤣

The drama channel started showing it at 11:20pm each night since the 26th of July! If you have sky it’s available on catchup the whole first series 😭 it’s as camp as I remember first time around 🤣🤣 lots of eastenders actresses in it!
Yesss! Thank you🤣 I've been waiting for sky to have it back on! That's me till I give birth🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Feel a bit thick asking this but am I missing something when it comes to anti colic bottles? Like…. Can I just use them from birth in the hopes that it prevents colic? As opposed to using regular and then switching IF baby gets colic? Does it make any difference? I feel like prevention is surely better than cure but I’m new to all this. I’ve decided to buy a 2 of a couple of different brands (Mam / Nanobebe and maybe Tommee Tippee) as I’m expecting to express / mixed feed and just seeing what baby prefers before ordering more but am I right in thinking going anti colic from the start is better?

Omg yes! Last time I watched bad girls was just after my son was born. That was 9 years ago. I can't wait to relive it 😂
The language is so dated so I can understand why it’s shown at such a late time 🥴🤣 the PC brigade would be up in arms if it was shown on terrestrial tv 🤣

• Haha
Feel a bit thick asking this but am I missing something when it comes to anti colic bottles? Like…. Can I just use them from birth in the hopes that it prevents colic? As opposed to using regular and then switching IF baby gets colic? Does it make any difference? I feel like prevention is surely better than cure but I’m new to all this. I’ve decided to buy a 2 of a couple of different brands (Mam / Nanobebe and maybe Tommee Tippee) as I’m expecting to express / mixed feed and just seeing what baby prefers before ordering more but am I right in thinking going anti colic from the start is better?
We used the mam anti colic for my youngest, and he had colic and silent reflux, so the bottles never helped, just the change of milk. I’ve got normal tommee tippee bottles this time, which I hope will be fine
Also, the teats are very different, so you might notice baby prefers one over the other

This is my exact plan. Try to go natural but if it isn’t happening and they try to come at me with some sort of instruments I’ll be asking for a section. I’d asked in a previous thread and lots of people said it is possible so don’t worry! X

• Heart
Growth scan today, baby has decided centiles mean nothing to them 😬😅

Measuring off the 97th centile... Currently 27+4 but measuring over 29 weeks and they weigh 3.2lb rather than the estimated 1.9lb...!

Gotta go for the glucose tolerance blood test on Friday to rule out gestational diabetes. The midwife said she's not concerned, it could be a growth spurt and they may level off again... But jeez! 😳 What a chunk!

Anyone else experienced similar? I'm only small and worried about potentially squeezing a chunker out now 😬😅
with my first, the growth scans had him measuring around 8-9lbs at birth (so probably not considered “big” baby) and when he was born he was 6lb12oz so on the smaller side. My bump measured massive as well, if I hadn’t been sent for a growth scan we’d have been expecting an 11lb baby.
I refused to even buy any newborn clothes so as you can imagine my boy was drowned in the 0-3mnth clothes we bought and it meant an emergency trip to Tesco when I was eventually let out of the hospital.
I guess my point is to take all the scans you get with a pinch of salt, it might be that they’ve got your dates wrong and baby will come earlier than expected or that your midwife is right and baby just had an earlier growth spurt

Reactions: 5
Growth scan today, baby has decided centiles mean nothing to them 😬😅

Measuring off the 97th centile... Currently 27+4 but measuring over 29 weeks and they weigh 3.2lb rather than the estimated 1.9lb...!

Gotta go for the glucose tolerance blood test on Friday to rule out gestational diabetes. The midwife said she's not concerned, it could be a growth spurt and they may level off again... But jeez! 😳 What a chunk!

Anyone else experienced similar? I'm only small and worried about potentially squeezing a chunker out now 😬😅
Not through it yet but my baby is 98 per centile, predicted 9-10lb and I’m opting for an elective. She’s apparently 7lb and I’m 35 weeks.
Don’t be influenced by me but I have no interest in trying a vaginal birth and then her getting stuck. Discussing with consultants on Monday x

Reactions: 2
My second baby got colic using the normal tommee tippee bottles so this time round we used Mam anti colic bottles.
You can you them at any point as they're used to help prevent colic rather than stopping it if they already have it.
That's the idea 😊
Don't know if it's because of the bottles or just coincidence that my daughter this time hasnt had colic.

Only problem with going with different brands, is the teets are different.
I bought tommee tippee dummies but had mam bottles and she refused the dummies because of the different shape

My second baby got colic using the normal tommee tippee bottles so this time round we used Mam anti colic bottles.
You can you them at any point as they're used to help prevent colic rather than stopping it if they already have it.
That's the idea 😊
Don't know if it's because of the bottles or just coincidence that my daughter this time hasnt had colic.

Only problem with going with different brands, is the teets are different.
I bought tommee tippee dummies but had mam bottles and she refused the dummies because of the different shape
Thanks - that makes sense. I just wasn’t sure why anybody bothered starting off with non anti colic if they can potentially help prevent it and maybe there was something obvious I wasn’t aware of! I’m hoping to breastfeed too so figured I’d get a couple of different and see which baby prefers (if any) and then order a whole set, I’ve had a few friends had to give away a tonne of bottles as they bought the big starter packs and then baby took a different type.

Omg Tanya from footballers wives hahahah living for her angry faces
Isn’t she amazing! Remember the storyline of them swapping the babies! And the young footballer that went in a hot air balloon! That’s all I remember! 😂

I need to get our sky to work on our PlayStation again! What else do I have to do now when I can’t go out drinking!

Just an on topic question, did any of you have nausea but no sickness? It have it all day and I can’t focus on work ginger tea and snacks don’t seem to help either 😖

Reactions: 2
I’ve had a really naff day, my husband has just walked in with a large tango ice blast and McDonald’s nuggets. I knew I married him for a reason and didn’t suffocate him last night when he was snoring 🙃🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.