Pregnancy #17 sponsored by heartburn, hormones and McDonald's (obvs!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@KittyCooper I’m 36 weeks and baby is currently switching between transverse and breech. He’s never been head down so I’m not sure if he’ll ever figure it out lol. I’ve got the midwife on Thursday so I’l to keep you updated on what happens from here. Advised it’ll be a caesarean if he doesn’t turn though.
Yeh let me know how you get on. I have a scan in two weeks at 36 weeks and the midwife said we’ll make a plan then so it’ll be interesting to see what they advise you. I feel like I’ll be okay with a caesarean as long as I have the time to get my head around the idea!

Reactions: 2
Yeh let me know how you get on. I have a scan in two weeks at 36 weeks and the midwife said we’ll make a plan then so it’ll be interesting to see what they advise you. I feel like I’ll be okay with a caesarean as long as I have the time to get my head around the idea!
Yeah my midwife said at 31 weeks that I’ll have a scan at 36 weeks then at my last appointment (34 weeks) she was like I’ll see you again at 36 and then get you a scan so it’s been another wait for a scan. Feel like it’s getting closer and closer to the end with things still up in the air but hopefully on Thursday the ball will get rolling.

I’ve kind of got my head around the caesarean idea now cause he’s been breech for so long. I think if he suddenly turns I’d have to get my head back around to the idea of experiencing a normal birth and waiting for him to decide when to come rather than everything being booked in.

But yeah I’ll keep you updated!

Yayyy a new thread!! Excited for all the babies born this thread ❤I’ve not kept up recently missed all the tv chat my fave! Somehow managed to get a promotion at work so felt like I should actually start doing a bit of work!
For tv chat does anyone know where I could stream bad girls and footballers wives? I really want to re watch while on maternity! 😂 absolute classics

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yayyy a new thread!! Excited for all the babies born this thread ❤I’ve not kept up recently missed all the tv chat my fave! Somehow managed to get a promotion at work so felt like I should actually start doing a bit of work!
For tv chat does anyone know where I could stream bad girls and footballers wives? I really want to re watch while on maternity! 😂 absolute classics
I don’t have it but are they on Britbox? I feel like they would be and if they’re not they should be!

Reactions: 1
I don’t have it but are they on Britbox? I feel like they would be and if they’re not they should be!
Absolute best of British tv but they're not on there. I might have to finally work out how my partners illegal streaming thing works 🤦🏽‍♀️😂

Absolute best of British tv but they're not on there. I might have to finally work out how my partners illegal streaming thing works 🤦🏽‍♀️😂
I stream everything from movies 123… and I just cast it to the tv.. it has absolutely everything and this is to my detriment 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Growth scan today, baby has decided centiles mean nothing to them 😬😅

Measuring off the 97th centile... Currently 27+4 but measuring over 29 weeks and they weigh 3.2lb rather than the estimated 1.9lb...!

Gotta go for the glucose tolerance blood test on Friday to rule out gestational diabetes. The midwife said she's not concerned, it could be a growth spurt and they may level off again... But jeez! 😳 What a chunk!

Anyone else experienced similar? I'm only small and worried about potentially squeezing a chunker out now 😬😅

Reactions: 4
We had a gender scan both times - with my son we took my mum and my gran (who was so overwhelmed as she’d never been to an ultrasound in her life despite having 3!) and with our current it was just my husband and me, and we bought some cannons for my son to let off with my grandparents who were watching him and then my parents.

I loved both - but the look on my gran’s face after finding out we’re having a girl was the best. First girl in the family for 30 years!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yeah my midwife said at 31 weeks that I’ll have a scan at 36 weeks then at my last appointment (34 weeks) she was like I’ll see you again at 36 and then get you a scan so it’s been another wait for a scan. Feel like it’s getting closer and closer to the end with things still up in the air but hopefully on Thursday the ball will get rolling.

I’ve kind of got my head around the caesarean idea now cause he’s been breech for so long. I think if he suddenly turns I’d have to get my head back around to the idea of experiencing a normal birth and waiting for him to decide when to come rather than everything being booked in.

But yeah I’ll keep you updated!
I feel exactly the same. I’m fine with whatever is the safest option but struggle with the idea of getting my head around one thing and then having a change of plan. I’m someone who likes a plan so I can be organised…having to learn to get used to the fact babies do not work like that 😂

We had a gender scan both times - with my son we took my mum and my gran (who was so overwhelmed as she’d never been to an ultrasound in her life despite having 3!) and with our current it was just my husband and me, and we bought some cannons for my son to let off with my grandparents who were watching him and then my parents.

I loved both - but the look on my gran’s face after finding out we’re having a girl was the best. First girl in the family for 30 years!
Awww this has made me teary! I love that you brought your gran!! ❤

• Heart
Love the poll at the top, so many of you in the third trimester :love: I love hearing the baby stories once they are here.

I’m just overthinking and thinking way ahead, but what happens with the birth plan? Do you discuss this with the midwife? I thought I’d want to give natural birth a go, but if any intervention was needed I’d want a c-section, does anyone know if this is possible? Seen a few people commenting saying they are quite reluctant to do sections and I’m a worrier!

That sounds so lovely 🥰My gran is the total opposite to this! When I said I was finding out the gender she couldn’t figure out why I would do such a thing and I have got the “in my day” speech about 100 times to the point that it frustrates the life out of me 🙄

• Heart

this is so lush, sounds like such a special moment with your nan! Me and my nan have been incredibly close all of my life but now she’s in a care home with very advanced dementia, I can’t wait to tell her though as I know she will be really excited ❤

• Heart
I don’t understand how you can have specifically British tv on there but not have Footballers Wives and Bad Girls! They’re so iconic and the first adult shows my mum let me watch at the age of like 10 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
I feel exactly the same. I’m fine with whatever is the safest option but struggle with the idea of getting my head around one thing and then having a change of plan. I’m someone who likes a plan so I can be organised…having to learn to get used to the fact babies do not work like that 😂
You are exactly the same as me. It’s gonna be an adjustment for us isn’t it. Can’t control pregnancy and babies unfortunately! I’m trying to keep my mind open to the fact that he could turn so I’m not struggling if it does happen but I’m not sure I’ve been successful. I’m a lot more relaxed about everything than I might once have been though and I’m worrying less so I consider myself doing quite well. Not long to go :)

Gender reveals aren’t for me, we’re not finding out anyway but I definitely wouldn’t have had one. I might have done a homemade cake to surprise grandparents or something but definitely no party. I find it cringe when the reaction is sooo strong for one or the other (it you’re going to be *that* deflated looking at pink confetti maybe don’t film it for your daughter to watch in years to come!).

Just bought my first bottle of Gaviscon, joyful x

Reactions: 10
Love the poll at the top, so many of you in the third trimester :love: I love hearing the baby stories once they are here.

I’m just overthinking and thinking way ahead, but what happens with the birth plan? Do you discuss this with the midwife? I thought I’d want to give natural birth a go, but if any intervention was needed I’d want a c-section, does anyone know if this is possible? Seen a few people commenting saying they are quite reluctant to do sections and I’m a worrier!
You can put whatever you like on your birth plan. But make sure you take it with you!
From my experience, nobody will know your birth plan unless you take the paper with you and get whatever midwife is in charge to read it first

Reactions: 3
Awww this has made me teary! I love that you brought your gran!! ❤
this is so lush, sounds like such a special moment with your nan! Me and my nan have been incredibly close all of my life but now she’s in a care home with very advanced dementia, I can’t wait to tell her though as I know she will be really excited ❤
Thanks ladies ❤ My gran is like a second mother to me, so it was a no brainier to have her come along 🥰 I feel so lucky at my age to have both my grandparents so I do as much as I can with them!

That sounds so lovely 🥰My gran is the total opposite to this! When I said I was finding out the gender she couldn’t figure out why I would do such a thing and I have got the “in my day” speech about 100 times to the point that it frustrates the life out of me 🙄
Oh gosh! My other Nan was abit perplexed at why we wanted to find out but my husbands grandad was the worst. He was like ‘better hope it’s a girl!’ And my husband was like why? It makes no different to us not everyone is set on having one of each we’d equally be happy with two boys 😩🤦🏻‍♀️

The in my day speech is the worst - they make you feel guilty for having access to modern day medicine and being able to check things like it’s done to spite them 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I cancelled my baby shower because I just can’t deal with the stress and all my friends together in one place it would be such a strange mixture and also the cost of balloons was something like 200 quid then food and I was like ffs I am so over whelmed so I just said I’m not doing it now x
Mine and my husband friend organised a baby shower at his work; she’s his manager and invited us both. I didn’t want to go as i hate being centre of attention (my friend totally got it!) so my husband had an amazing time. I have some amazing pictures of him with a baby sash on playing games! He’s such a Leo, haha!

thats absolutely wonderful! My girl is the first on my husbands side in nearly 4 generations, and I’m the only daughter and granddaughter. my Grandpa is so pleased!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.