Pregnancy #14 sponsored by discharge

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally love the leopard baby bjorn ones but going to get a softer one too for indoors.
Have you tried Facebook marketplace? Seams to be so much on there that’s barely been used

So if you call round they do better prices than online? Ahh I’ve never even thought about haggling for a pram amazing thanks
I know it sounds like an effort but I was originally quoted nearly 2.5k for my travel system which I know is very expensive but I looked how much it was direct from the manufacturer - they won’t sell direct in England and they told me to contact their trusted suppliers…so I knew there was money to save as the price was under 2k direct I knew I would pay a profit for the shop but I don’t think it was much they have given me a really good price. I rang up and said I have been given this price originally in x shop and I am trying to get the best option can you do anything and she rang me back and said she would hold the price for me for two days x

Reactions: 1
If we’re talking baby carriers, I’d highly recommend looking up your local sling library. My daughter was pretty much in a sling 24/7 as she was one of those babies who wouldn’t ever be put down. The sling library let you borrow a sling for a really minimal cost so you can see which ones you like before shelling out big money. I think I tried like 3 or 4 before I found one that was really comfy and then purchased that one (annoyingly though my husband has somehow lost it so I think I’ll have to buy another one! He put it up in the loft after he deemed her ‘too big’ which was bs as I still used it and anyway, he now can’t find it…)

Also talking of shopping, wondering if anyone has any recommendations for baby bouncers/chairs that can withstand toddler weight?! I have no doubt my two year old will attempt to sit in anything i buy for the baby. I’ve seen the nuna leaf has a high weight limit but equally they’re quite pricey…
This is what I did with baby number 2 and how I discovered my love for tula. My husband preferred a connecta so we ended up with both 🙈😂 in fact I had quite the sling addiction and bought and sold a fair few. We did talk about not bothering with a pram this time around but I wasn't brave enough with another 2 kids in tow.

Reactions: 3
I know it sounds like an effort but I was originally quoted nearly 2.5k for my travel system which I know is very expensive but I looked how much it was direct from the manufacturer - they won’t sell direct in England and they told me to contact their trusted suppliers…so I knew there was money to save as the price was under 2k direct I knew I would pay a profit for the shop but I don’t think it was much they have given me a really good price. I rang up and said I have been given this price originally in x shop and I am trying to get the best option can you do anything and she rang me back and said she would hold the price for me for two days x
That’s amazing I’ll try this for ours thanks!

This is what I did with baby number 2 and how I discovered my love for tula. My husband preferred a connecta so we ended up with both 🙈😂 in fact I had quite the sling addiction and bought and sold a fair few. We did talk about not bothering with a pram this time around but I wasn't brave enough with another 2 kids in tow.
This is our current debate!! Our pram got stolen, so although I have a cheapie stroller for the toddler, I’m genuinely debating not bothering buying a pram as i so rarely used it and just used slings. I had a few kari-me stretchy wraps for the early days, then after trying a few, settled on a kahu baby carrier. Considering the pram cost me nearly £1000 (including car seats, isofix etc) i really wish I hadn’t bothered 😂

Reactions: 2
This is our current debate!! Our pram got stolen, so although I have a cheapie stroller for the toddler, I’m genuinely debating not bothering buying a pram as i so rarely used it and just used slings. I had a few kari-me stretchy wraps for the early days, then after trying a few, settled on a kahu baby carrier. Considering the pram cost me nearly £1000 (including car seats, isofix etc) i really wish I hadn’t bothered 😂
As she is my first I just wanted a pram with all the trimmings I know it is probably unnecessary but I might not have any more children my partner wants a baby carrier I will look into them x

Go for it! We don’t use a pram for a newbie, and it’s so much easier when you have older kids (I have 4 in total, have t used a pram for a baby since no1!) We have a big selection of slings (also a Tula fan, I couldn’t even count how many have been through our house 🙈 and some I really regret letting go!) and I use a back pack for a nappy bag, and have both hands free to wrangle the others.

• Heart
We really didn't use our buggy at all with my second (and first was a toddler) we had a carrier for each and a backpack each for days out, it was brilliant! Double buggy just lived in the boot of the car. I'd definitely consider saving yourself the money! Maybe you could see how you get on for the first few weeks without one and take it from there?
I've gone for one this time because I'm always laden up at the school gates with bags, coats, lunch boxes and PE kits. I expect the buggy will be a bag holder and the baby will be in the sling 😂

As she is my first I just wanted a pram with all the trimmings I know it is probably unnecessary but I might not have any more children my partner wants a baby carrier I will look into them x
Oh it totally wasn’t a criticism of you. It was more a statement saying it was a waste of money for me as my daughter had an allergy to milk that we didn’t manage to get diagnosed til we started weaning her at 6 months, meaning she was an absolutely miserable child for the first 6m of her life and we just couldn’t ever put her down. Most other children are probs far happier to actually be in a pram than mine was 😂 Nothing wrong with splashing out on a lovely purchase for the baby at all

Go for it! We don’t use a pram for a newbie, and it’s so much easier when you have older kids (I have 4 in total, have t used a pram for a baby since no1!) We have a big selection of slings (also a Tula fan, I couldn’t even count how many have been through our house 🙈 and some I really regret letting go!) and I use a back pack for a nappy bag, and have both hands free to wrangle the others.
I had an absolutely gorgeous, oscha stars soft wrap conversion that I still regret letting go of 5 years later. 😭

• Heart
Nothing to add except for what kind of person steals a pram?! That is incredibly annoying! Is pram insurance a thing as some of them seem to cost about the same as a small car!

• Wow
Oh it totally wasn’t a criticism of you. It was more a statement saying it was a waste of money for me as my daughter had an allergy to milk that we didn’t manage to get diagnosed til we started weaning her at 6 months, meaning she was an absolutely miserable child for the first 6m of her life and we just couldn’t ever put her down. Most other children are probs far happier to actually be in a pram than mine was 😂 Nothing wrong with splashing out on a lovely purchase for the baby at all
No I know I am actually worried I won’t use it because my fiancé said this to me but I just had to have it and omfg who steals a pram that is so wrong ☹

Also re: wraps/slings - really want to try the sling library but I’m not sure if it’s optimistic to plan to go there in the first two weeks of having a newborn! Debating buying a second hand cheapy one off eBay just to get through the clingy newborn phase. But there’s just sooo much choice. I quite like the Bon and Bear leopard print ones…

Read somewhere that pineapple induces labour
Fast forward to me bouncing on mt birthing ball with a box of pineapple chunks
Lord give me strength

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Nothing to add except for what kind of person steals a pram?! That is incredibly annoying! Is pram insurance a thing as some of them seem to cost about the same as a small car!
Argh I know! I left the car unlocked once and they nicked it out the boot 😭 thought about claiming on my car insurance but by the time I’d paid my excess then lost my no claims discount it wouldn’t have been worth it.

Also re: wraps/slings - really want to try the sling library but I’m not sure if it’s optimistic to plan to go there in the first two weeks of having a newborn! Debating buying a second hand cheapy one off eBay just to get through the clingy newborn phase. But there’s just sooo much choice. I quite like the Bon and Bear leopard print ones…
The sling library recommended a stretchy wrap for the early days as they said it feels the most womb-like and therefore little babies tend to like them the most. You can buy those for about £30ish as they’re basically just a long piece of fabric. Don’t be put off by having to tie them, once you’ve done it twice you’ll nail it and there’s loads of videos on YouTube lol

I've not used them for years but "it's a sling thing" are a postal sling library and the lady that runs it is absolutely lovely, so knowledgeable and able to recommend lots of things..might be worth a look? For the first few weeks I've got a stretchy wrap. They're quite a bit cheaper and easy enough to sell on once you're done with them.

Read somewhere that pineapple induces labour
Fast forward to me bouncing on mt birthing ball with a box of pineapple chunks
Lord give me strength
You need to eat a lot of pineapples to bring on labour. I think it’s about 8 🙈
I was writing out things to do to induce labour, but 2 of my pregnancies have gone over (15 days, 14 days) so I’m pretty much useless at this 😂😂

• Haha
Baby Wrap Carrier - All in 1 Stretchy Baby Sling - Baby Carrier Sling - Baby Carrier Wraps - Baby Carriers for Newborn, Infant - Baby Holder Straps - Baby Slings - Baby Sling Wrap (Mystic Gray) Amazon product

I’ve ordered this one as it seems to have quite good reviews! I am worried about learning to tie it though 🤣

Baby Wrap Carrier - All in 1 Stretchy Baby Sling - Baby Carrier Sling - Baby Carrier Wraps - Baby Carriers for Newborn, Infant - Baby Holder Straps - Baby Slings - Baby Sling Wrap (Mystic Gray) Amazon product

I’ve ordered this one as it seems to have quite good reviews! I am worried about learning to tie it though 🤣
Haha I'm crap with learning how to tie them, I have a baby k'tan wrap which is pre wrapped I've tried it with a teddy and it's so easy to use thank God!!

You need to eat a lot of pineapples to bring on labour. I think it’s about 8 🙈
I was writing out things to do to induce labour, but 2 of my pregnancies have gone over (15 days, 14 days) so I’m pretty much useless at this 😂😂
Oh I don't think I can stomach 8 pineapples
Back to curb walking I go then

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.