Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your ladies thoughts on early scans? I am just worrying myself that something is going to go wrong.. this is triggered by MC back in jan! I will be 5 weeks tomorrow so would book one for around 7 weeks. I just don’t know what to do, I feel sick with worry and the thought of waiting another 6 weeks or so until my 12W one really makes me anxious. Xx
I've had a 5 week scan and am booked in for a 7 week scan because I've been in a lot of pain (and they wanted to check I wasn't ectopic). The 5 week scan confirmed there was nothing wrong with my ovaries and it was implanted in the correct place. The 7 week will confirm if it's a viable pregnancy. Depends what you want from the scan.

100000% go for the early scan!! I don’t know how people can wait til 13 weeks it’s far too stressful!! Xxx

Reactions: 5
Like my experience with the hse standard maternity scans have been tit! Totally rushed and the pics were shocking 🙈 it’s worth the couple of pounds/euros for a good experience

Reactions: 3
I fully endorse private scans! Like you say, if something is wrong, it's gonna happen regardless whether you get a scan or not, but the reassurance it brings is priceless!
I was sure of dates and rough ovulation and went at 6+5 (epu) and they measured 6 with heartbeats so there was a discrepancy but nothing to worry about. Went again at 7+3 and 10+4 (private) and had another scan with epu at 9ish weeks just to make sure there was growth!

Also in my personal opinion, transvaginal scans are a million times better! I requested it even at the 10+4 scan because it was a million times clearer than on the tummy!

Reactions: 6
Don't know why I have bothered to veet my fairy in all honesty, at this point why do I care 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So from my LMP was 5 weeks tomorrow, so if I book one for 3 weeks time? I’ve had a transvaginal one before and it was fine. My partner doesn’t see the point but I suppose for me it will make the weeks easier and give me peace of mind. Im aware things can go wrong at anytime but for now, I just want to feel reassured. Xxxx
I would say yes, if you don’t know when you ovulated I would say 8wks from LMP would give you enough room if you ovulated later, you could still see something. Of course, you could to at 7.5, but the later you can (if you are happy too) leave it I think gives you a better chance. I think it’s perfectly normal to want to be reassured that everything is in its right place, and going ok ❤

Reactions: 4
I had an early scan at 8 weeks, and got see quite a lot on screen including the little hearts beating away which was very emotional! IMO it was worth every penny! Not sure where you’re based but London window to the womb clinics the early scan is £49 x

• Heart
I was awake 2-6am, joy! I’m pretty sure I had braxton hicks - I thought it was wind at first but my tummy went really hard and tight and bloated for a little while and it came and went a few times. Wasn’t expecting to feel that at 21 weeks I thought it happened much later on. I was also writing a baby shopping list so it wouldn’t surprise me if the blooming length of it tried to send me in to early labour! So many people have mentioned letting them know what they can gift to us which is lovely but how do you work out what to ask from who? So much of the stuff is random little bits and bobs and frankly it seems easier to just go and pick up the bath and changing mat and all those daily bits ourselves but then they’re nice inexpensive things to ask for as a gift too. Confusing.
Kind of worries me at how little I have bought like I genuinely couldn’t can’t think of what I should buy? Need help everyone please can you tell me what you should dress babies in I know that sounds stupid but other than a baby grow with a vest under I have no idea 🤷🏽‍♀️

I was awake 2-6am, joy! I’m pretty sure I had braxton hicks - I thought it was wind at first but my tummy went really hard and tight and bloated for a little while and it came and went a few times. Wasn’t expecting to feel that at 21 weeks I thought it happened much later on. I was also writing a baby shopping list so it wouldn’t surprise me if the blooming length of it tried to send me in to early labour! So many people have mentioned letting them know what they can gift to us which is lovely but how do you work out what to ask from who? So much of the stuff is random little bits and bobs and frankly it seems easier to just go and pick up the bath and changing mat and all those daily bits ourselves but then they’re nice inexpensive things to ask for as a gift too. Confusing.
I have had the tightening feeling quite early on it is crazy feeling c

My friend that bottle fed got this, I've now bought one, and honestly she says its the BEST investment she made for the baby. Perfect temp formula in 2 minutes
I bough the tommee tippee perfect prep machine as so many people recommended it to me x

Reactions: 2
My scan is Wednesday.

that was a horrible experience. The doctor dipped my urine and said it was a “weak positive” and go home and expect to miscarry. EPU wouldn’t scan me. Attempted to ring several ultrasound places and they are all booked up.

my head hurts. I’ve never heard of a weak positive before. It was a tiny bit of bleeding.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
So I’ve booked my early scan for Saturday 24th July which will make me 7w4days.. so nearly 8 weeks to we think this gives enough space? I had an early one with my son just over 8 weeks but at the time was based in hospital so was able to be snuck in! I’m nervous/excited all in one! I hope all is okay xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
What are your ladies thoughts on early scans? I am just worrying myself that something is going to go wrong.. this is triggered by MC back in jan! I will be 5 weeks tomorrow so would book one for around 7 weeks. I just don’t know what to do, I feel sick with worry and the thought of waiting another 6 weeks or so until my 12W one really makes me anxious. Xx
I had an early one at the nhs because of pain I was under 6 weeks but I was shown the heartbeat and I didn’t need a transvaginal scan which also makes me think my dates are not accurate anyway I fully recommend private scans the pictures are so much better than the nhs and the overall experience. X

My scan is Wednesday.

that was a horrible experience. The doctor dipped my urine and said it was a “weak positive” and go home and expect to miscarry. EPU wouldn’t scan me. Attempted to ring several ultrasound places and they are all booked up.

my head hurts. I’ve never heard of a weak positive before. It was a tiny bit of bleeding.
That is hurrendous!! I’m so so so sorry your are going through this. How awful I can’t believe they are leaving you for over a week!! Absolutely diabolical!! No wonder people pay for private scans!!

i really hope things turn out okay💛❤ Sending you so much love and well wishes. I know it’s not ideal, and you really shouldn’t have too but could you try other private scan studios which are abit more out of your area? Xx

My scan is Wednesday.

That is bleeping awful it is late in the day so your urine could be quite week especially if you have drank a lot of fluid. I am so sorry they were so mean to you it depends what kind of person you are but I was beside myself and made the doctor refer me to the Epu and said respectfully im
Not satisfied with his answer andI want a second opinion xxx if you go on window to the womb you can literally see what is available everyday if there is one near to you x

My scan is Wednesday.

what on earth?! Why would he dip your urine anyway - isn’t there an effect where there is too much HCG for the test to be positive? Is there anywhere you can go privately? I’m so annoyed and angry for you because they should at least scan and investigate.
So I’ve booked my early scan for Saturday 24th July which will make me 7w4days.. so nearly 8 weeks to we think this gives enough space? I had an early one with my son just over 8 weeks but at the time was based in hospital so was able to be snuck in! I’m nervous/excited all in one! I hope all is okay xxx
I think so - if it IS too early they would call you back but fingers crossed all will be fine xx

My scan is Wednesday.

Thinking of you ♥ hoping for a positive outcome, are you able to try and get a scan tomorrow or are they booked up for tomorrow aswel xx

My scan is Wednesday.

This makes me so CROSS! I'm so sorry you're being treated so poorly. A bfp or bfn or even a weak one in this case means absolutely duck all. When I had my ectopic and had some bleeding they tested me and were like no you're grand and still pregnant. How to medical professionals not know that your HCG can still be in your system long after baby is gone.
SO to say that it's weak and you'll miscarry is an absolute disgrace.

I've also seen a lot of people talk about the hook effect where if you were to take a pregnancy test undiluted and later in pregnancy, it can be a faint line because there's too much HCG in your system.

I know at this point your head is more than likely destroyed with the stress but at this point I would be saying im in a lot of pain, can someone scan me please FFS?! I'm so so sorry you're going through this (hopefully for nothing). Lost for words!

• Heart
My scan is Wednesday.

Never heard of a weak positive either. A line is a line? So sorry for your awful experience. ❤
I had a similarly crappy experience after some brown blood on wiping almost 10 years ago where amongst other insults I was asked how I knew it was blood (?!!) and sent home for 2 days to wait for a scan and now I have an almost 9 year old sitting in front of me watching trolls. Sending positive vibes your way.

• Heart
I was actually 7+5 when I had mine but measured ahead at 8+2 or similar so you may be the same x

My scan is Wednesday.

I’m so sorry you had such an awful experience and making you wait until weds is torture☹. Is there another hospital nearby you can refer yourself to for a second opinion?

Reactions: 1
My scan is Wednesday.

I’m so sorry - this is awful treatment. Could you try a different EPU? I was told to expect to miscarry as scan was empty and my HCG levels didn’t rise at all in 48 hours. It was the weekend and my doctor (private) suggested I call my local EPU and just explain and say I was having pain, luckily they were able to see me the same day and actually found a heartbeat. She did say it’s a bit naughty to fib about pain but to be honest it’s also no good for you to be left in a state for days waiting so in the grand scheme of things, tell the fib. Or try out of the area for a private one. Once baby has a heartbeat the HCG indicators aren’t what they go by in EPU and later in the day you could have diluted it down by drinking by now. I really hope everything works out ok - it’s easier said than done but try not to worry, there’s nothing you can do and it is really really common to have a bit of old blood spotting. Like I said I was told it was bad news (had two large glasses of wine and sobbed for 14 hours), zero hope given and went to EPU to find out how to manage the next stage and I’m now 21 weeks with a healthy baby. Keep some hope and I hope you find someone who can scan you soon ❤

Reactions: 10
My scan is Wednesday.

So sorry they weren’t more helpful, as others have said are you able to get a second opinion? I’ve never heard of a weak positive either, surely a positive is just a positive, especially as it’s late in the day. Sending love xx

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.