Pregnancy #13 Sponsored by McDonalds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can try the GP but unfortunately they're never bothered. They'll refer you to physio which from what I've seen, never helps. But I've always got the idea from them that you just have to deal with it as there's nothing they can do.

Having a bath every night helped a little. But only for a while!
I was told by the midwife to take paracetamol and it will go when the baby has arrived… so helpful x

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Just went to the toilet and I’ve got brown blood when I wipe. I’m 12 weeks. What the duck do I do now?

Just went to the toilet and I’ve got brown blood when I wipe. I’m 12 weeks. What the duck do I do now?
I had a lot (A LOT, like almost every day) of brown blood in the first 13 weeks and it was nothing. It’s more than likely old blood making it’s way out the body. They’re often more concerned if it’s fresh red blood and particularly if you have cramps with it. You can always call your GP or EPU if you have their number if you’re concerned and they’ll reassure you or have you in for checks. Just keep an eye on the amount and colour. Have a liner in to check if it’s coming out on it or if it’s just when you wipe x

Reactions: 5
Thanks everyone. Rang the GP who has an hours waiting for a call back. Call EPU who needs the GP referal. Trying to get through to the community midwives but they are engaged. Hopefully it will be okay. No fresh blood, but bloating.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I second Palmer's cocoa butter products! I use the stretch mark balm stuff in a round pot, it's gorgeous. I've had super itchy boobs too, and it helps loads.

I've also been using after sun that I keep in the fridge, just cos it's super moisturising anyway and the chill helps to calm the itch when it's really annoying!
Too bleeping right he is.
He made a big song and dance about going to bed early on friday eve (the night before two friends were due to visit). He huffed and puffed when i couldn't get to sleep and kept tossing and turning. I ended up going on thr sofa, so HE could sleep.
Again last night, im in bed. He rocks up after the football, drunk around 1ish i think. He gets in to bed, talks to me, fall asleep and starts snoring. Back to the sofa I go.

With this rubbish nasal congestion and ruddy yeast infection, im so uncomfortable and unable to sleep. He makes me feel so guilty and so i cant relax. Ive been sleeping on the sofa a fair bit recently.

Are you using and creams or oils on your itchy skin lovely? Ive been using palmers coconut oil on my body and palmer massage lotion for stretch marks on my stomach. Ive found they really help and i feel moisturised for a long time 😊

I’ve also got palmers and the oil I have been using is the Welida oil for stretch marks it’s gorgeous on your bum abs legs too my boobs get really hot abs itchy too. X
Thanks ladies, I’ve been using bio oil but will try some of the palmers stuff too.

@PineappleTopper hope you managed to get some sleep last night xx

Thanks ladies, I’ve been using bio oil but will try some of the palmers stuff too.

@PineappleTopper hope you managed to get some sleep last night xx
I had a lovely night thanks love.
Woke up to him giving me the silent treatment🙄
Fucker creates an argument and the keeps it going for days. I cannot be arsed. Hes waiting for me to admit fault, which i usually do to get the tit to be normal again.

Thank god he is out all day today.

Respite!

Reactions: 6
Thanks everyone. Rang the GP who has an hours waiting for a call back. Call EPU who needs the GP referal. Trying to get through to the community midwives but they are engaged. Hopefully it will be okay. No fresh blood, but bloating.
Hope all is ok. If any help I’ve also this lots including the morning of my dating scan and all was ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I was awake 2-6am, joy! I’m pretty sure I had braxton hicks - I thought it was wind at first but my tummy went really hard and tight and bloated for a little while and it came and went a few times. Wasn’t expecting to feel that at 21 weeks I thought it happened much later on. I was also writing a baby shopping list so it wouldn’t surprise me if the blooming length of it tried to send me in to early labour! So many people have mentioned letting them know what they can gift to us which is lovely but how do you work out what to ask from who? So much of the stuff is random little bits and bobs and frankly it seems easier to just go and pick up the bath and changing mat and all those daily bits ourselves but then they’re nice inexpensive things to ask for as a gift too. Confusing.

• Sad
I was awake 2-6am, joy! I’m pretty sure I had braxton hicks - I thought it was wind at first but my tummy went really hard and tight and bloated for a little while and it came and went a few times. Wasn’t expecting to feel that at 21 weeks I thought it happened much later on. I was also writing a baby shopping list so it wouldn’t surprise me if the blooming length of it tried to send me in to early labour! So many people have mentioned letting them know what they can gift to us which is lovely but how do you work out what to ask from who? So much of the stuff is random little bits and bobs and frankly it seems easier to just go and pick up the bath and changing mat and all those daily bits ourselves but then they’re nice inexpensive things to ask for as a gift too. Confusing.
Can you maybe make an Amazon wish list add bits you like and send the link to anyone who wants to buy a gift? It’ll be removed when it’s purchased (you can set that as a setting) so there shouldn’t be dupes and it means people can choose what they want to buy from it and what they want to spend.

Reactions: 1
That’s awful. Sick of these crappy covid restrictions now. I hope you are okay and everything is okay with baby 💛❤
same here. I just burst into tears when the security guard said no. I’m hoping I’ll get seen soon.

Husband can’t wait with me so I’m just sat in A&E having a sob!
Honestly please try not to worry, brown blood can be a good sign. I was told at 7 weeks I had a load of implantation blood that hadn’t come out or reabsorbed near the baby so I was actually hoping for brown blood that following week! Luckily my body eventually absorbed it but it is most likely just old implantation blood if it’s brown. Good luck ❤

• Heart
absolute cruelty. Sending you lots of love xxx
honestly infuriates me and I’m NHS staff. My friend is a band 6 here so I’ve texted her, so at least I have one friendly face to look out for.

Honestly please try not to worry, brown blood can be a good sign. I was told at 7 weeks I had a load of implantation blood that hadn’t come out or reabsorbed near the baby so I was actually hoping for brown blood that following week! Luckily my body eventually absorbed it but it is most likely just old implantation blood if it’s brown. Good luck ❤
thank you so much. The logical part (aka the nurse part) of my brain knows this, but the smallpotato side of my brain is in panic mode, esp as I’ve had losses before.

• Heart
honestly infuriates me and I’m NHS staff. My friend is a band 6 here so I’ve texted her, so at least I have one friendly face to look out for.

thank you so much. The logical part (aka the nurse part) of my brain knows this, but the smallpotato side of my brain is in panic mode, esp as I’ve had losses before.

Best of luck. For what it’s worth I’m one of the only people I know that HASN’T had any light bleeding or spotting in my pregnancy (so far). It’s really common especially older brown but I know in the moment that doesn’t help the worry. Hopefully you’re seen soon and can be reassured all is well. If you’ve got the calm app or something similar maybe try and do some of their 5 minute breathing videos to help keep calm and pass the time. Lots of love x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Please dont panic - brown blood is fine; it’s only if it’s fresh blood, a lot of it, and you’re cramping a lot, vomiting and diarrhoea which is a cause for concern. I have bled fresh blood twice in my pregnancy (almost 11 weeks) and had an emergency scan at 7 weeks and all was fine. It’s terrifying but it does happen to some women without any explanation.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.